RemedySpot.com

Re: went to the Dr today.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Some of us do need to be on cortisol indefinitely if our adrenal glands just do not produce enough.

> > >> > > Hi, all i went to see the Dr today and she is conserned about my DHEA and she > > > wants be to try cortisol said my thyroid look ok. but i told her i wanted to > > > try a little increese of thyroid med. she said ok and we can try that but if i > > > start to feel shakey is to call her. and she look at my vitamins and mineral > > > and told me that i need more b12 and that should help some with the > > > adernals.  and she wants me to try taking 7-keto dhea but i need to look on the > > > computer about that.  if this does not help with my dhea to lower it then are > > > next thing is to go on cortisol.   and i gave her my labs for this heart > > > screening that i had done at the Hospital that was free all my Glucose and chol > > > hdl hdl/chol and trig and ldl -cholesterol look real good.   so.  that is all > > > for now.  hope all are doing ok. take care.> > > > > >  > > > > > >  > > > Hi, All> > > > > > I got my lab work in . i need to get appointment set up with the Dr i will call > > > in the morning.> > > > > > Cortisol-Am              8.7 (6.2-19.4)> > > > > > Teatosterone,serum   32 ( 8-48)> > > > > > TSH                0.009 (0.450-4.500> > > > > > Progesterone    14.4  Post meno> > > > > > Estradiol          19 .7  > > > > > > DHEA-sulfate   287. 4   ( 35.4-256.0)    red flaged> > > > > > Triiodothyronine,free, serum     3.7  ( 2.0 - 4.4 )> > > > > > T4, free (direct)        1.06 ( 0.82-1.77)> > > > > > % free testosterone   1.83   ( 0.50-2.80) %> > > > > > testosterone, free   0.59     ( 0.10- 0.85)> > > > > > now . i feel a little tired and hir is a little dry and some hair loss not a > > > lot.   and at times water eyes but i think that is allerges becouse that comes > > > and goes. if i am reading this right i think i need for thyroid med .     doe > > > any one know if the t4 med torent is still on the market ? mybe i can talk to > > > the Dr about adding some t4 with what i have. i will talk to her i hope i can > > > see her next week.  Thanks all have a good day.> > >> > > >>

Guest guest

wondering if there are side effects. likw weight gain. and do i realy need increese on med if i take cortisol. Thnaks

----- Forwarded Message ----To: "Texas_Thyroid_Groups " <Texas_Thyroid_Groups >Sent: Thu, June 21, 2012 11:17:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: went to the Dr today.

Wondering if I should try it but do I need to stay on the cortisol for ever? She is good dr candce demeta in tomball. I think o should call in the morningSent from my iPod

The cortisol being low is a bigger concern than the DHEA being slightly over range. I would ask for the hydrocortisone (cortisol) presciption in a heartbeat. It should help you tolerate the increase in your thyroid med. For an 8:00am cortisol, 15 is the minimum good level.

For hypo/Hashi folks, the prohormones, DHEA, progesterone, pregnenolone, often do not convert well, so we need less of them and more of the target hormones, estrogen, testosterone, cortisol.

I don't know if you realize how difficult it is to find a doc willing to write for hydrocortisone. And she is willing to increase your dose. Who is your doc? She sounds great. I hope you tell her how great she is, bake her some cookies, or maybe send her a nice note.

>> Hi, all i went to see the Dr today and she is conserned about my DHEA and she > wants be to try cortisol said my thyroid look ok. but i told her i wanted to > try a little increese of thyroid med. she said ok and we can try that but if i > start to feel shakey is to call her. and she look at my vitamins and mineral > and told me that i need more b12 and that should help some with the >

adernals.  and she wants me to try taking 7-keto dhea but i need to look on the > computer about that.  if this does not help with my dhea to lower it then are > next thing is to go on cortisol.   and i gave her my labs for this heart > screening that i had done at the Hospital that was free all my Glucose and chol > hdl hdl/chol and trig and ldl -cholesterol look real good.   so.  that is all > for now.  hope all are doing ok. take care.> >  > >  > Hi, All> > I got my lab work in . i need to get appointment set up with the Dr i will call > in the morning.> > Cortisol-Am              8.7Â

(6.2-19.4)> > Teatosterone,serum   32 ( 8-48)> > TSH                0.009 (0.450-4.500> > Progesterone    14.4  Post meno> > Estradiol          19 .7  > > DHEA-sulfate   287. 4   ( 35.4-256.0)    red flaged> > Triiodothyronine,free, serum     3.7  ( 2.0 - 4.4 )> > T4, free (direct)        1.06 ( 0.82-1.77)> > % free testosterone  Â

1.83   ( 0.50-2.80) %> > testosterone, free   0.59     ( 0.10- 0.85)> > now . i feel a little tired and hir is a little dry and some hair loss not a > lot.   and at times water eyes but i think that is allerges becouse that comes > and goes. if i am reading this right i think i need for thyroid med .     doe > any one know if the t4 med torent is still on the market ? mybe i can talk to > the Dr about adding some t4 with what i have. i will talk to her i hope i can > see her next week.  Thanks all have a good day.>

Guest guest

Taking the cortisol will help you tolerate the increased dose of thyroid that you need. Only rarely does one hormone pinch hit for another.

