RemedySpot.com

update-X-ray confirms..need fast acting cleanout?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for your support..I am trying to reply personally, but I am practically asleep right now. My son is still having problems. We stopped the dairy, and working on gluten free. He is just getting over having Croup right now and we had to take him to the hospital . While there I asked the ER doc, since they were going to do an X-ray of his neck to confirm Croup, could they please do an abdominal X-ray and told him what was going on with him.

-X-ray confirms "steeple" trachea=Croup

-X-ray confirms he is definately backed up! The doctor was actually surprised, maybe he thought I was exaggerating.

So I told him how we did not want to do Miralax, etc. etc. and he gave me the junk about how it "brings water into the intestines", and how I needed to increase my sons dose. I said no, we took him off, and he said I need to put him back on. I said, I was told to give my son a capful (17g/adult), and you are telling me to give him more? What the heck is wrong with these people. It was 4am and I couldn't even argue with the guy. My son is not going back on.

Finally Sunday..my son pooped in the bath tub..yep..the bath tub..full of warm water...it's the only way he was going to go and he was so uncomfortable..and it was large.. I thought for sure he would at least have pooped more. .I feel horrible. I know there is more in there.

We tried to stool softeners..worked slightly..bits at a time. We are trying the flax seed oil..nothing..Magnesium hydroxide? Nothing. I know that although he did poop the other day..there is a lot more in there, and he needs to be cleaned out fast.

What can we do to get him cleaned quickly?

I have a bunch of stuff I am ordering for him..but he needs to be pooping now. We don't want one more day going by.

Thanks for your help and support

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there,> > I am new to this board, and have a 3 1/2 year old son who has had chronic constipation for about a year.. He is such a sweet boy..and I feel helpless for him lately..There is also some questions about ASD, and he has an appt for evaluation of ASD in the next couple of months...He has been on Miralax for several months..I have some real concerns about this med..I am actually a little angry at myself for giving him this without researching further, and angry at doctors who think its okay to downplay a lot of these meds!> > I would say he has always had a difficult time pooping. We have tried potty training..and he is completely resistant to it..I guess I can't blame him if he can't poop. :(> > So it really has NOT helped him...he still struggles to poop..but it's just pasty..Still has leaking in his diaper.> > So I took him off around

Nov-Dec 2011..and did some diet switches..minus dairy and added more fruits veggies (he already loves), and More water..fiber gummies..etc.,, He got backed up again. Refused to eat.> > I told Peds..I want him to see Ped Gastro..She reluctantly sent us. (She will be fired!)> > We went two weeks ago, and he checked his belly...did rectal exam :(..and I asked if we should be doing an X-ray..said there was no need. > I asked him about his diet..Eliminating dairy, other foods..He said no, basically that it was useless..just put him back on Miralax with a the stool softener..big doses until it's "peanut butter" consistency.> > So we put him back on the Miralax.. and within a couple of days....he is stuttering like CRAZY..is this related?..I don't know..but as I am digging further..this drug is NOT even approved for children! Outraged!> My hubby immediately threw it in the garbage!> > His

stuttering was so severe..that his speech therapist asked me.."what's going on"..she was going to email her college professor to see what she can do..he actually acted out today in is therapy session and threw a fit..Threw the game piece..I mean I know he is child, but that's not my son..his therapist was really surprised and addressed it to me :(> > Can you help me..any suggestions..My feeling is that the Peds Gastro is an idiot and I think I should be doing something completely different..like we are missing something with his diet..Shouldn't this doc care about his diet?!!! I mean think it's like telling someone..."go ahead and eat all the fast food you want..we will just put you on cholesterol medicine". I am just frustrated with medicine..and my son was doing so good and now is going backwards again..> > I really feel in my heart this Miralax is not the solution to what's going on with him, and it's too dangerous for a

child to take..Especially an adults dose!! Is there someone else we should be seeing? Would an X-ray help to rule out anything..I mean I don't want to expose him to unnecessary radiation..Just really confused and frustrated.> > Please help :(> Thanks>

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post