RemedySpot.com

Re: Reporter looking to speak to families

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I would volunteer to be interviewed, but my daughter was on Miralax for less than a year - nearly 9 months. Let me know if this would work. Thanks, Lillu To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:00 AM Subject: Reporter looking to speak to families

Hi

I am a reporter for the New York Times who is writing a story this week about Miralax, or PEG, and its use in treating childhood constipation. I am keen to talk to parents whose kid(s) used Miralax for at least a year who wish to be interviewed for the article.

I need to speak asap this week.

I am also interested in knowing if the FDA letter that some on the board wrote about sending to the FDA in January was ever sent.

I am reached out to the FDA already to get a sense of what adverse reactions have been reported to them.

And just so you know I'm really a reporter, here's a link to my NYT clips: http://nyti.ms/gKjCTt

I can be reached at stlouis at nytimes dot com or .

Hope to hear from you soon,

Saint Louis

Guest guest

My son began Miralax (glycolax - generic brand name) at age 1 until he was 6 (last year). I would be happy to tell you our story. Joanna

Hi, I would volunteer to be interviewed, but my daughter was on Miralax for less than a year - nearly 9 months. Let me know if this would work. Thanks, Lillu To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:00 AM Subject: Reporter looking to speak to families

Hi

I am a reporter for the New York Times who is writing a story this week about Miralax, or PEG, and its use in treating childhood constipation. I am keen to talk to parents whose kid(s) used Miralax for at least a year who wish to be interviewed for the article.

I am also interested in knowing if the FDA letter that some on the board wrote about sending to the FDA in January was ever sent.

I am reached out to the FDA already to get a sense of what adverse reactions have been reported to them.

And just so you know I'm really a reporter, here's a link to my NYT clips: http://nyti.ms/gKjCTt

Saint Louis

Guest guest

I do not wish to be interviewed, but thank God someone is going to at least raise awareness, to the public, about the harm Miralax is doing to our children. My son only took it for a month. He was 9, he is 14 now and would not want his medical issues to go public. That is a horrible chemical to give to anyone, much less children. I called the FDA and reported what it did to my son, I also called the manufacturer. The manufacturer (I believe was Braintree), replied to me by mail. Their reply stated that this was not intended for use in children under age 17 and told me that it was clearly stated on their product, which I knew. I had question the doctor when he first prescribed (it use to be a rx) it to my son. I thought the dic made a mistake. He said (the GI doc), " it is perfectly safe we give it to children by the bucketfuls. I trusted him and continued giving OT to my son. He became very ill. I immediately stopped giving it to him. I knew better than to give it to him in the first place, I blame myself because I should have followed my instincts. Anyway my sons Gi doc decided he needed a colonoscopy to see why he was so ill (the doc did not believe it was the Miralax because he said it is a miracle drug). The cleanly for he colonoscopy was PEG, I didn't realize that until after he vomited and vomited and was bucked over in severe pain. I checked the label and read that it was PEG, again, stupid me trusting the doctor too much. My son is fine now. It took a year. Thank you again. You are a God sent. Aware was. Weds to be raised.I will take a pic of the reply I received from Braintree and email it to you.Have a blessed day,DeannaSent from my iPhone

My son began Miralax (glycolax - generic brand name) at age 1 until he was 6 (last year). I would be happy to tell you our story. Joanna

Hi

Saint Louis

=

Guest guest

Deanna,

Attached is the petition Jeannie and I just finished and sent to the FDA. You might like to share it with your doctor. All the research is there along with all the parent questions raised here. Carol

I do not wish to be interviewed, but thank God someone is going to at least raise awareness, to the public, about the harm Miralax is doing to our children. My son only took it for a month. He was 9, he is 14 now and would not want his medical issues to go public. That is a horrible chemical to give to anyone, much less children. I called the FDA and reported what it did to my son, I also called the manufacturer. The manufacturer (I believe was Braintree), replied to me by mail. Their reply stated that this was not intended for use in children under age 17 and told me that it was clearly stated on their product, which I knew. I had question the doctor when he first prescribed (it use to be a rx) it to my son. I thought the dic made a mistake. He said (the GI doc), " it is perfectly safe we give it to children by the bucketfuls. I trusted him and continued giving OT to my son. He became very ill. I immediately stopped giving it to h im. I knew better than to give it to him in the first place, I blame myself because I should have followed my instincts. Anyway my sons Gi doc decided he needed a colonoscopy to see why he was so ill (the doc did not believe it was the Miralax because he said it is a miracle drug). The cleanly for he colonoscopy was PEG, I didn't realize that until after he vomited and vomited and was bucked over in severe pain. I checked the label and read that it was PEG, again, stupid me trusting the doctor too much.

My son is fine now. It took a year. Thank you again. You are a God sent. Aware was. Weds to be raised.

I will take a pic of the reply I received from Braintree and email it to you.

Have a blessed day,

DeannaSent from my iPhone

My son began Miralax (glycolax - generic brand name) at age 1 until he was 6 (last year). I would be happy to tell you our story.

Joanna

Hi, I would volunteer to be interviewed, but my daughter was on Miralax for less than a year - nearly 9 months. Let me know if this would work. Thanks, Lillu

To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:00 AMSubject : Reporter looking to speak to families

HiI am a reporter for the New York Times who is writing a story this week about Miralax, or PEG, and its use in treating childhood constipation. I am keen to talk to parents whose kid(s) used Miralax for at least a year who wish to be interviewed for the article. I need to speak asap this week. I am also interested in knowing if the FDA letter that some on the board wrote about sending to the FDA in January was ever sent. I am reached out to the FDA already to get a sense of what adverse reactions have been reported to them. And just so you know I'm really a reporter, here's a link to my NYT clips: http://nyti.ms/gKjCTt I can be reached at stlouis at nytimes dot com or . Hope to hear from you soon, Saint Louis

=

1 of 1 File(s)

FDA Petition, Polyethylene Glycol, May 15, 2012.doc