RemedySpot.com

Relocation-School Recommendation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I posted here last week regarding recommendations for public & private schools in the DFW area which have experience dealing with low-functioning & non-verbal children. I appreciate the few people who responded with recommendations. We are coming to Texas at the end of this week & I am scheduling visits with a few of the schools recommended. If any of you know anything about Renner Middle School in Plano or the Autism Treatment Center specifically, please let me know. If you or any of your friends or family can point us in the direction, that would be greatly appreciated. I've included my original post below if you missed it the first time. Thanks for your help & advice with this- we just want the best for our son & home-schooling is currently not a viable option for us. Dolly My family & I are relocating back to Texas this Summer & I am seeking recommendations for school districts & /or private schools with effective & appropriate Autism programs for our son. We are considering the Plano, Colleyville, Or Frisco & surrounding areas. Specifically, we are seeking families who have information & /or personal experiences with Focus on the Future Center in Plano or other programs or schools they have experience with. I realize that some districts have both great schools, staff, & programs & others in the same district are not so stellar. That being said, we welcome both positive & negative experiences & recommendations. Our son will be 11 next month & will be entering 6th grade. He is non-verbal, is low-functioning (for lack of a better term) & has been diagnosed with ADHD & Sensory Processing Disorder. This year he has begun to display more aggressive & negative behaviors but on the flip side, has made more academic gains than he has in the past 2 or 3 years this school year. We are wanting to visit schools or programs & look for houses in the area very soon to get the ball rolling- hopefully in the next week or so as our son's school placement is paramount when considering where we move to in the Metroplex. Any advice that can be offered will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance,The FamilySent from my iPhone