RemedySpot.com

Re: Women's International Pharmacy Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Their hormone capsules work quite well. Ditto for their compounded thyroid. The oil facilitates absorption both for thyroid and other hormones, as all hormones are fat soluble.

You can also use them sublingually.

>> This isn't thyroid related--but is hormone related.> > I see that WIP does not use sustained release capsules. Only instant release/regular capsules. I just went on Bioidentical Hormone replacement and my doc wrote the script for bi-est and progesterone pills in Sustained Release capsules. WIP said they don't see a difference in the two types, since the liver destroys much of the medicine and both types of capsules release before the liver. > > So my questoin is for those of you using WIP, are your hormone pills from them working well for you? WIP is much cheaper for me than my local compounding pharmancy, but I want to use the pills that work.> > Thanks.> > Susie>

Guest guest

In my case, the additive that made some of drugs sustained release made

me sicker.

Marti

>

> This isn't thyroid related--but is hormone related.

>

> I see that WIP does not use sustained release capsules. Only instant

> release/regular capsules. I just went on Bioidentical Hormone

> replacement and my doc wrote the script for bi-est and progesterone

> pills in Sustained Release capsules. WIP said they don't see a

> difference in the two types, since the liver destroys much of the

> medicine and both types of capsules release before the liver.

>

> So my questoin is for those of you using WIP, are your hormone pills

> from them working well for you? WIP is much cheaper for me than my

> local compounding pharmancy, but I want to use the pills that work.

>

> Thanks.

>

> Susie

>

>

Guest guest

I am in pain again after the uterine biopsy.

The surgeon called me and told me my diagnosis: well-differentiated uterine cancer. It is considered to be treatable. I see the oncologist on Monday and will get my treatment plan. I do not yet know if I will have to get biopsies on the lung and liver nodules or if I will need a hysterectomy.

> > >> > > This isn't thyroid related--but is hormone related.> > >> > > I see that WIP does not use sustained release capsules. Only instant > > release/regular capsules. I just went on Bioidentical Hormone > > replacement and my doc wrote the script for bi-est and progesterone > > pills in Sustained Release capsules. WIP said they don't see a > > difference in the two types, since the liver destroys much of the > > medicine and both types of capsules release before the liver.> > >> > > So my questoin is for those of you using WIP, are your hormone pills > > from them working well for you? WIP is much cheaper for me than my > > local compounding pharmancy, but I want to use the pills that work.> > >> > > Thanks.> > >> > > Susie> > >> >> >>

Guest guest

I take my thyroid with food, including fat. The main thing is to do it consistently, so your doc can adjust your dose accordingly.

If your doc is one who underdoses, then it might be a good idea to take on an empty stomach.

If you have tolerance issues, then it may be better to take with food, and or divide into multiple doses.

I take my natural thyroid and synthetics divided into two equal doses twelve hours apart with food. If I have to take them on an empty stomach occasionally, then I cut the dose in half.

My levels are consistently good. I have been on this protocol since 2006.

But as my former (great) doc says, "The most important thing is just to take your thyroid meds."

> >> > This isn't thyroid related--but is hormone related.> > > > I see that WIP does not use sustained release capsules. Only instant> release/regular capsules. I just went on Bioidentical Hormone replacement> and my doc wrote the script for bi-est and progesterone pills in Sustained> Release capsules. WIP said they don't see a difference in the two types,> since the liver destroys much of the medicine and both types of capsules> release before the liver. > > > > So my questoin is for those of you using WIP, are your hormone pills from> them working well for you? WIP is much cheaper for me than my local> compounding pharmancy, but I want to use the pills that work.> > > > Thanks.> > > > Susie> >>