RemedySpot.com

Re: Six flags San ..question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes, although it's been several years since we did this, we checked in at Guest Services (I think that's what it's called) to the right when you walk in the main entrance of Fiesta Texas, and they put a blue bracelet on our son. He was 6 at the time and we were told to use the bracelet to enter at the exit of the rides, and they would put him in the front of the line. There were so few rides that he wanted to ride that honored the bracelet that it wasn't that much of an advantage for us, but would be helpful for an older or more adventurous child. Anyway, hope that helps...maybe it's gotten better since then, but still nice that they do make accommodations for special needs guests. To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 1:33 PM Subject: Six flags San ..question

Does anyone know if six flags.does the same system that disneyworld does ..that you present documentation of special needs and you can get a pass to help with some of the lines...??

Thank you

T-Mobile. America’s First Nationwide 4G Network

Amy Yother wrote:

>Where did you go for these classes and was there a charge ??

>

>Thanks,

>

>

>

>

>

>Subject: RE: Stuff I learned about estate planning today

>To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy

>Date: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 9:51 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Haven:

>

>A little bit more. Some credit cards, like Discover, American Express, will actually take out insurance policies on you to pay off your account if you die. So let's say they give you 20,000 of coverage & your bill when you die is $5000, your estate would get 15,000 and if your estate isn't protected by putting the money into a trust, your kid could lose their waiver program. Also, places like AAA. I mentioned that Wells Fargo offered a 1000 policy for AD & D coverage at "no charge" to me, but never asked me to fill out beneficiary designating papers (I just assumed it would go to Jeff 100%) if it happened. That could put over the edge 1 month and he would lose everything. SCARY, isn't it? If you get traveler's insurance and your plane goes down, better be sure you designate the beneficiary specifically before you leave and make sure it is not your kid. You better be sure I'll be making a

LOT of phone calls on Monday to every

> conceivable account I have. Even account that is open still even if I don't have a charge with them. This could get complicated. A lot of homework before June 16th, the second workshop.

>

>Zip lining sounds like a LOT of fun.

>

>Hilda

>

>

>

>

>

>From: Texas-Autism-Advocacy [mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of Haven DeLay

>Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:45 PM

>To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy

>Subject: Re: Stuff I learned about estate planning today

>

>

>

>

>

>Wow! This is great advice. Thanks for sharing! I intend to take care of this this week. I actually had all this cross my mind today as my husband decided to go zip lining for the first time. So many of us get so busy and we put this important thing off. No more! Thanks!

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

thank you for answering.. I appreciate it!

>>>>Subject: RE: Stuff I learned about estate planning today>To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Date: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 9:51 PM>>>> >>>>>>Haven:> >A little bit more. Some credit cards, like Discover, American Express, will actually take out insurance policies on you to pay off your account if you die. So let's say they give you 20,000 of coverage & your bill when you die is $5000, your estate would get 15,000 and if your estate isn't protected by putting the money into a trust, your kid could lose their waiver program. Also, places

like AAA. I mentioned that Wells Fargo offered a 1000 policy for AD & D coverage at "no charge" to me, but never asked me to fill out beneficiary designating papers (I just assumed it would go to Jeff 100%) if it happened. That could put over the edge 1 month and he would lose everything. SCARY, isn't it? If you get traveler's insurance and your plane goes down, better be sure you designate the beneficiary specifically before you leave and make sure it is not your kid. You better be sure I'll be making a LOT of phone calls on Monday to every> conceivable account I have. Even account that is open still even if I don't have a charge with them. This could get complicated. A lot of homework before June 16th, the second workshop.> >Zip lining sounds like a LOT of fun. > >Hilda> > > >>>From: Texas-Autism-Advocacy [mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of Haven DeLay>Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:45 PM>To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Subject: Re: Stuff I learned about estate planning today> > >>>>Wow! This is great advice. Thanks for sharing! I

intend to take care of this this week. I actually had all this cross my mind today as my husband decided to go zip lining for the first time. So many of us get so busy and we put this important thing off. No more! Thanks! >>>>>>

Guest guest

SIx Flags now has a nationwide policy that if your child has autism, and autism is the only diagnosis this applies to, you tell them that at the hospitatilty center and you will get a pass to move quicker thorugh the lines. We have worked very hard over the years to keep this policy and it seems every few years they try to take it away. It was not available at the beginning of this season until we made contact with corporate and got it changed back so those with autism can emjoy the parks. PLease thank them when you visit the parks.

