RemedySpot.com

Survey Results from therapy used with 1300 children with ASD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,I wanted to share the results of this survey using iLs with 1300 kiddo's with autism. Have your heard of iLs? I used Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) with my children with ADHD, SPD and Severe Autism with great result. I was able to get my son with ADHD off 4 meds and an IEP. My son with Autism stopped covering his ears and is currently doing it in school.Check out the study below,Take care,Dear Autism Community Friends, Last week the Spiral Foundation in Boston, MA, announced completion of a survey with therapists using a sound and movement therapy with children on the autism spectrum. Dr. May Benson directed the study, which captures clinicians’ perception of the therapy’s effectiveness with over 1300 children with autism between the ages of 2 and 18. Clinicians reported that the therapy was ‘usually’ or ‘always’ effective in improving self-regulation with 87% of their autism cases. Other categories in which respondents saw improvement ‘usually’ and ‘always’ included sensory processing (90% of respondents), attention (87% of respondents), transitioning to a new activity (85% of respondents). The survey conclusion states that 97.8% of the professionals responded that they were ‘likely’ or ‘somewhat likely’ to recommend the therapy to colleagues, indicating that professionals “are overwhelmingly satisfied with the iLs program’s effectiveness with children having autism spectrum disorders.” The sound/movement therapy being surveyed was Integrated Listening Systems (iLs), based in Denver, CO. iLs trains therapists and educators in their methodology and supports the use of their patent-pending equipment. The clinicians surveyed include occupational, speech and physical therapists as well as psychologists, counselors, neurofeedback therapists and pediatricians. The iLs program is implemented by professionals in clinics and schools, as well by parents in the home. It is often used in conjunction with behavioral therapy. Additional research assessing children before and after the iLs program is currently underway and is expected to be released in July of 2012. The Spiral Foundation survey data can be viewed at www.integratedlistening.com/autism. Or, feel free to email me back and I can send you a copy of the survey. Thanks for your interest! Randall Redfield