RemedySpot.com

wonderful doctor for tyroid, ferritin and adrenals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all, I haven't posted in a long time because everything is going great. I wanted to share my doctor info. Her name is Dr. Kyla Helm MD with Balanced Healthcare. She believes in natural and regular meds. She treats tyroid with symptoms, T3T4, usues Armor or bioidentical hormones.(she will test for tsh BUT doens't give it much thought, more on other numbers and symptoms, same with synthroid, will use if you askk for it but doesn't like it) She also does adrenal fatique tests and totally believes in Ferritin levels. She also tests for food allergies, heavy metals, vitamin deficiencies and other things that could be causeing issues. I"m a bit strange, tsh is normal, T3 low, but very symptomatic. we found out I have a very low ferritn ( 4), low vit. D, adrenals and food

allergies. Unforuntely after treating all of the above for months, I was still not absorbing most of my nutrition and had swelling of the GI system. we then found out I still have epstein barr virus strongly in my system, eventhough I had mono as a teen and am now 46, so I'm being treated for that (and actually feeling better) and doing IV nutrition. SHe's really really good at finding things, even strange things. My 17 year old daughter is so strange that the endo's had given up. she has polycystic overian disease, insulin resistance that is very strange (when she fasts her blood sugar is High, insulin normal-when she eats, blood sugar normal, insulin off the charts high), major food allergies, immune problems, weight gain, low T3, low ferritin, low vit. D, magnisium, bs, coqu10, zinc, super high IGG...the list goes on. we tried everything natural, she hasn't touched her food allergies foods in 4 years

and was still sick and tired all the time. they've done MRI's, cat scans, ultra sounds and so much blood work it's not funny. Dr. Helm also tried lots of stuff. CAsey is finally doing better and loosing weight with massive vitimans, Armor, Metformin(diabetic drug), IV nutrition and IgG suppliments. SHe was so frustrated with everything because she eats nothing but fruits and veggies and nuts, with occational rice or buckwheat, is a black belt and works out constantly and is a swimmer and was still gainig weight and living on antibiodics. Finally we are seeing some results. I told you all of this becuase she's willing to keep digging to find an answer.I can't recommend her and her staff enough. they are wonderful. she doesn't take insurence but she spends an hour with you when you go in and lots of outside time researching what could be going on. they do labs there or you can send those out (labs

DO insurences even there). I send my stuff out to my insurece as out of network and get a bit back. she's soooo worth it!!! here's the info.Balanced Healthcare Dr. Kyla Helm, MD 310007 IH-10 west, ste 115, boerne, TX 78006 ( 15 miles north of San ) bhcnow@... Birkes