RemedySpot.com

Re: service dog trainer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all- I'm researching the archives about service dogs. I'd appreciate personal

input from anyone who has experienced anything on this topic from getting a dog

to research.

My son has been writing asking for a dog for a few months now. He is blind

(visually impaired) so a service dog would be the best as far as having a dog

actually attending to him since locating the dog would be difficult for him. He

doesn't qualify for a seeing eye dog because he can't work a dog as much as they

need to be worked. Plus you have to know where you are going to guide the dog.

We just want a dog that will go to him and be with him, as well as maybe helping

with a few minor things.

Thanks for any and all input! If you prefer to email me privately my email is:

mamapudd@...

Lynn

> > >

> > > Hi everyone-

> > > I know this has been touched on before.....I would like to find

> a

> > dog

> > > trainer in the Houston area capable of training my 9 month old

> > German

> > > Shepard to work as a service dog for my 5 year old ASD

> daughter.

> > I

> > > have heard of organizations out of the state but was hoping to

> > find

> > > someone in state at least. Ruby (my dog) is very smart and

> > already

> > > has a pretty good relationship with my daughter but I would like

> > to

> > > teach her to stay on top of Caroline even more than she does

> now.

> > Any

> > > advice?? Thanks.............

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Texas Autism Advocacy

> > www.TexasAutismAdvocacy.org

> >

> > Texas Disability Network

> > Calendar of Events

> > www.TexasAutismAdvocacy.org

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

I received this last week from Generation Rescue regarding Dogs for the Deaf, Inc, who have a special autism assistance dog program. I am seriously considering this route. Very reasonable costs and I would just love to have a dog like Sadie (pictured at bottom).

Link from Generation Rescue: http://www.generationrescue.org/latest-news/resources/bring-home-an-autism-assistance-dog/

Direct link to Dogs for the Deaf, Inc: http://www.dogsforthedeaf.org/autism-assistance-dogs

-Sandy

To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:59 AMSubject: Re: service dog trainer

Hi all- I'm researching the archives about service dogs. I'd appreciate personal input from anyone who has experienced anything on this topic from getting a dog to research. My son has been writing asking for a dog for a few months now. He is blind (visually impaired) so a service dog would be the best as far as having a dog actually attending to him since locating the dog would be difficult for him. He doesn't qualify for a seeing eye dog because he can't work a dog as much as they need to be worked. Plus you have to know where you are going to guide the dog. We just want a dog that will go to him and be with him, as well as maybe helping with a few minor things.Thanks for any and all input! If you prefer to email me privately my email is:mamapudd@... Lynn> > >> > > Hi everyone-> > > I know this has been touched on before.....I would like to find > a > > dog > > > trainer in the Houston area capable of training my 9 month old > > German > > > Shepard to work as a service dog for my 5 year old ASD > daughter. > > I > > > have heard of organizations out of the state but was hoping to > > find > > > someone in state at least. Ruby (my dog) is

very smart and > > already > > > has a pretty good relationship with my daughter but I would like > > to > > > teach her to stay on top of Caroline even more than she does > now. > > Any > > > advice?? Thanks.............> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Texas Autism Advocacy> > www.TexasAutismAdvocacy.org> > > > Texas Disability Network > > Calendar of Events> > www.TexasAutismAdvocacy.org > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Thanks! I will check it out. My son is all smiles since I told him I was researching dogs. I hadn't even thought to look at GR! Lynn

I received this last week from Generation Rescue regarding Dogs for the Deaf, Inc, who have a special autism assistance dog program. I am seriously considering this route.  Very reasonable costs and I would just love to have a dog like Sadie (pictured at bottom). 

Link from Generation Rescue:  http://www.generationrescue.org/latest-news/resources/bring-home-an-autism-assistance-dog/

Direct link to Dogs for the Deaf, Inc: http://www.dogsforthedeaf.org/autism-assistance-dogs

-Sandy

To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:59 AM

Subject: Re: service dog trainer

Hi all- I'm researching the archives about service dogs. I'd appreciate personal input from anyone who has experienced anything on this topic from getting a dog to research. My son has been writing asking for a dog for a few months now. He is blind (visually impaired) so a service dog would be the best as far as having a dog actually attending to him since locating the dog would be difficult for him. He doesn't qualify for a seeing eye dog because he can't work a dog as much as they need to be worked. Plus you have to know where you are going to guide the dog. We just want a dog that will go to him and be with him, as well as maybe helping with a few minor things.

Thanks for any and all input! If you prefer to email me privately my email is:mamapudd@... Lynn> > >> > > Hi everyone-> > > I know this has been touched on before.....I would like to find > a > > dog > > > trainer in the Houston area capable of training my 9 month old

> > German > > > Shepard to work as a service dog for my 5 year old ASD > daughter. > > I > > > have heard of organizations out of the state but was hoping to > > find

> > > someone in state at least. Ruby (my dog) is

very smart and > > already > > > has a pretty good relationship with my daughter but I would like > > to > > > teach her to stay on top of Caroline even more than she does

> now. > > Any > > > advice?? Thanks.............> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Texas Autism Advocacy

> > www.TexasAutismAdvocacy.org> > > > Texas Disability Network > > Calendar of Events> > www.TexasAutismAdvocacy.org

> > > > > > > >