RemedySpot.com

Supervision/Training-Integrated Arts Therapy in Park Slope, Tuesday Evenings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Supervision/Training Group:

Integrated Arts

Psychotherapy

In addition to the current Thursday evening group, I will be starting a new Tuesday group for professionals who want to learn to use a multimodal approach to treatment. Special concentration will be on the methods of interweaving verbal and nonverbal expression (dance, movement, art, drama, music) in treatment.We will also address psychodynamic psychotherapy concepts, diagnosis, and the clinical skills necessary for maintaining a private practice, as well as issues mutually agreed upon within the group. Members can receive clinical help by bringing in case material. Projective methods, case presentations and theory will be taught.While some of our work will be geared toward private practice, you do not have to be in private practice to benefit from the experience.

IMPORTANT:

If you are interested, please call me at or email me at

franjlevyyahoo (DOT) com.My goal is to provide a supportive environment in which participants can feel free to openly share their thoughts and feelings while the group is learning and growing together.There will be an informal interview prior to joining the group in order to insure that the group will meet individual needs. Please note, there is a Thursday group that just finished one year of training and will continue this Fall. I will know by early July if I have any space available in that group. (now full but spaces do open up)

I look forward to talking with you!

Fran J. Levy, Ed.D., L.C.S.W., BCDMTPractitioner/Teacher/Author:

Dance/Movement Therapy: A healing art (AAHPERD, 1988 and revised 2005 ;Text Book)Editor/Author: Dance and Other Expressive Arts Therapies: When words are not enough (Routledge, 1995; Text Book)

National and International Presenter

Doctorate in the Integration of the Arts in Psychotherapy