RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Grandfathered drugs BANNED by the FDA!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear , Thank you so much for writing back to me. I am in Winter Springs, Florida. It's a suburb of Orlando. My daughter is out today trying to find me some Armour Thyroid. She was going to try the Sam's Club near her home first because she had to go there anyway. I gave all the people I wrote to (, ez, Feeney-my congressman, McCollum--Fla Attorney General--all of them--the name and telephone number for Joan Powers at the FDA. Hopefully, they'll get some kind of definitive answer and be back in touch with me next week. The only one that showed any interest was Feeney's office. I am not panicked about this, but I am not happy about it either. If I have to, I guess I'll go back on cytomel, but I sure hope I don't have to. I really appreciate all you've done

about this. I'm not a kook either. I'm 62, a retired (and disabled) lawyer. I practiced law, taught at a university and worked for a legal publisher. I've served on lots of civic boards, etc. and done all the normal kinds of things my whole life. I think people have just so often had doctors saying, falsely, that Armour isn't available and they'd better take something else that they just are having a hard time believing this is for real. I think it might well be for real, even though I hope it isn't. I also called Ms Powers at the FDA. If she does call me back, I'll let you know what she says. Best, wrote: I just got back from the Lakeland Sam's Club in Lakeland, Florida. This is 50 miles one way from my home in Clearwater. After they pharmacist gave me my prescription, he said, "Hey. Aren't they pulling this medicine?"I hope I'm wrong, people.I want you to know that it has not been my intention to cause panic...even though I am very upset. I am not some loon that has joined your group to create a ruckus. I have researched this since New Year's Eve Day and only came onto these sites when I kept getting all the same bad news from everyone. I am a floral designer, a Notary here in Florida, my son is in law school, and I've been married for almost 25 years to an electrical supervisor for

a major contractor in Tampa. Trust me, I don't want this to be happening and I don't have time to put my life on hold while I try to fight this and hoard drugs at the same time.I hope that Joan Powers at the FDA is wrong and that the Armour thyroid people are right and that Armour continues to be manufactured. All the best to you all and I really do pray that I've been given horrible misinformation.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>>I know that you can go back to Cytomel, but I can't take the

chemicals and it's really scaring me.<<

OK As this is a T3 list I am calling a halt to this conversation. I appreciate

the heads up but until there are FACTS there is no more discussion. AARP can

remove any drug it wants to for what ever reasons as can any insurance company,

this is why many of the better doctors do not accept insurance. They also

dictate what tests they are allowed to run and how often, doesn't mean the tests

are not approved. I am seeing a whole lot of conjecture here and not alot of

facts.

--

Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WV

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/

Reply from the FDA about Armour being discontinued. As I suspected this

is another rumor and not true.

Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:25 PM

To:

Subject: RE: DrugInfo Comment Form FDA/CDER Site

Dear Judy

Thank you for your message to the Center for Drug Evaluation and

Research (CDER), one of the five centers within the Food and Drug

Administration (FDA).

Armour thyroid is currently marketed without an approved new drug

application and marketing of such products is governed by the following

document: http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/6911fnl.pdf. I

am not aware

of any enforcement action being taken against Armour Thyroid at this

time.

Sincerely,

Division of Drug Information

D202D

This communication is consistent with 21 CFR 10.85 (k) and constitutes

an informal communication that represents our best judgment at this time

but does not constitute an advisory opinion, does not necessarily

represent the formal position of FDA, and does not bind or otherwise

obligate or commit the agency to the views expressed.

-- Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WV

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/