RemedySpot.com

Re: What is wrong with Miralax?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There are several things wrong with it. The top reason is it was never intended for long use prescription and neither for children. That the product is not absorbed is not been proven, in fact studies have stated it is only not absorbed in “healthy†individuals. To me a child with constipation is not a healthy individual.

There are nervous reactions, dental reactions, etc. I was on it myself for about 2 months and was terribly sick. When I came off my bowels completely quit moving, totally paralysed so dependent on it. It took 3 months of trying different remedies with use of enemas and mag citrate before they started working decently. If you check the files and attachments section of the forum you will see more. One child came near death and there are reports of linking this drug to kidney failure.

Good luck.

Rae

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 9:45 PM

To: miralax

Subject: What is wrong with Miralax?

Hi: I am new to this group. I see lots of ideas about how to get off of Miralax, but I still don't have a clear understanding about what is wrong with Miralax? Our GI pediatrician say it is safe and not absorbed. I know many of you disagree with this, but I am not sure why or what sources you are relying on? We have tried Natural Calm magnesium, probiotics and enzymes and nothing seems to help but the Miralax. I am hesitant to take her off unless I have a clear understanding about what the negative side effects might be for long term use. Thanks much! Shireen

The source most of us rely on is that it has made our children ill, and when we research the product we find that there are contraindications of its use that are matching the problems we see in our own children.T Hi: I am new to this group. I see lots of ideas about how to get off of Miralax, but I still don't have a clear understanding about what is wrong with Miralax? Our GI pediatrician say it is safe and not absorbed. I know many of you disagree with this, but I am not sure why or what sources you are relying on? We have tried Natural Calm magnesium, probiotics and enzymes and nothing seems to help but the Miralax. I am hesitant to take her off unless I have a clear understanding about what the negative side effects might be for long term use. Thanks much! Shireen

Shireen, Can you access the FDA files in the "files" section of the group? If so, please read through them. Doctors are not always 100% educated on the drugs they're prescribing. They have to trust the sales person and that person is in it to pay their mortgage, so a lot of truth gets distorted or lost. Skepticism is necessary when being prescribed a drug. There are a lot of sources we rely on to back our experiences: FDA adverse reactions, package insert for Miralax that used to say "Not approved for children" but now says, "Do not give to children under 17 unless under a doctors care." But also says, "Do not take for more than two weeks." We also use the MSDS Safety sheets that says this PEG is a poison and to take necessary precautions around it, or the chemical properties of PEG that says it's basically antifreeze. NONE of this says this stuff is safe for anyone, let alone children. Not only are we using science to back up our claim, we also use common sense. The common prescribed dosage for kids is 17g; the same amount for an adult. How can that be safe? Does anyone give their child the same amount of Tylenol they take for headaches? Does anyone give their child adult Tylenol, for that matter? The dosage cannot feasibly be safe for kids as they are not just little adults. We also have our God-given mom sense. Most of us have seen a major shift in our child's personality, abilities and brain function after being on Miralax for "x" amount of time. Some of us have seen it almost immediately, some it's taken a few years. Either way, the damage we see is mostly permanent. There is not a doctor in the world who would agree with us, but WE know. We made our child; therefore we know. So, I hope that information helps you and I truly hope you choose not to have your child on Miralax. Perhaps your child and family will be one of the few who will be spared through this group the heartache we've endured because of PEG. I also hope you continue to educate yourself so you can either stand up against your GI doc or find one who will work with you on other options. Best wishes. Hope this helped!Tracie

Hi: I am new to this group. I see lots of ideas about how to get off of Miralax, but I still don't have a clear understanding about what is wrong with Miralax? Our GI pediatrician say it is safe and not absorbed. I know many of you disagree with this, but I am not sure why or what sources you are relying on? We have tried Natural Calm magnesium, probiotics and enzymes and nothing seems to help but the Miralax. I am hesitant to take her off unless I have a clear understanding about what the negative side effects might be for long term use. Thanks much! Shireen

, There are many doctors who agree with us......................we are fortunate that they helped us get some of our material and read over the FDA adverse reactions to better understand what this medication caused and explain to us in lay people terms that it's the same thing that happened with the melamine in the pet food that killed all the animals a few years ago. Quote, unquote, from my Physician.........To: miralax Sent: Thu, January 19, 2012 6:40:36 PMSubject: Re: What is wrong with Miralax?

Shireen, Can you access the FDA files in the "files" section of the group? If so, please read through them. Doctors are not always 100% educated on the drugs they're prescribing. They have to trust the sales person and that person is in it to pay their mortgage, so a lot of truth gets distorted or lost. Skepticism is necessary when being prescribed a drug. There are a lot of sources we rely on to back our experiences: FDA adverse reactions, package insert for Miralax that used to say "Not approved for children" but now says, "Do not give to children under 17 unless under a doctors care." But also says, "Do not take for more than two weeks." We also use the MSDS Safety sheets that says this PEG is a poison and to take necessary precautions around it, or the chemical properties of PEG that says it's basically antifreeze. NONE of this says this stuff is safe for

anyone, let alone children. Not only are we using science to back up our claim, we also use common sense. The common prescribed dosage for kids is 17g; the same amount for an adult. How can that be safe? Does anyone give their child the same amount of Tylenol they take for headaches? Does anyone give their child adult Tylenol, for that matter? The dosage cannot feasibly be safe for kids as they are not just little adults. We also have our God-given mom sense. Most of us have seen a major shift in our child's personality, abilities and brain function after being on Miralax for "x" amount of time. Some of us have seen it almost immediately, some it's taken a few years. Either way, the damage we see is mostly permanent. There is not a doctor in the world who would agree with us, but WE know. We made our child; therefore we know. So, I hope that information helps you and I truly hope you choose

not to have your child on Miralax. Perhaps your child and family will be one of the few who will be spared through this group the heartache we've endured because of PEG. I also hope you continue to educate yourself so you can either stand up against your GI doc or find one who will work with you on other options. Best wishes. Hope this helped!Tracie