RemedySpot.com

suggestion for behavior

Rate this topic

Guest guest

you may want to try this. I have taken a dice with me and placed it on the table next to me. We have a code. If his behavior is fine, it stays at a 1. He begins to dominate a conversation or something, it goes to a 2 and continue to go up. You can use this for many things. How loud their voice is in public or a gathering, if they get nervous and do a behavior they shouldnt do in public, argue etc. ...it keeps the "nagging" to a minimum. You can also used a colored cube. We have one that has blue, yellow, whatever you want. Decide what each means...we deicded blue is cool and things are fine.....yellow is a warning, orange is a sharper warning, red is the "zone"...you choose the colors, the meanings but you must agree on them..... Good luck.

Dora

To: "Texas-Autism-Advocacy " <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Sent: Sun, February 19, 2012 11:11:16 AMSubject: my son

My son is almost 19 and still has a problem and maybe some of you can give me suggestions on how we can handle this situation.

When he does something wrong, even if it is something small and we address the issuer, he goes into what I call fight or flight mode and gets disrespectful and argues to us about this situation, when we are only trying to point out his error and explain to him he had a thinking error. But it seems like he is challenging us and it is getting to the point that it is interfering with all of our happiness. We have been trying to help him but can't stand the fights that happen when we try to help correct him.

What can we do?? Please help

Thanks,

Sheryl

Very clever! Thanks! To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:02 PM Subject: suggestion for behavior

you may want to try this. I have taken a dice with me and placed it on the table next to me. We have a code. If his behavior is fine, it stays at a 1. He begins to dominate a conversation or something, it goes to a 2 and continue to go up. You can use this for many things. How loud their voice is in public or a gathering, if they get nervous and do a behavior they shouldnt do in public, argue etc. ...it keeps the "nagging" to a minimum. You can also used a colored cube. We have one that has blue, yellow, whatever you want. Decide what each means...we deicded blue is cool and things are fine.....yellow is a warning, orange is a sharper warning, red is the "zone"...you choose the colors, the meanings but you must agree on them..... Good luck.

Dora

To: "Texas-Autism-Advocacy " <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Sent: Sun, February 19, 2012 11:11:16 AMSubject: my son

My son is almost 19 and still has a problem and maybe some of you can give me suggestions on how we can handle this situation.

When he does something wrong, even if it is something small and we address the issuer, he goes into what I call fight or flight mode and gets disrespectful and argues to us about this situation, when we are only trying to point out his error and explain to him he had a thinking error. But it seems like he is challenging us and it is getting to the point that it is interfering with all of our happiness. We have been trying to help him but can't stand the fights that happen when we try to help correct him.

Thanks,

Sheryl

Does sound great!! To: "Texas-Autism-Advocacy " <Texas-Autism-Advocacy > Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:25 PM Subject: Re: suggestion for behavior

Very clever! Thanks! To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:02 PM Subject: suggestion for behavior

Dora

Thanks,

Sheryl