Thanks all for the replies, sorry for the repeat questions. I am just

amazed that these oxalates can still be there after 3 weeks. And hubby

said, " Wow, and now this stuff is OTC!! "

>

> Hi ,

>

> My understanding is it's the oxalates from the Miralax. It's sort of

like a

> by product & often causes burning & rashes as well.

>

> Aveeno Oatmeal baths, Epsom salt baths after pooping is great to

sooth the

> burning if any. Also the Epsom salts can help to detox too.

>

> HTH,

>

> Yvette A.

>

>

>

> Okay, I know we've all looked at poops, probably all took them into

to the

> doc, I know I have. Angie has white, small, salt-like crystals in

hers. I

> assume its Miralax, Flax Seed Meal would not break down into salt

looking

> things, right? Maybe I am wrong?

>

>

It is probably calcium oxalate crystals. My son had caOx 'dumps'

that looked like black sand for over a year after I had stopped

giving him miralax. It could also be parasites or yeast.

>

> Hi ,

>

> My understanding is it's the oxalates from the Miralax. It's sort

of like a

> by product & often causes burning & rashes as well.

>

> Aveeno Oatmeal baths, Epsom salt baths after pooping is great to

sooth the

> burning if any. Also the Epsom salts can help to detox too.

>

> HTH,

>

> Yvette A.

>

>

>

> Okay, I know we've all looked at poops, probably all took them into

to the

> doc, I know I have. Angie has white, small, salt-like crystals in

hers. I

> assume its Miralax, Flax Seed Meal would not break down into salt

looking

> things, right? Maybe I am wrong?

>

>

Speaking as someone who never gave their child Miralax, the crystals or grit/sand-like stuff in the BMs (and for us, often in urine) can result for reasons other than Miralax.For us, the crystals in urine and in BMs really began clearing up about 2-3 months into being gluten free (we were also already dairy-free). I don't believe this was a coincidence because when we'd have an accidental exposure to gluten, the crystals in urine and painful poops also returned, but cleared up quickly after the dietary 'infraction.' I do believe they are likely CaOx - but for us, at least, it did not originate because of Miralax converting into EG and breaking down into oxalic acid in the body. My guess is that in going gluten-free (and mostly grain free, while remaining dairy free), we naturally lowered the amount of oxalic acid we were ingesting in foods. My son's body was probably overloaded with oxalic acid prior to going GF, and was occasionally "dumping" back then. Once we went GF, he (and I, as well) went through a couple months of what I think of as a general "detox" - and he had some pretty serious "dumping" phases. But we've been GF (and CF) for almost a year and I can say that I feel confident that the gritty/grainy BMs and painful urination are a thing of our past - unless a dietary infraction occurs.> >> > Hi ,> > > > My understanding is it's the oxalates from the Miralax. It's sort > of like a> > by product & often causes burning & rashes as well.> > > > Aveeno Oatmeal baths, Epsom salt baths after pooping is great to > sooth the> > burning if any. Also the Epsom salts can help to detox too.> > > > HTH,> > > > Yvette A.> > > > > > > > Okay, I know we've all looked at poops, probably all took them into > to the> > doc, I know I have. Angie has white, small, salt-like crystals in > hers. I> > assume its Miralax, Flax Seed Meal would not break down into salt > looking> > things, right? Maybe I am wrong?> > > >>

PEG binds to calcium creating calcium oxalate crystals as the melamine did in the pet food scare did, this clogs the kidneys and this is how all the pets died. This is why children are dying from miralax, from renal failure...................look up calcium oxalate crystals to see...........

Subject: RE: whats in the poopTo: miralax Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:19 AM

Hi ,

My understanding is it¢s the oxalates from the Miralax. It¢s sort of like a by product & often causes burning & rashes as well.

Aveeno Oatmeal baths, Epsom salt baths after pooping is great to sooth the burning if any. Also the Epsom salts can help to detox too.

HTH,

Yvette A.

Okay, I know we've all looked at poops, probably all took them into to the doc, I know I have. Angie has white, small, salt-like crystals in hers. I assume its Miralax, Flax Seed Meal would not break down into salt looking things, right? Maybe I am wrong?

it can take months or even years................I'm suprised you haven't mentioned the stinging while urinating, this is horrible

Subject: Re: RE: whats in the poopTo: miralax Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 1:36 PM

Thanks all for the replies, sorry for the repeat questions. I am justamazed that these oxalates can still be there after 3 weeks. And hubbysaid, "Wow, and now this stuff is OTC!!" >> Hi ,> > My understanding is it's the oxalates from the Miralax. It's sort oflike a> by product & often causes burning & rashes as well.> > Aveeno Oatmeal baths, Epsom salt baths after pooping is great tosooth the> burning if any. Also the Epsom salts can help to detox too.> > HTH,> > Yvette A.> > > > Okay, I know we've all looked at poops, probably all took them intoto the> doc, I know I have. Angie has white, small, salt-like crystals inhers.

I> assume its Miralax, Flax Seed Meal would not break down into saltlooking> things, right? Maybe I am wrong?> >