RemedySpot.com

Re: JOY ABOUT THE SINUS RINSE.. Worst times

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thx for the tip....After I had the surgery, was given a scrip for a sinus rinse, then after that the surgeon recommended 2:1 ratio salt:bicarb; 1sp salt:1/2 tspn bi-carb per 250ml, I already have the sinus flusher. The bicarb softens the salt, so doesn’t sting. (Not sure if we have PetiPot here, I guess the FloRinse we have would be similar...it originally came w/ sachets of mineral salts to use 2xdaily.)

As I have a cleft-palate graft with an incomplete seal, food/fluid gets into nasal cavity esp when eat/drink. Have found 1xday sinus flush during evening (no, not too late) so am clear thru the night, works best. I do 2xday hypertonic nebs, that also seems to help the nasal clearing along too...

So great to hear from you at times, that one of us is doing well, and not too affected by this condition (... I did have better times, sometimes! ) - you have every chance of it not affecting you too much, having learnt of it in it’s early stages, able to keep your general health - THE biggest tool in remaining infxn-free, preventing that downward spiral of infx/further damage.

Hope you’re not snowed under yet, tho guess it’s early in the season....not that you’d know it here, getting Jan-Feb temps before December! Dread the next electricity bill, using air-con this early in the year!!

Keep well, keep healthy, great hearing you’re going well,

joy