Your labs would suggest that you may need more thyroid plus some hydrocortisone.

> >>> >> Hi, all i went to see the Dr today and she is conserned about my DHEA and she > >>> >> wants be to try cortisol said my thyroid look ok. but i told her i wanted to > >>> >> try a little increese of thyroid med. she said ok and we can try that but if i > >> >> start to feel shakey is to call her. and she look at my vitamins and mineral > >> >> and told me that i need more b12 and that should help some with the > >> adernals.  and she wants me to try taking 7-keto dhea but i need to look on > >>the > >>> >> computer about that.  if this does not help with my dhea to lower it then > >>are > >>> >> next thing is to go on cortisol.   and i gave her my labs for this heart > >> screening that i had done at the Hospital that was free all my Glucose and > >>chol > >>> >> hdl hdl/chol and trig and ldl -cholesterol look real good.   so.  that > >>is all > >>> >> for now.  hope all are doing ok. take care.> >> > >>  > >> > >>  > >> Hi, All> >> > >> I got my lab work in . i need to get appointment set up with the Dr i will > >>call > >>> >> in the morning.> >> > >> Cortisol-Am              8.7 (6.2-19.4)> >> > >> Teatosterone,serum   32 ( 8-48)> >> > >> TSH                0.009 (0.450-4.500> >> > >> Progesterone    14.4  Post meno> >> > >> Estradiol          19 .7  > >> > >> DHEA-sulfate   287. 4   ( 35.4-256.0)    red flaged> >> > >> Triiodothyronine,free, serum     3.7  ( 2.0 - 4.4 )> >> > >> T4, free (direct)        1.06 ( 0.82-1.77)> >> > >> % free testosterone   1.83   ( 0.50-2.80) %> >> > >> testosterone, free   0.59     ( 0.10- 0.85)> >> > >> now . i feel a little tired and hir is a little dry and some hair loss not a > >> >> lot.   and at times water eyes but i think that is allerges becouse that > >>comes > >>> >> and goes. if i am reading this right i think i need for thyroid med > >>.     doe > >>> >> any one know if the t4 med torent is still on the market ? mybe i can talk to > > >> the Dr about adding some t4 with what i have. i will talk to her i hope i can > >>> >> see her next week.  Thanks all have a good day.> >>> >>

Guest guest

Ok, i am confused. i look on line and taking cortisol can increase my chances of osteoporosis and i can have muscle issues and have a moon shape face. that i don't like. so not sure what to do now.

To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups Sent: Thu, June 21, 2012 11:28:03 PMSubject: Fw: Re: went to the Dr today.

Taking the cortisol will help you tolerate the increased dose of thyroid that you need. Only rarely does one hormone pinch hit for another.

Your labs would suggest that you may need more thyroid plus some hydrocortisone.

> >>> >> Hi, all i went to see the Dr today and she is conserned about my DHEA and she > >>> >> wants be to try cortisol said my thyroid look ok. but i told her i wanted to > >>> >> try a little increese of thyroid med. she said ok and we can try that but if i > >> >> start to feel shakey is to call her. and she look at my vitamins and mineral > >> >> and told me that i need more b12 and that should help some with the > >> adernals.  and she wants me to try taking 7-keto dhea but i need to look on > >>the > >>> >> computer about that.  if this does not help with my dhea to lower

it then > >>are > >>> >> next thing is to go on cortisol.   and i gave her my labs for this heart > >> screening that i had done at the Hospital that was free all my Glucose and > >>chol > >>> >> hdl hdl/chol and trig and ldl -cholesterol look real good.   so.  that > >>is all > >>> >> for now.  hope all are doing ok. take care.> >> > >>  > >> > >>  > >> Hi, All> >> > >> I got my lab work in . i need to get appointment set up with the Dr i will > >>call > >>> >> in the morning.>

>> > >> Cortisol-Am              8.7 (6.2-19.4)> >> > >> Teatosterone,serum   32 ( 8-48)> >> > >> TSH                0.009 (0.450-4.500> >> > >> Progesterone    14.4  Post meno> >> > >> Estradiol          19

..7  > >> > >> DHEA-sulfate   287. 4   ( 35.4-256.0)    red flaged> >> > >> Triiodothyronine,free, serum     3.7  ( 2.0 - 4.4 )> >> > >> T4, free (direct)        1.06 ( 0.82-1.77)> >> > >> % free testosterone   1.83   ( 0.50-2.80) %> >> > >> testosterone, free   0.59     ( 0.10- 0.85)>

>> > >> now . i feel a little tired and hir is a little dry and some hair loss not a > >> >> lot.   and at times water eyes but i think that is allerges becouse that > >>comes > >>> >> and goes. if i am reading this right i think i need for thyroid med > >>.     doe > >>> >> any one know if the t4 med torent is still on the market ? mybe i can talk to > > >> the Dr about adding some t4 with what i have. i will talk to her i hope i can > >>> >> see her next week.  Thanks all have a good day.> >>> >>