RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: vaccinations and autism experts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It sounds like we would! I'm going to have to research the Body Ecology Diet! I look forward to chatting more about Montessori and autism!!!Thanks,

Well geez we’d have a darn good school between the two of us! At some point my kids will go to another school. For now I’m trained and this is a good fit/foundation for them. Glad to hear that your daughter is doing so well. I don’t like PPCD, but I also don’t believe there is only one way. All kids and families have different needs. You are wise to do what is best for all involved.

I never believed that I wanted my son to go as far as he could within autism. I wanted him to be typical. I think your intention is really important in the end result. I think that many decide that their child can’t do it. There is a level of acceptance that is important with autism. But acceptance for where they are, doesn’t mean acceptance that they will stay. I had a balance of accepting and understanding where my son was, while also believing he’d go all the way. I guess since I experienced my son being typical as a baby I just wanted that back. I didn’t believe it was lifelong.

Son-Rise is big into this type of thinking/belief etc..... We ran a Son-Rise program, but I was a “belief” type of girl before I ever learned of this therapy approach. I knew right from the beginning that we’d be a family that would make it. I decided that.

Since autism involves improper immune function dietary changes must go deeper than GFCF. It’s important to understand diet as a tool for proper immune function. Take away foods that feed infections (since the immune system isn’t functioning properly) and add foods that stimulate immune function. I’m no expert....but I stuck with this line of thinking. I may not be an immune expert....but I was a dietary expert and a true expert in getting my children to do this diet. Body Ecology Diet is a crazy amt of work. At one point I had my son on coconut oil, cultured vegetables, Natto, raw yolks etc....... Not fun with a toddler while the rest of the world eats goldfish or french toast sticks.

With autism, I have found that many kids are on diets, but that these GFCF diets are still just replicating the standard american diet. There are so many processed GF cookies, chicken nuggets, waffles etc.....out there. For my son anyway, he was just addicted to these new favorites. I didn’t believe the idea was to mimic what Americans are eating. I believed the idea was to change their inner ecosystem. Get the GI repopulated with good flora