RemedySpot.com

Re: SSA won't furnish document - anyone had this problem?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

go to the bank and ask the bank a new accounts rep should be able to set that up for you...my son is 10 and that is how i did his...good luckSubject: SSA won't furnish document - anyone had this problem?To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Date: Monday, July 9, 2012, 11:24 AM

My daughter, 21, was recently approved for SSI/Medicaid. So far I can't do anything with the checks, though, because they haven't sent me the letter the bank needs to set up an account (the one beginning with "We have chosen you to be so-and-so's representative payee." I've received an info/instructional packet addressed to me, with the payee booklet, and my daughter has received a packet addressed to her (with a different booklet), but not the official letter. I have a feeling I should have received that during our appointment, when we were approved.

I've called (no answer) and sent a certified letter with no luck. I guess I'll have to go over there again and sit and hope they'll give me the letter on the spot. But I was wondering, has anyone else had this particular experience?

l.ruede@...

Guest guest

Would a congress person be able to help with this?

My daughter, 21, was recently approved for SSI/Medicaid. So far I can't do anything with the checks, though, because they haven't sent me the letter the bank needs to set up an account (the one beginning with " We have chosen you to be so-and-so's representative payee. " I've received an info/instructional packet addressed to me, with the payee booklet, and my daughter has received a packet addressed to her (with a different booklet), but not the official letter. I have a feeling I should have received that during our appointment, when we were approved.

I've called (no answer) and sent a certified letter with no luck. I guess I'll have to go over there again and sit and hope they'll give me the letter on the spot. But I was wondering, has anyone else had this particular experience?

l.ruede@...

Guest guest

I keep our Ombudsman's number handy for instances such as this. Sent from my iPhone

Would a congress person be able to help with this?

My daughter, 21, was recently approved for SSI/Medicaid. So far I can't do anything with the checks, though, because they haven't sent me the letter the bank needs to set up an account (the one beginning with "We have chosen you to be so-and-so's representative payee." I've received an info/instructional packet addressed to me, with the payee booklet, and my daughter has received a packet addressed to her (with a different booklet), but not the official letter. I have a feeling I should have received that during our appointment, when we were approved.

l.ruede@...

=

Guest guest

Thanks to all who have replied - a number of good suggestions. As to the bank,

I did go and my award letter wasn't enough - they insist on that letter worded,

" We have chosen you to be so-and-so's representative payee, " which I have never

received.

I plan on going in to the office again when I have some time off next week. If

I get the run around I will most likely file a complaint AND enlist the help of

a representative or senator. In some things, the embarrassment factor works

where nothing else does.

l.ruede@...

>

>

> Subject: SSA won't furnish document - anyone had this

problem?

> To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy

> Date: Monday, July 9, 2012, 11:24 AM

> My daughter, 21, was recently approved for SSI/Medicaid. So far I can't

do anything with the checks, though, because they haven't sent me the letter the

bank needs to set up an account (the one beginning with " We have chosen you to

be so-and-so's representative payee. " I've received an info/instructional

packet addressed to me, with the payee booklet, and my daughter has received a

packet addressed to her (with a different booklet), but not the official letter.

I have a feeling I should have received that during our appointment, when we

were approved.

>

> I've called (no answer) and sent a certified letter with no luck. I guess

I'll have to go over there again and sit and hope they'll give me the letter on

the spot. But I was wondering, has anyone else had this particular experience?

>

>

>

> l.ruede@...

>