RemedySpot.com

the-power-of-the-internet-can-bring-special-needs-families-and-service-providers-together

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Our Special Families Village

Where Special Needs Families Care and Share Together

Welcome!

Why We’re Here

FAQ

Volunteer in The Village!

Legal Info

Interviews

On A Personal Note

Village Views

Resource Guide

Contact Us

Suggestion Box

You are here: Home / Village Views / The Power of the Internet Can Bring Special Needs Families and Service Providers Together

The Power of the Internet Can Bring Special Needs Families and Service Providers Together

By 1 Comment

Several years ago as I was embarking on my journey as a Virtual Assistant for Internet Marketers, was working with a Behavioral Therapist on social skills.

I remember a conversation with the therapist when she lamented that her client load was being reduced due to budget cuts but that even when she carried a full client load there were only so many clients she could see in a day. She wanted to be able to help more Special Needs Kids.

When the sessions first started, ’s therapist said that she had several basic programs that she used as foundations and then adapted as needed. She worked with , and with me so that I could continue working with every day. I had a binder of information to refer to later but it was often difficult to remember just how we had used the techniques during sessions.

At the time I was taking courses on video marketing and creating online learning environments. I thought it would be a great idea to create video tutorials. They would be a great way to reinforce what we covered in therapy but even more important, families who couldn’t get approval for therapy could buy her programs and and use them at home with their special-needs children.

Back then online learning environments were extremely new and it was difficult to explain the potential opportunity. As I’ve worked more in these areas it’s become clear to me that having video tutorials and demonstrations that parents can use to work with their child would be a definite benefit for those who either can’t get funding or want to supplement the programs that their children are receiving.

I have spoken with many service providers who are very excited about the possibility of being able to share their expertise and assistance to families via the Internet using online learning environments. One of my goals here at Our Special Families Village is to bring these programs to families. The challenge has been that many of the service providers who are interested in doing this aren’t yet sure about the how’s.

So I am merging my expertise in Internet Marketing with my passion for helping Special Needs Families. If you are Special Needs Service Provider and are interesting in learning how to help more People with Special Needs using Internet Technologies I invite you to connect with me on LinkedIn and join my group, Online Marketing for Special Needs Service Providers.

If you have a family member with Special Needs and think that information and tutorials in an online learning environment would be helpful to you please let me know. And let me know what kinds of help you’re looking for.

I look forward to hearing from you either in the comments to this post or you can email me through the contact page.

Thanks!

Where Families With Special Needs Care and Share Together

Get the News You Need Now with Free Updates from The Village

Enter Your Email Here:

Learn more...

Filed Under: Village Views Tagged With: Advocacy, Parenting Special Needs Kids, Special Needs Support

About

Pearson is 's Mom. She is building Our Special Families Village to be the community she wishes she had when they were starting their journey. Please share your thoughts, ideas, questions, whatever, in the comments section. If you wish to send a private message, please use the Contact page. Thanks!

Comments

Doreen Fulton says:

08/02/2012 at 7:19 pm

I am so happy you are pursuing this worthy endeavor! I am sure it will benefit us all. Thank you !!

Speak Your Mind Cancel reply

Name *

Email *

Website

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

Notify me of new posts by email.

The Village News You Need Free! Learn more...

The News You Need – Now

Most Popular Articles

Welcome to Our Special Families Village The TDaP Vaccine - What They Aren't Telling You Contact Us Why We're Here Autism and Seizures - Why didn't someone tell me? Self-Care for Mom - An Interview with Doreen Fulton of IEP for Mom Who Cares? On Judging Special Needs Parenting. Resource Guide Augmentative Communication on an iPhone or iPod Touch

Categories Select Category An IEP for Me! Autism/PDD Cerebral Palsy Down Syndrome Events Food For Thought Fun Stuff! General Resources Guest Posts In The News Information and Resources Inspiration Intellectual Disability Interviews Legal and Medical Information and Resources Local Resources On A Personal Note Parenting Information and Resources Special Education Special Needs Caregivers Suggestion Box Support Groups Village News Village Views Volunteer! What I Think

Website Installation Services for Non-Profits, Not for Profits, Clubs and any Organization whose mission is one of Service. All proceeds to benefit Our Special Families Village!!

PearsonOur Special Families Village1130 E. Ave.Suite 150-120Santa , CA 93455

Return to top of page

Copyright Pearson © 2012 · Social Eyes Theme · Genesis Framework by StudioPress · WordPress · Log in