RemedySpot.com

Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone give Ex-lax chocolate squares to their child?

I read a very good article online for parents with children who hold and

the doctor suggested using Ex-lax (along with a lot of behavioral

therapy). See here for link if interested.

http://www.rogerknapp.com/medical/pottytrainingrefusals.htm

I highly recommend the article!

Anyway, we are doing lots of natural stuff including probiotics, prune

juice, etc. but we need something with extra kick and don't want to use

Miralax so we are trying out the Ex-lax. Today is the first day. Our doc

said to give 1/2 to 1 square per day for no more than 7 days. my son is

about 40lbs.

Anyone else using this? What has your experience been and what dosage do

you give and is it OK for long-term use?

Thanks!

Cristina

a pharmacist who is very knowledgable to what miralax has done, said yes, it's okay to give ex-lax to a child. I have tried and it does take a day to produce, but it does work.............

Subject: Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?To: miralax Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:25 AM

Does anyone give Ex-lax chocolate squares to their child?I read a very good article online for parents with children who hold andthe doctor suggested using Ex-lax (along with a lot of behavioraltherapy). See here for link if interested.http://www.rogerkna pp.com/medical/ pottytrainingref usals.htmI highly recommend the article!Anyway, we are doing lots of natural stuff including probiotics, prunejuice, etc. but we need something with extra kick and don't want to useMiralax so we are trying out the Ex-lax. Today is the first day. Our docsaid to give 1/2 to 1 square per day for no more than 7 days. my son isabout 40lbs.Anyone else using this? What has your experience been and what dosage doyou give and is it OK for long-term

use?Thanks!Cristina

start small, like a quarter of a square or you'll end up with diahrea

Subject: Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?To: miralax Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:25 AM

Does anyone give Ex-lax chocolate squares to their child?I read a very good article online for parents with children who hold andthe doctor suggested using Ex-lax (along with a lot of behavioraltherapy). See here for link if interested.http://www.rogerkna pp.com/medical/ pottytrainingref usals.htmI highly recommend the article!Anyway, we are doing lots of natural stuff including probiotics, prunejuice, etc. but we need something with extra kick and don't want to useMiralax so we are trying out the Ex-lax. Today is the first day. Our docsaid to give 1/2 to 1 square per day for no more than 7 days. my son isabout 40lbs.Anyone else using this? What has your experience been and what dosage doyou give and is it OK for long-term

use?Thanks!Cristina

We used them for about six months. Our doctor told us to use the

amount needed to cause cramps, then back off. That amount would be the ceiling

about or the limit. As you get results, you can back off until you don’t get

results. That would be what to use from then on.

miralax [mailto:miralax ] On Behalf Of jeanie

ward

Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 5:54 AM

To: miralax

Subject: Re: Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?

start small, like a quarter of a square or you'll end up

with diahrea

Subject: Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?

To: miralax

Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:25 AM

Does anyone give Ex-lax

chocolate squares to their child?

I read a very good article online for parents with children who hold and

the doctor suggested using Ex-lax (along with a lot of behavioral

therapy). See here for link if interested.

http://www.rogerkna pp.com/medical/ pottytrainingref

usals.htm

I highly recommend the article!

Anyway, we are doing lots of natural stuff including probiotics, prune

juice, etc. but we need something with extra kick and don't want to use

Miralax so we are trying out the Ex-lax. Today is the first day. Our doc

said to give 1/2 to 1 square per day for no more than 7 days. my son is

about 40lbs.

Anyone else using this? What has your experience been and what dosage do

you give and is it OK for long-term use?

Thanks!

Cristina

I wouldn't recommend doing this with a child, they will be completely turned off of the fact that what they took made them hurt and cramp, I'd start low and increase slowly. I did it this way and never had a problem with cramping at all.

From: Cristina <mommy605hotmail (DOT) com>Subject: Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?To: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:25 AM

use?Thanks!Cristina

I believe that they have been discontinued-- I wasn't able to find them. If anyone does, please let me know where they sell them.

Natalia

From: miralax [mailto:miralax ] On Behalf Of jeanie wardSent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:33 AMTo: miralax Subject: RE: Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?

I wouldn't recommend doing this with a child, they will be completely turned off of the fact that what they took made them hurt and cramp, I'd start low and increase slowly. I did it this way and never had a problem with cramping at all.

From: Cristina <mommy605hotmail (DOT) com>Subject: Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?To: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:25 AM

Does anyone give Ex-lax chocolate squares to their child?I read a very good article online for parents with children who hold andthe doctor suggested using Ex-lax (along with a lot of behavioraltherapy). See here for link if interested.http://www.rogerkna pp.com/medical/ pottytrainingref usals.htmI highly recommend the article!Anyway, we are doing lots of natural stuff including probiotics, prunejuice, etc. but we need something with extra kick and don't want to useMiralax so we are trying out the Ex-lax. Today is the first day. Our docsaid to give 1/2 to 1 square per day for no more than 7 days. my son isabout 40lbs.Anyone else using this? What has your experience been and what dosage doyou give and is it OK for long-term use?Thanks!Cristina

I found them at Raley's in CA.

>

>

> From: Cristina <mommy605hotmail (DOT) com>

> Subject: Anyone using Ex-Lax Chocolate Squares?

> To: miralax@yahoogroups .com

> Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:25 AM

>

>

> Does anyone give Ex-lax chocolate squares to their child?

>

> I read a very good article online for parents with children who hold and

> the doctor suggested using Ex-lax (along with a lot of behavioral

> therapy). See here for link if interested.

> http://www.rogerkna pp.com/medical/

> <http://www.rogerknapp.com/medical/pottytrainingrefusals.htm>

> pottytrainingref usals.htm

>

> I highly recommend the article!

>

> Anyway, we are doing lots of natural stuff including probiotics, prune

> juice, etc. but we need something with extra kick and don't want to use

> Miralax so we are trying out the Ex-lax. Today is the first day. Our doc

> said to give 1/2 to 1 square per day for no more than 7 days. my son is

> about 40lbs.

>

> Anyone else using this? What has your experience been and what dosage do

> you give and is it OK for long-term use?

>

> Thanks!

> Cristina

>