RemedySpot.com

Texans: Advocacy [1 Attachment]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Forwarding as is-RE:

[Attachment(s) from Debby Valdez included below]

Sharing this with you all so that you can begin to help in our efforts of grassroots advocacy.  Also please go to www.mmmtx.org website to learn more about what we are up against this next legislative session.

Thanks  

Debby L. Salinas ValdezDisability Rights Advocate- State of Tx

Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:25 PMTo: dvaldez008@...Subject: Advocacy

Hi Debby,  There’s a My Medicaid Matters Educational Campaign going on state-wide and The Arc is looking for some folks in San and other areas of Texas to meet with their local representatives this fall for 5 or 6 visits.  We’re looking for folks that have a touching story to share. Maybe you or a family member has been and remains on a Medicaid waiver waitlist for years, or has just now beginning to receive services, has suffered financial troubles from not receiving Medicaid Waiver services, this list can go on.   I’ve attached a document that we like to give people to help shape stories.

Here’s the link for My Medicaid Matters Education Campaign http://www.thearcoftexas.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ARCTX_mymedicaidmatterstx

If you’re interested in sharing your story I’d love to hear it.  You can either email me or call me at the number provided below.  If you’re interested in sharing your story with your local representative also let me know and we can help in getting your word out as it’s going to be much needed this legislative session and interim.

Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks,

Kari   

Kari Brock, MPH, Advocacy Coordinator

The Arc of Texas            8001 Centre Park Drive, Suite 100

Austin, TX 78754            Phone: , ext 7760 | Toll free:

Fax:

Email:  kbrock@...            www.thearcoftexas.org

Follow us online at:   

Please make a secure, online contribution at www.thearcoftexas.org to help us continue our mission of creating opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to be included in their communities and make the choices which affect their lives.

Thank you for supporting the work of The Arc of Texas. Electronic Privacy Notice: This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Attachment(s) from Debby Valdez

1 of 1 File(s)

Telling Your Story.docx