Levine

Re: Stuff I learned about estate planning today> > >>>>Wow! This is great advice. Thanks for sharing! I intend to take care of this this week. I actually had all this cross my mind today as my husband decided to go zip lining for the first time. So many of us get so busy and we put this important thing off. No more! Thanks! >>>>>>

Guest guest

That's great !I saw your post awhile back that they were not being cooperative anymore and how upset you were. I admire the moms like you who keep forging the way for all of us.Is there any one person at corporate that we can all emailand thank so they'll think twice about changing policy again? Graham-Garza,DDSlgrahamgarza@...Sent from my iPhone

SIx Flags now has a nationwide policy that if your child has autism, and autism is the only diagnosis this applies to, you tell them that at the hospitatilty center and you will get a pass to move quicker thorugh the lines. We have worked very hard over the years to keep this policy and it seems every few years they try to take it away. It was not available at the beginning of this season until we made contact with corporate and got it changed back so those with autism can emjoy the parks. PLease thank them when you visit the parks.

Levine

Re: Stuff I learned about estate planning today> > >>>>Wow! This is great advice. Thanks for sharing! I intend to take care of this this week. I actually had all this cross my mind today as my husband decided to go zip lining for the first time. So many of us get so busy and we put this important thing off. No more! Thanks! >>>>>>

Guest guest

Thank you for the information and.for helping them help our children

Graham-Garza wrote:

>That's great !

>I saw your post awhile back that they were not being cooperative anymore and

how upset you were. I admire the moms like you who keep forging the way for all

of us.

>Is there any one person at corporate that we can all email

>and thank so they'll think twice about changing policy again?

>

>

>

> Graham-Garza,DDS

>lgrahamgarza@...

>Sent from my iPhone

>

>

>

>> SIx Flags now has a nationwide policy that if your child has autism, and

autism is the only diagnosis this applies to, you tell them that at the

hospitatilty center and you will get a pass to move quicker thorugh the lines.

We have worked very hard over the years to keep this policy and it seems every

few years they try to take it away. It was not available at the beginning of

this season until we made contact with corporate and got it changed back so

those with autism can emjoy the parks. PLease thank them when you visit the

parks.

>> Levine

>> Re: Stuff I learned about estate planning

today

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >Wow! This is great advice. Thanks for sharing! I intend to take care of

this this week. I actually had all this cross my mind today as my husband

decided to go zip lining for the first time. So many of us get so busy and we

put this important thing off. No more! Thanks!

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

Guest guest

Yes thank you ! And I agree I would like to send a email to someone telling them how important it is and how much appreciated it is. What happens is that people find out about this and will actually claim to have Autism just to get through the lines quicker. Sad but true..So when the parks see that they are taken advantage of they pull back. I think it might be good to have some kind of documentation to keep it fair for everyone. 

The other thing I want to mention is that although Disney and Six Flags now have this option it does not keep the general public from being incredibly rude when they see someone going through the lines faster. I would recommend family t-shirts. My son is 17 and I still hate the stares and the nasty comments or whats worse is the look of pity. He may look odd but so did Einstein and he was pretty smart. So keep your pity and your comments to yourself and let him live his life. New shirt. 

Good luck everyone. Trina 

Thank you for the information and.for helping them help our children

Graham-Garza wrote:

>That's great !

>I saw your post awhile back that they were not being cooperative anymore and how upset you were. I admire the moms like you who keep forging the way for all of us.

>Is there any one person at corporate that we can all email

>and thank so they'll think twice about changing policy again?

>

>

>

> Graham-Garza,DDS

>lgrahamgarza@...

>Sent from my iPhone

>

>

>

>> SIx Flags now has a nationwide policy that if your child has autism, and autism is the only diagnosis this applies to, you tell them that at the hospitatilty center and you will get a pass to move quicker thorugh the lines. We have worked very hard over the years to keep this policy and it seems every few years they try to take it away. It was not available at the beginning of this season until we made contact with corporate and got it changed back so those with autism can emjoy the parks. PLease thank them when you visit the parks.

>> Levine

>> Re: Stuff I learned about estate planning today

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >Wow! This is great advice. Thanks for sharing! I intend to take care of this this week. I actually had all this cross my mind today as my husband decided to go zip lining for the first time. So many of us get so busy and we put this important thing off. No more! Thanks!

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

Guest guest

The person to thank at Six Flags is the VP.Walt Hawrylak

Address:

Walt HawrylakSix Flags Corporate Offices 924 Avenue J EastGrand Prairie, Texas 75050

A few years ago we had the same issue that those with autism had to get times to get on a ride and we worked very hard with the Six Flags Corporate office to get this changed since those with autism have a hard time waiting. All the Six Flags parks after that time had the specific autism passes. Then just this year, it was changed back due to abuse by people who do not have autism. We contacted corporate office again, this time it was all different people, and they were very attentive and within one day had the autism passes again. Of course people will abuse them again so we do need to keep thanking the corporate staff for understanding the needs of those with autism

Roller coasters is one of the very few things our son enjoys and we would not let that be taken from him. It is great how advocacy works.

PLEASE send your letters of thanks

and Steve Levine