RemedySpot.com

Re: blood from sinuses

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was dx'd with bronc 6 years ago and have had 3 pneumonias since then. I've been doing Ok lately, mucus only about once or twice a week, but just had a real scare of coughing up lots of bright red blood. I am sure it came from my sinuses because I could feel it going down my throat. It only came out my nose after I blew it. Have any of you had this happen? Are sinus problems also related to bronc? I am having a scope into my sinuses this week, but they did this last year and didn't find anything. It has also been 3 weeks since this bleeding happened so I'm not sure they are going to see anything. Thanks for the info. /Debbie in California

I will say this..and I will not under estimate any bleeding ..from anywhere..ever..that's just too risky..

However..dont sweat it yet..most likely the bleeding came from dried out nasal passages..

Have you ever used a saline mist nasal spray? The great thing about saline is ..it's non addictive nor habit forming since it's non chemical and purely natural sea salt water..you can use it as often as you need to..

It's great for keeping nasal passages moist and clean..clearing out all those nasty bacterias that congregate up in those dark nasal passages, eliminating further sinus infections.

Saline nasal mist spray can be found OTC right next to those more habit forming nasal sprays in your pharmacy..and it's quite inexpensive.

Good luck

Sandie

Never Look Down on SomeoneUnless You're Willing to Help Them UpStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Debbie,

I have read that sinusitis is related to bronch. I have had numerous sinus infections over the years and also bad post nasal drip. It is all hard on the bronchial system. Another problem can be GERD. Docs have given me proton pump meds over the years, but I have not used them long term because I rarely have heartburn. But I recently learned my esophagus is very dilated and has no motility or peristalsis to move the food into the stomach. So now I do take the proton pump med. I also use Spireva, an inhaled capsule, which I feel has been helpful. Other than that, a calcium channel blocker prescribed by a cardiologist when it was thought I had pulmonary hypertension, a serious side effect of bronch. Fortunately I don't, but I had to have a heart catharization to find that out. Hopefully the calcium channel blocker will prevent heart failure, which is another lovely side effect of bronch.

On the good side, I am finally coming to grips with fatigue and lack of energy, but setting reasonable goals every day to do what I can and resting when I need to. My family is supportive, and while I am comfortable with the illness, do NOT want to live this for too many more years. I am 71 and have a great faith that my life has been worthwhile and that the next life will be even better.

Best wishes,

Marilyn in St. Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Hello Debbie,

Yes, have had the lots bright blood, but was from lungs. And yes, seems there’s a connection between sinusitis, rhinitis and bronchiectasis (among others). Check out the website below for an article called “How to treat bronchiectasis” - most informative I’ve yet seen. If you can’t access it let me know, I can send as pdf attachment

www.australiandoctor.com.au/ htt/pdf/AD_HTT_031_038___MAY20_05.pdf

Also www.pinkdisease.org - then select bronchiectasis from L sidebar, there’s good info on it, but you may already know anyway...

There seem to be lots of related conditions, mostly unrecognised... Hence bronch is referred to as the ‘orphan disease’,

Good luck

--

Joy

Qld, Australia

-- --

" Wealth is nothing, position is nothing, fame is nothing.

Who you become inside is everything.

What happens to you is not as important as how you react to what happens. "

I am 66 and only looking for 30 more great

years. We can do it!

From: bronchiectasis [mailto:bronchiectasis ] On Behalf Of Mmanow1@...

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008

12:16 PM

To: bronchiectasis

Subject: Re:

blood from sinuses

Debbie,

I have read that sinusitis is related to

bronch. I have had numerous sinus infections over the years and also bad

post nasal drip. It is all hard on the bronchial system. Another

problem can be GERD. Docs have given me proton pump meds over the years,

but I have not used them long term because I rarely have heartburn. But I

recently learned my esophagus is very dilated and has no motility or

peristalsis to move the food into the stomach. So now I do take the

proton pump med. I also use Spireva, an inhaled capsule, which I feel has

been helpful. Other than that, a calcium channel blocker prescribed by a

cardiologist when it was thought I had pulmonary hypertension, a serious side

effect of bronch. Fortunately I don't, but I had to have a heart

catharization to find that out. Hopefully the calcium channel blocker

will prevent heart failure, which is another lovely side effect of bronch.

On the good side, I am finally coming to

grips with fatigue and lack of energy, but setting reasonable goals every day

to do what I can and resting when I need to. My family is supportive, and

while I am comfortable with the illness, do NOT want to live this for too many

more years. I am 71 and have a great faith that my life has been

worthwhile and that the next life will be even better.

Best wishes,

Marilyn in St.

Start the year off right. Easy

ways to stay in shape in the new year.