RemedySpot.com

This was our Transition to High School IEP meeting. Looks too vague doesn't it? What can I do to make it better?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I had to work hard to get this for , and I know they are going to water this down as they have done to everything else the last 8 years.We live in Arkansas. His class placement is Community Based Instruction (CBI) yet they informed me that they don't take students to a work place off campus toget job skills. They said they won't pay for a Recreational and Leisure Therapy Eval, but if I can pay for it or find funding for it they will impliment it.I did find funding. Eval starts this Friday. The sped director told me the speech path and OT were implimenting rec therapy in their sessions with and they both confirmed itverbally at the meeting a few weeks ago, but when I emailed the speech path 3 times asking for details about how she accomplishes thisin his speech sessions I never got a reply. A private speech therapist told me it is illegal for a speech therapist to impliment Rec Therapy.It would be Medicaid fraud. So, I am assuming that is also true for the school speech path and that is why she isn't responding to me. is 14 years old and will be in 9th grade in the fall. Turns 15 in November. Here is what Form #400 (ADE SPED Required Form - July 2008) says: Transition Goals and Services Child's Postsecondary Goals was given the Picture Interest Career Survey on 02-02-12 by his teacher, Ms. M. Ms. M prompted to select from 3 given pictures by pointing to what he liked best. 's Occupational PICS Code was RSCAIE(Realist, Social, Conventional, Artistic, Investigative, and Enterprising). Also with Ms. M's assistance, completedthe Ansell Casey Life Skills Assessment (Youth 3) on 02-03-12. scored a raw score of 52% on Communication, 67% on Daily Living, 33% on Housing and Money Management, 53% on Self Care, 76% on Social Relationships, and 75% on Work and Study Skills. attended his IEP meeting and participated inthe development of his plan. Goals For Employment and Education are REQUIRED, list goals for Independent LivingSkills as appropriate. 1. Postsecondary Career/Employment Goal(s): As an adult, what kind of work do you want to do/will you do? When asked if wanted to work when he got older, he said, "Work." When asked what would like to do as work, he said, " work."(1.) After graduation from B. High School, will work with agriculture in the community.(2.) will work at least 5 days a week for a minimum of six hours daily. 2. Postsecondary Education/Training Goal(s): After High School, what additional educational and training will ou want/need to receive? (1.) will need to receive on the job training by his employer in his assigned job duties and tasks. 3. Postsecondary Independent Living Skills/Community Participation Goal(s): As an adult, how and where do you want to/will you live and what skills will you need to live as independently as possible? When asked if wanted to live with his mother or by himself, said, "Mom."(1.) will continue to live at home with mother will supports from outside agencies The IEP team will meet again prior to graduation to see where intends to live after graduation. List age appropriate transition assessments used indetermining postsecondry goals:02-02-12: Picture Interest Career Survey02-03-12: Ansell Casey Life Skills Assessment (Youth 3)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The next page is Form #401 Transition Services Transition Activities/Services Responsibile Person/Party Semester to be implemented Status: 1: New, 2: Continue, 3: Completed Career/Employment ActivitiesInvestigate Jobs in the field of agriculture SPED Teacher/Student Fall 12 - Spring 13 1Continue to work on oral communication skills Speech path/Student Fall 12 - Spring 13 1 Secondary Education/Training ActivitiesLearn fundamentals of government process Civics Teacher/Student F 12 - S 13 1Learn fundamentals of basic finance skills Econ Teacher/Student F 12 - S 13 1 Independent Living Skills/Community Participation ActivitiesSpecial Olympics SPED Teacher/Student F 12 - S 13 1Continue to work on coordination and language skills in OT OT/Student F 12 - S 13 1 OtherNone listed here Was there a need to invite a community agency representative likely to provide current or future services?The school checked the NO box here. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ IEP Form #402 Courses of StudyListed recommended courses to be taken from current year to anticipated exit year. Include those courses needed to assist the child in reaching post secondary goals. 9th grade: Vocational Community ServiceDomesticLeisureRecreationalDaily Living SkillsKeystone 10th grade: CommunityVocationalDomesticElective - 2 Metro: Culinary Arts 11th grade: CommunityVocationalDomesticElective - 2 Metro: Culinary Arts 12th grade: CommuntiyVocationalDomestic Elective - 2 Metro: Culinary Arts Ages 18-21School wouldn't list anything here because they know I want Duel Education at the local Vo-Tech College in Culinary Arts and for the first time every theysaid may not even need to go to school past age 18 because he just may have learned all that he could learn. Before they knew I wanted Duel Ed.they wanted him through age 21. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------