RemedySpot.com

Re: green stools

Rate this topic

Guest guest

green stools usually means an infection or green foods she's been eating, which is unlikely if they are little. (they don't usually eat things like spinach etc.) Just hang in there and yes, the grainy stools are very common comments on here coming off Miralax. The diaper rash is probably from the chemical itself, push lots of water.....................Aveeno oatmeal baths help with this, the oatmeal tends to absorb, it's a burn that needs to come out. I found that putting desitin on them only keeps them locked in. I went through this for almost 2 years after this ordeal. It seems to help to go from the toliet to the bathtub, several times a day..................

Jeanie

Subject: green stoolsTo: "Miralax" <miralax >Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:59 PM

My daughter , 5, has been off Miralax for 2 weeks. Finally getting stools moving with the MOM I think it is. But, ever since stopping it, she was also on Flax Seed Meal for a couple weeks, she has graining stools that look like Miralax in them. Could she have been backed up for months and now its coming out?Also, she's got very green stools. And once she gets going its bad diaper rash again!

We did the toilet to the tub thing for a long time, too, when

the Miralax was purging from his system. It’s not fun and it hurts their little

bums, but it has to come out. Don’t use diaper rash ointment –it’s petroleum based

so it’ll keep everything in.

miralax [mailto:miralax ] On Behalf Of jeanie

ward

Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 6:40 AM

To: miralax

Subject: Re: green stools

green stools usually means an infection or green foods

she's been eating, which is unlikely if they are little. (they don't usually

eat things like spinach etc.) Just hang in there and yes, the grainy

stools are very common comments on here coming off Miralax. The diaper rash

is probably from the chemical itself, push lots of water.....................Aveeno

oatmeal baths help with this, the oatmeal tends to absorb, it's a burn that

needs to come out. I found that putting desitin on them only keeps them

locked in. I went through this for almost 2 years after this ordeal. It seems

to help to go from the toliet to the bathtub, several times a

day..................

Jeanie

Subject: green stools

To: " Miralax " <miralax >

Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:59 PM

My daughter , 5, has been off Miralax for 2 weeks.

Finally getting stools moving with the MOM I think it is.

But, ever since stopping it, she was also on Flax Seed Meal for a couple

weeks, she has graining stools that look like Miralax in them. Could she have

been backed up for months and now its coming out?

Also, she's got very green stools. And once she gets going its bad diaper

rash again!

and Jeanie, We've had green stools here off and on for years. It seems everytime it has to do

with a food intolerance or infraction. Activated charcoal helps quite a bit and now we're using enzymes

with meals as well.

Kathy

Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:39 AM

green stools usually means an infection or green foods she's been eating, which is unlikely if they are little. (they don't usually eat things like spinach etc.) Just hang in there and yes, the grainy stools are very common comments on here coming off Miralax. The diaper rash is probably from the chemical itself, push lots of water.....................Aveeno oatmeal baths help with this, the oatmeal tends to absorb, it's a burn that needs to come out. I found that putting desitin on them only keeps them locked in. I went through this for almost 2 years after this ordeal. It seems to help to go from the toliet to the bathtub, several times a day..................

Jeanie

Subject: green stoolsTo: "Miralax" <miralax >Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:59 PM

My daughter , 5, has been off Miralax for 2 weeks. Finally getting stools moving with the MOM I think it is. But, ever since stopping it, she was also on Flax Seed Meal for a couple weeks, she has graining stools that look like Miralax in them. Could she have been backed up for months and now its coming out?Also, she's got very green stools. And once she gets going its bad diaper rash again!

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1823 - Release Date: 12/1/2008 7:59 PM

If you've had it for years, then I would tend to say it's from the stool being lodged in there and it could be the bad bacteria stuck in there, I would imagine this happens quite frequently with mineral oil use because nothing can breath.................

From: Soracco <megsoraccogmail (DOT) com>Subject: green stoolsTo: "Miralax" <miralax@yahoogroups .com>Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:59 PM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1823 - Release Date: 12/1/2008 7:59 PM

what about yeast?

Doesn't that make for rashes and odd looking stool?

jeanie ward wrote:

If you've had it for years, then I would tend to say it's

from the stool being lodged in there and it could be the bad bacteria

stuck in there, I would imagine this happens quite frequently with

mineral oil use because nothing can breath.................

<megsoraccogmail (DOT) com>

Subject: green stools

To: "Miralax" <miralax@yahoogroups .com>

Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:59 PM

My daughter , 5, has been off Miralax

for 2 weeks. Finally getting stools moving with the MOM I

think it is.

But, ever since stopping it, she was also on Flax Seed Meal for a

couple weeks, she has graining stools that look like Miralax in them.

Could she have been backed up for months and now its coming out?

Also, she's got very green stools. And once she gets going its bad

diaper rash again!

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1823 - Release Date:

12/1/2008 7:59 PM

I'm sure it does, if you can get things moving and make sure it's balanced with a probiotic you be in a better position. When stool is backed up, over time it unbalances the ph which causes the burning too

From: Soracco <megsoraccogmail (DOT) com>Subject: green stoolsTo: "Miralax" <miralax@yahoogroups .com>Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:59 PM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1823 - Release Date: 12/1/2008 7:59 PM

i just know if my child eats something that does not agree with her she gets green stools.

i know it can also come from fast transit time, but we don't have that here !

i don't think yeast is green but it could be bacteria.

green stoolsTo: "Miralax" <miralax@yahoogroups .com>Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 7:59 PM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1824 - Release Date: 12/2/2008 9:31 AM

Kathy,

type in what causes green stools..............my computor has a virus and it I cannot look anything up right now.................

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1824 - Release Date: 12/2/2008 9:31 AM

artificial colorings, bacteria, food intolerance, slow transit time.............

Sent: 2008-12-03 09:02

Kathy,

type in what causes green stools..............my computor has a virus and it I cannot look anything up right now.................

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1824 - Release Date: 12/2/2008 9:31 AM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1826 - Release Date: 12/3/2008 9:34 AM