RemedySpot.com

tooth discoloration condition

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Also, just so everyone is aware before you ask, there is a certain condition of the teeth, a discoloration to the teeth that dentists will tell you that it happened before you were born in the womb that they say happens if the Mother took antibiotics while pregnant. This is not what these Mother's on the Miralax board are complaining about. This discoloration of the teeth happened only after they took Miralax. I've noticed a film over my dd's teeth and if you use UtraBright, the white becomes extremely bright with white spots almost like it stripped the enamel off the teeth and using the Ultra Bright makes it very apparent. I've spoke to many parents over the years with the same complaint. It looks similar to one who ate too much sugar when they had braces after they are removed.

After Ultra Bright they almost appear glow in the darkish.........the white is so white it appears like splotches. To: miralax Sent: Wed, January 4, 2012 7:04:09 PMSubject: Re: holes in teeth?

Not to rain on your parade but I already asked also and believe me, we'll go a lifetime before we find someone who knows a hoot about PEG. This is why it's soooo scary, nobody knows????????To: miralax Sent: Wed, January 4, 2012 6:58:33 PMSubject: Re: holes in

teeth?

I see my dentist tomorrow for problems that have suddenly appeared. He is very experienced and has quite a few kids as patients – I will show him and ask his thoughts.

Rae

Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:55 PM

To: miralax

Subject: Re: Fw: holes in teeth?

I also found old baby teeth the tooth fairy left me that were split in half from the child who took PEG. I still have mine from when I was little and they never split in half?

To: miralax Sent: Wed, January 4, 2012 5:51:49 PMSubject: Re: Fw: holes in teeth?

This is why it makes me wonder if long after they're off the med it still keeps pulling, why do these children have high levels of calcium in their urine and decaying teeth a decade later??

My dd just got one wisdom tooth pulled at 14????? it was all the way through the gum, they pull if that happens before it grows roots in the bone

To: miralax Sent: Wed, January 4, 2012 4:08:39 PMSubject: Re: Fw: holes in teeth?

I just added it - yes, where did they get that? Does it leach calcium from bones and teeth or cause calcium not to be absorbed, I wonder. Low blood calcium is on the list - how are they all related. Will ask toxicologist.

I think that urging taking care of the child's teeth and seeing a dentist often when using this drug implies that this drug in some way adversely affects dental health.

Do wonder, though, how they arrived at these warnings. They seem pretty accurate.

To: miralax Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:21 PMSubject: Re: Fw: holes in teeth?

It doesn't state that it affects the teeth though? Am I missing something........love the way it says not to be given more than one week.

To: miralax Sent: Wed, January 4, 2012 11:31:06 AMSubject: Re: Fw: holes in teeth?

What safety measures do I need to take when my child is using this drug?

Do not give this drug for more than 1 week unless told to do so by your child's doctor. If your child has kidney disease, talk with the doctor. Check all drugs your child is taking with your child's doctor. This drug may not mix well with some other drugs. Take care of your child's teeth. See a dentist often.

got that from this site : http://kidshealth.org/teen/medications/polyethylene_glycol_3350.html

I have four kids and the ONLY one with horrible teeth is my 8 yr. old who was on the Miralax for over 3 yrs.... his teeth basically just rot... with no warning... we recently went to a new GI dr. and he asked what the issue was with the teeth... didn't want to get in the Miralax argument but did tell him that he's my ONLY one with teeth issues... he's had to have so many removed etc... While doing a bit of researching the PEG I found one website that said to be sure to take care of your childs teeth while taking this.... I'll have to look for that....

Here's one I forgot about.....................Carol there are a lot of people complaining of holes in teeth and broken bones with my dd being one of them. I believe this woman may have been investigated over it also which goes back to the agony these parents are going through..................and the discolored teeth again........and the not absorbing nutrients

From: Pam Ruetten <pamruettenyahoo (DOT) com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Sun, October 4, 2009 8:56:59 PMSubject: holes in teeth?

My four year old has been using Miralax most of his life. Upon finding this group, we have been able to use some substitutes.

A few years ago, he broke his tailbone slipping on a stair. Then flashforward to the present at four years old, he has 4 grey teeth in the front of his mouth. The other day one fell out and I discovered it had a hole in the back of it. Then looking at the front tooth still in his mouth, I discovered it also had a hole in it. I remember being told that Miralax is very hard on kids teeth. I believe he is not absorbing calcium and other nutrients.

----- Forwarded Message ----To: miralax Sent: Tue, October 6, 2009 6:47:49 AMSubject: Re: holes in teeth?

Bobbie, has your child been checked for Celiac?Susie ~

Bobbie, I'm so sorry

warm regards

Jeanie

Subject: Re: holes in teeth?To: mailto:miralax Date: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 8:42 PM

We have, never put it together but my son has had several broken bones and his teeth are awful. He had to have his front top teeth removed when he was 3. He had already had them filled 3 times.

From: Pam Ruetten <pamruettenyahoo (DOT) com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Sun, October 4, 2009 8:56:59 PMSubject: holes in teeth?

My four year old has been using Miralax most of his life. Upon finding this group, we have been able to use some substitutes.

A few years ago, he broke his tailbone slipping on a stair. Then flashforward to the present at four years old, he has 4 grey teeth in the front of his mouth. The other day one fell out and I discovered it had a hole in the back of it. Then looking at the front tooth still in his mouth, I discovered it also had a hole in it. I remember being told that Miralax is very hard on kids teeth. I believe he is not absorbing calcium and other nutrients.

Anyone else run into this?

-- “Be careful reading medical books. You might die of a mis-print.†-- Mark Twain