RemedySpot.com

Re: Tetnay Miralax

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I also forgot to add that it's been reported that Miralax causes hypomagnesia as well. I guess it can go either way.............hypo and hyper has been reported in all cases

hyponatremia

hypocalcemia

hypomagnesia

From: Happel's <ctajcharter (DOT) net>Subject: burning tummyTo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 9:02 AM

Does anyone know if an everyday does of mag citrate for several months can cause a “burning tummy” sensation? My 10-year-old has had this sensation since Wed at 4:30. It came back Thurs and Fri and has not gone away since then. I’ve treated with milk and nux vomica (a homeopathic remedy). Neither has helped. I’m wondering if he has heart burn (and where it would come from?? His diet has not changed –even with the holiday) or if it’s something with the mag citrate. I don’t know why I think mag citrate, but it’s in my head for some reason. He cries over the pain. It’s not like him to complain, let alone cry from pain.

Thanks for any ideas,

Tracie

We've been dealing with foot spasms for over 4 years. Very stiff left foot. I'm wondering if miralax could

be part of this and what is the remedy...........calcium??

Kathy

To: miralax

Sent: 2008-12-01 08:31

Subject: Tetnay Miralax

I saw a topic included in this article and wanted to add what I've learned about Miralax.........

In regards to tetnay, I would also like to add that we still aren't sure if it's the Miralax that is the cause or just the fact that Miralax pulls the vitamins from the body resulting in hypocalcemia (calcium deficiency) creating tetnay............. uncontrolled muscle spasms and a tightening of the muscles creating a stiffness in children who received Miralax.

I myself think, that the medication caused this................read below

According to a pediatric neurologist, hyponatremia (electrolyte imbalance, pulling water and salt from the brain) replenishes itself in a couple days from a result of Miralax pulling all the salt and water out of the brain, which happens with Miralax if not deficated immediately.

According to the FDA sheets, Miralax also causes hypcalcemia (calcium deficientcy) also, which would explain the tetnay symptoms. So if this would be the same with hypocalcemia, it should replenish itself relatively quick if given the proper diet? The same goes for hyponatremia but this is why I'm concerned, they don't seem to go away after a couple days which makes me think it's a result of the medication. Children still exhibit symptoms of paranoia and spooked behavior long after the couple days that they say this should last, along with muscle spasms and tighness. i.e. prying their fingers open because the are clenched. They complain of an unsteadiness when standing, and jerky motions when trying to stand up. This can also be confused with the tics and tremors that come up with Miralax use, so is a result of the medication? or a vitamin deficency? If it was a vitamin deficiency, then the symptoms should go away when they're replenished?

Over the years, I've spoke to many parents who've described this same condition after their child was given Miralax. This is what I mean when I say, constipation seems like nothing compared to the side affects from Miralax.

There are several parents on here I've spoke to pertaining this issue and many on the FDA adverse events.....................

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/miralax/files/

From: Happel's <ctajcharter (DOT) net>Subject: burning tummyTo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 9:02 AM

Does anyone know if an everyday does of mag citrate for several months can cause a “burning tummy” sensation? My 10-year-old has had this sensation since Wed at 4:30. It came back Thurs and Fri and has not gone away since then. I’ve treated with milk and nux vomica (a homeopathic remedy). Neither has helped. I’m wondering if he has heart burn (and where it would come from?? His diet has not changed –even with the holiday) or if it’s something with the mag citrate. I don’t know why I think mag citrate, but it’s in my head for some reason. He cries over the pain. It’s not like him to complain, let alone cry from pain.

Thanks for any ideas,

Tracie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1822 - Release Date: 12/1/2008 8:23 AM