RemedySpot.com

Resources for 5 Year Old Who Witnessed Violent Death

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,I'm looking for resources for a five year old girl who witnessed the violent death of her grandmother in November. Preferably in Brownsville, but definitely in Brooklyn. The family does not have insurance. I'm looking into Safe Horizon and welcome any suggestions or thoughts. Please email me directly.

Many thanks,Kate Lucas-Falk, LCAT

Was there a criminal act involved? Perhaps the crime victims board would be a resource as wellshariSubject: Resources for 5 Year Old Who Witnessed Violent DeathTo: NYCCAT Date: Monday, February 27, 2012, 1:02 PM

Hello,I'm looking for resources for a five year old girl who witnessed the violent death of her grandmother in November. Preferably in Brownsville, but definitely in Brooklyn. The family does not have insurance. I'm looking into Safe Horizon and welcome any suggestions or thoughts. Please email me directly.

You can call lifenet (I'm not sure the number but you can google it). Lifenet would be able to give you referrals for appropriate services. Sent from my iPhone

Was there a criminal act involved? Perhaps the crime victims board would be a resource as wellshariSubject: Resources for 5 Year Old Who Witnessed Violent DeathTo: NYCCAT Date: Monday, February 27, 2012, 1:02 PM

Hi Kate,

She is eligible for free counseling through the crime victims board. Applications and info here:

http://www.ovs.ny.gov/home.aspx

The National Hotline can help with finding the right therapist/counselor in your area:

http://www.thehotline.org/

Michele Amendolari MA, ATR-BC, LCAT

To: NYCCAT Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 1:02 PMSubject: Resources for 5 Year Old Who Witnessed Violent Death

Hello,I'm looking for resources for a five year old girl who witnessed the violent death of her grandmother in November. Preferably in Brownsville, but definitely in Brooklyn. The family does not have insurance. I'm looking into Safe Horizon and welcome any suggestions or thoughts. Please email me directly. Many thanks,Kate Lucas-Falk, LCAT