RemedySpot.com

Re: what can it be?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It could be thyroid related.

I am OK, not great. This chemo is much more difficult for me than the last one.

>> I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in there and doing > well. i am wondering why that every time i get to moving things around or > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a thyroid > thing? Thanks. Jan how are you doing today? >

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time Jan. could you do something else then the chemo? i would like to send a get well card or something, but i know you can't give out personal info. well , you take it easy OK, rest when you can. you will beat this . a rose to bright in your day.

To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups Sent: Sun, August 12, 2012 8:22:38 PMSubject: Re: what can it be?

It could be thyroid related.

I am OK, not great. This chemo is much more difficult for me than the last one.

>> I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in there and doing > well. i am wondering why that every time i get to moving things around or > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a thyroid > thing? Thanks. Jan how are you doing today? >

If you’re receiving one of the platinum-based chemos or paclitaxel, you might consider acetyl-l-carnitine to prevent neuropathy. The dose that’s being used in a current study (for breast cancer patients) is 3 grams/day. I used (and continue to use) 2 grams/day, and I never felt a single tingle. Just be sure not to take any fish oil if you’re getting the platinum-based drugs because it appears to render them useless. If they’re giving you doxorubicin…hang in there. I had some trouble with mucositis until I added chlorhexidine to the pink mouth rinse, but I’ve since learned that topical application of glutamine might have been a better choice. From: Texas_Thyroid_Groups [mailto:Texas_Thyroid_Groups ] On Behalf Of texasthyroidSent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 21:23To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups Subject: Re: what can it be? It could be thyroid related.I am OK, not great. This chemo is much more difficult for me than the last one.>> I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in there and doing > well. i am wondering why that every time i get to moving things around or > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a thyroid > thing? Thanks. Jan how are you doing today? >

The chemo is carboplatin and paclitaxel. I have no new neuropathy. My big problem is hideous, bone crunching joint pain for six days after chemo. The hydrocodone does not touch it. What I discovered that does help is the dexamethasone. OncoChick prescribed a little extra of that, but did not tell me how she wanted me to use it. I experimented with it on the fourth day and got relief quickly. I am meeting with the PA tomorrow and hope to get the prescription that I need to get me through the rest of chemo.

> >> > I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in there and doing > > well. i am wondering why that every time i get to moving things around> or > > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a> thyroid > > thing? Thanks. Jan how are you doing today? > >>

Because the cancer has metastasized to my lungs and liver, chemo is the first thing we have to do. At three months out we will decide whether or not a hysterectomy would be helpful. In any case, this cancer is considered "treatable, but not curable".

Thank you for your concern, and thank you for the rose.

> >> > I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in there and doing > > well.   i am wondering why that every time i get to moving things around or > > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a thyroid > > thing?   Thanks.  Jan how are you doing today?   > >>

Jan, have you considered Low Dose Naltrexone for the cancer?

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

I plan on using it for my Hashimoto's. Not only has it had great results for

those with auto-immune disease, but also for cancer. It works by modulating the

immune system, and working with the body's endorphins.

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis.

> > >

> > > I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in thereÂ

> and doing

> > > well.   i am wondering why that every time i get toÂ

> moving things around or

> > > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a

> thyroid

> > > thing?   Thanks.  Jan how are you doing

> today?  Â

> > >

> >

>

There are quite a few people that rave about LDN, but about 15% of the people

that try it have poor results. One of the key actions of the Naltrexone is to

suppress the production of serotonin during the nighttime with the theory being

that the body will increase production during the day. Increased serotonin is

known to decrease pain and increase overall sense of well being. However, I

could not tolerate the suppression of serotonin at night. The majority of

serotonin is produced in the gut and I had severe gut pain at night (gut issues

are one sign of low serotonin). I tolerated that for a few nites, but overall I

felt much worse, as well. People with fungal issues seem to have the hardest

time with it.

B.

> > > >

> > > > I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in there�

> > and doing

> > > > well.� � � i am wondering why that every time i get to�

> > moving things around or

> > > > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a

> > thyroid

> > > > thing?� � � Thanks.� � Jan how are you doing

> > today?� � �

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

For Neulasta- and Neupogen-induced bone pain, Claritin helps (a lot). I don’t know if has any effect otherwise, but it probably wouldn’t hurt to try. I had paclitaxel but not carboplatin, so I wasn’t supplementing for that set of side effects. I have heard the glutamine folks rave about how much it helps for a wide variety of ills, including joint pain. (It’s also good for mouth sores when applied topically.) Someone also suggested Lyrica might work for the joint pain. The only caution about dexamethasone is that it’s linked to post-chemo cognitive deficits. (I had a lot of it because of an unfortunate initial reaction to paclitaxel.) I hope that with the dex, your body adjusts to the treatment and that you’re comfortable and able to do the things you want to do. I’ll be thinking good thoughts your way for a complete pathologic response. From: Texas_Thyroid_Groups [mailto:Texas_Thyroid_Groups ] On Behalf Of texasthyroidSent: Monday, August 13, 2012 1:35To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups Subject: Re: what can it be? The chemo is carboplatin and paclitaxel. I have no new neuropathy. My big problem is hideous, bone crunching joint pain for six days after chemo. The hydrocodone does not touch it. What I discovered that does help is the dexamethasone. OncoChick prescribed a little extra of that, but did not tell me how she wanted me to use it. I experimented with it on the fourth day and got relief quickly. I am meeting with the PA tomorrow and hope to get the prescription that I need to get me through the rest of chemo.> >> > I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in there and doing > > well. i am wondering why that every time i get to moving things around> or > > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a> thyroid > > thing? Thanks. Jan how are you doing today? > >>

I was supposed to have been taking the dexamethasone for the two days after chemo, but OncoChick failed to tell me that in a timely fashion.

I tolerate steroids well. With my previous chemo, I took 100 mg of prednisone for five days starting with chemo day. i had no problems with the steroid and none from the chemo, except that my coffee tasted like $#!+. . . . .

> > >> > > I first would like to say that i hope everyone is hang in there and> doing > > > well. i am wondering why that every time i get to moving things around> > or > > > doing more physical things my fingers and feet feel stiff is this a> > thyroid > > > thing? Thanks. Jan how are you doing today? > > >> >>