RemedySpot.com

Re: So much has PEG in it

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It seems to me that many physicians today are in the profession just for the money, not because they are driven to help people. If the latter were true, instead of throwing chemicals at what ails us, they would first try to discern the cause. Had my DD's pediatrician done that for my daughter, my 4 year old wouldn't look today like she were three instead and she wouldn't have bald spots where hair should grow. And these are the issues apparent to the eye. I shudder to think what other damage Miralax could have done to her body that I cannot see.Sadly, it is left up to us, the patients/consumers to demand the best in products and services. Seems there is no one in our corner fighting Big Pharma and Corporations not to harm/poison/kill

us. To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: So much has PEG in it

I know a lot of this has been stated but I started looking at what has PEG. My toothpaste did, I switched and hopefully my mouth sores will go away.

Docusate Sodium has it, gravol has it. My shampoo has it. My body lotion has it.

When I talked to my dentist about it he said it is a derivative of antifreeze and to have people ingest it sounds strange.

Also the fact that it is stated all over the net (And Jeanie has posted) that studies have shown it does not absorb in non constipated people but it does in constipation. It is awful to me because non constipated people do not need it, other than colonoscopy preps.

I saw they have not done stage 3 tests or tested in Children fully.

How does this get prescribed so easy? It is just as bad as the anti-depressants that are prescribed, or the drugs for ADHD that are handed out so easily.

I think doctors should be much more careful.

Rae

Rae, I think the little bit that's in the cosmetics and shampoo is minimal and within regulations but the smaller the molecule the easier it's absorbed. s baby shampoo has PEG 80. Point being that it's not approved for children, there's a letter in the files section by Nexgen stating to one of our members, NOT TO GIVE TO CHILDREN. This is why I come unglued when anyone mentions weaning them off.............. To: miralax Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 9:04:23 AMSubject: So much has PEG in it

I know a lot of this has been stated but I started looking at what has PEG. My toothpaste did, I switched and hopefully my mouth sores will go away.

Docusate Sodium has it, gravol has it. My shampoo has it. My body lotion has it.

When I talked to my dentist about it he said it is a derivative of antifreeze and to have people ingest it sounds strange.

Also the fact that it is stated all over the net (And Jeanie has posted) that studies have shown it does not absorb in non constipated people but it does in constipation. It is awful to me because non constipated people do not need it, other than colonoscopy preps.

How does this get prescribed so easy? It is just as bad as the anti-depressants that are prescribed, or the drugs for ADHD that are handed out so easily.

Rae

Lillu, loss of hair I have not heard? Wonder how many others have had this but never put 2 + 2 together? Lyme causes this also just so you know............To: "miralax " <miralax >Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 9:44:40 AMSubject: Re: So much

has PEG in it

It seems to me that many physicians today are in the profession just for the money, not because they are driven to help people. If the latter were true, instead of throwing chemicals at what ails us, they would first try to discern the cause. Had my DD's pediatrician done that for my daughter, my 4 year old wouldn't look today like she were three instead and she wouldn't have bald spots where hair should grow. And these are the issues apparent to the eye. I shudder to think what other damage Miralax could have done to her body that I cannot see.Sadly, it is left up to us, the patients/consumers to demand the best in products and services. Seems there is no one in our corner fighting Big Pharma and Corporations not to harm/poison/kill

us. To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: So much has PEG in it

Rae

While on Miralax, my DD didn't gain an ounce (lost one, actually), didn't grow a centimeter, and her hair growth stopped. I don't believe she has Lyme disease. To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:37 PM Subject: Re: So much has PEG in it

Lillu, loss of hair I have not heard? Wonder how many others have had this but never put 2 + 2 together? Lyme causes this also just so you know............To: "miralax " <miralax >Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 9:44:40 AMSubject: Re: So much

has PEG in it

Rae

interesting.......... the failure to thrive I have heard of many times which goes hand n hand with the monthly canker sores, lots of people complain of their children not growing including mine. To: "miralax " <miralax >Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 11:36:33 PMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it

While on Miralax, my DD didn't gain an ounce (lost one, actually), didn't grow a centimeter, and her hair growth stopped. I don't believe she has Lyme disease. To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:37 PM Subject: Re: So much has PEG in it

has PEG in it

Rae

We should look it up - failure to thrive and growth are kidney issues. Carol

interesting.......... the failure to thrive I have heard of many times which goes hand n hand with the monthly canker sores, lots of people complain of their children not growing including mine.

To: "miralax " <miralax >Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 11:36:33 PMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it

While on Miralax, my DD didn't gain an ounce (lost one, actually), didn't grow a centimeter, and her hair growth stopped. I don't believe she has Lyme disease.

To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:37 PMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it

Lillu, loss of hair I have not heard? Wonder how many others have had this but never put 2 + 2 together? Lyme causes this also just so you know............

To: "miralax " <miralax >Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 9:44:40 AMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it

It seems to me that many physicians today are in the profession just for the money, not because they are driven to help people. If the latter were true, instead of throwing chemicals at what ails us, they would first try to discern the cause. Had my DD's pediatrician done that for my daughter, my 4 year old wouldn't look today like she were three instead and she wouldn't have bald spots where hair should grow. And these are the issues apparent to the eye. I shudder to think what other damage Miralax could have done to her body that I cannot see.

Sadly, it is left up to us, the patients/consumers to demand the best in products and services. Seems there is no one in our corner fighting Big Pharma and Corporations not to harm/poison/kill us.

To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:04 AMSubject: So much has PEG in it

I know a lot of this has been stated but I started looking at what has PEG. My toothpaste did, I switched and hopefully my mouth sores will go away.Docusate Sodium has it, gravol has it. My shampoo has it. My body lotion has it. When I talked to my dentist about it he said it is a derivative of antifreeze and to have people ingest it sounds strange. Also the fact that it is stated all over the net (And Jeanie has posted) that studies have shown it does not absorb in non constipated people but it does in constipation. It is awful to me because non constipated people do not need it, other than colonoscopy preps.I saw they have not done stage 3 tests or tested in Children fully. How does this get prescribed so easy? It is just as bad as the anti-depressants that are prescribed, or the drugs for ADHD that are handed out so easily.I think doctors should be much more careful.Rae

failure to thrive is on many of the children's fda adverse reaction sheets. To: miralax Sent: Wed, January 11, 2012 9:26:47 AMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it

interesting.......... the failure to thrive I have heard of many times which goes hand n hand with the monthly canker sores, lots of people complain of their children not growing including mine.

To: "miralax " <miralax >Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 11:36:33 PMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it

While on Miralax, my DD didn't gain an ounce (lost one, actually), didn't grow a centimeter, and her hair growth stopped. I don't believe she has Lyme disease.

To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:37 PMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it

Lillu, loss of hair I have not heard? Wonder how many others have had this but never put 2 + 2 together? Lyme causes this also just so you know............

To: "miralax " <miralax >Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 9:44:40 AMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it

It seems to me that many physicians today are in the profession just for the money, not because they are driven to help people. If the latter were true, instead of throwing chemicals at what ails us, they would first try to discern the cause. Had my DD's pediatrician done that for my daughter, my 4 year old wouldn't look today like she were three instead and she wouldn't have bald spots where hair should grow. And these are the issues apparent to the eye. I shudder to think what other damage Miralax could have done to her body that I cannot see.

Sadly, it is left up to us, the patients/consumers to demand the best in products and services. Seems there is no one in our corner fighting Big Pharma and Corporations not to harm/poison/kill us.

To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:04 AMSubject: So much has PEG in it

I know a lot of this has been stated but I started looking at what has PEG. My toothpaste did, I switched and hopefully my mouth sores will go away.Docusate Sodium has it, gravol has it. My shampoo has it. My body lotion has it. When I talked to my dentist about it he said it is a derivative of antifreeze and to have people ingest it sounds strange. Also the fact that it is stated all over the net (And Jeanie has posted) that studies have shown it does not absorb in non constipated people but it does in constipation. It is awful to me because non constipated people do not need it, other than colonoscopy preps.I saw they have not done stage 3 tests or tested in Children fully. How does this get prescribed so easy? It is just as bad as the anti-depressants that are prescribed, or the drugs for ADHD that are handed out so easily.I think doctors should be much more careful.Rae

How can I get access to those FDA Adverse reactions sheets. I want to show them to my DD's pediatrician and I may need to have a urinalysis ordered for my DD to look for crystal oxalates and high phosphates and whatever else.... To: miralax Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:28 AM Subject: Re:

So much has PEG in it

failure to thrive is on many of the children's fda adverse reaction sheets. To: miralax Sent: Wed, January 11, 2012 9:26:47 AMSubject: Re: So much has PEG in it