RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: 14 month old - cold turkey off Miralax - now what?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well..in some cases no. I've found that giving too much of certain fibers are often too much for their little systems. Also, milk and gluten may cause constipation.

14 month old - cold turkey off Miralax - now what?> > > My daughter has been on Miralax for a long time now. She was about 6 > weeks early and has been working with a PT for about 2 months now as > her motor skills were a bit behind. I took her off the Miralax 1.5 > weeks ago due to seeing what it could do to children and all of a > sudden I begane to see her motor skills change in leap-n-bounds. The > PT came today (comes every 2 weeks), and wanted to know how I got my > daughter so "awake" and wanting to "cruise". I don't know if it was > the Miralax, but it sure seems to be perfect timing. Off Miralax -> motor skills increase - :) > The only issue is she continues to now hold her bowels. It's been 3 > days and it sounds gross, but I can the poop it in her little butt. I > give her daily punes, pears, warm baths, bread with fiber, water -> everything. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS????? Thank you!>

If it's never been a problem then I would have to disagree, one needs bread in the diet. And yes, there is fiber in the bread and in most cases, it's good for you

Subject: Re: 14 month old - cold turkey off Miralax - now what?To: miralax Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 3:18 PM

Curious - why not give bread with fiber? She currently eats Sara Lee's 100% whole wheat. I thought fiber helped them go...no?>> My personal opinion would be to put her on something that keeps her stools loose. Like one of the oils....Flax, Olive or Mineral oil. I like flax myself. I would remove the bread w/fiber from her diet and replace with gluten free bread. This I would do for the long haul. For the time being maybe try one of the laxatives that have been used by others here to get her "cleaned out" so to speak, so you can have a fresh start. This is only my opinion of course and there's MUCH more knowledge/info in this group.> > 14 month old - cold turkey off Miralax - now what?> > > My daughter has been on Miralax for a long time now. She was about 6 > weeks early and has been working with a PT for about 2 months now as > her motor skills were a bit behind. I took her off the Miralax 1.5 > weeks ago due to seeing what it could do to children and all of a > sudden I begane to see her motor skills change in leap-n-bounds. The > PT came today (comes every 2 weeks), and wanted to know how I got my > daughter so "awake" and wanting to "cruise". I don't know if it was > the Miralax, but it sure seems to be perfect timing. Off Miralax -> motor skills increase - :) > The only issue is she continues

to now hold her bowels. It's been 3 > days and it sounds gross, but I can the poop it in her little butt. I > give her daily punes, pears, warm baths, bread with fiber, water -> everything. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? ???? Thank you!>

What I meant was that some types of fiber cause too much bulk in little ones. This has been said before as well. However, this little girl still continues to hold her stool. She may have an allergy to gluten and/or dairy that may be causing her stools to be hard. The key word here is "holding" and since there is so many components to this problem, why not try a non gluten diet or non dairy diet or both. That way she can see how it affects her. Maybe her stool will soften just by some dietary changes such as this. I thought the same thing as you about fiber at one time, but not now after trial/error and research. It's not that one needs bread...but we can do well with an increase of certain grains that happen to be fiber rich.

{ok...my break from cooking is over}

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

14 month old - cold turkey off Miralax - now what?> > > My daughter has been on Miralax for a long time now. She was about 6 > weeks early and has been working with a PT for about 2 months now as > her motor skills were a bit behind. I took her off the Miralax 1.5 > weeks ago due to seeing what it could do to children and all of a > sudden I begane to see her motor skills change in leap-n-bounds. The > PT came today (comes every 2 weeks), and wanted to know how I got my > daughter so "awake" and wanting to "cruise". I don't know if it was > the Miralax, but it sure seems to be perfect timing. Off Miralax -> motor skills increase - :) > The only issue is she continues to now hold her bowels. It's been 3 > days and it sounds gross, but I can the poop it in her little butt. I > give her daily punes, pears, warm baths, bread with fiber, water -> everything. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? ???? Thank you!>

Kirkman Labs makes everything in every form for people with special needs................

Subject: Re: 14 month old - cold turkey off Miralax - now what?To: miralax Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 2:19 PM

The chewables florabears are very chalky and crumbly, i wonder if you could mash them up and put them in applesauce for example. They taste like orange so they are kind of tart, that's why i suggest apple sauce. I don;t think probiotics come in liquid.I highly recommend trying them. You can do that aside from the other things...It only make sense to replace the good bacteria in the gut. Unfortunately the yogurts that claim to have probiotics have only trace of them so you really need the supplement. > > > >> > > > My personal opinion would be to put her on something that keeps > > her > > > stools loose. Like one of the oils....Flax, Olive or Mineral oil. > I > > > like flax myself. I would remove the bread w/fiber from her diet > > and > > > replace with gluten free bread. This I would

do for the long > haul. > > > For the time being maybe try one of the laxatives that have been > > used > > > by others here to get her "cleaned out" so to speak, so you can > > have > > > a fresh start. This is only my opinion of course and there's MUCH > > > more knowledge/info in this group.> > > > > > > > 14 month old - cold turkey off Miralax - > now > > > what?> > > > > > > > > > > > My daughter has been on Miralax for a long time now. She was > >

> about 6 > > > > weeks early and has been working with a PT for about 2 months > > now > > > as > > > > her motor skills were a bit behind. I took her off the > Miralax > > > 1.5 > > > > weeks ago due to seeing what it could do to children and all > of > > a > > > > sudden I begane to see her motor skills change in leap-n-> > bounds. > > > The > > > > PT came today (comes every 2 weeks), and wanted to know how I > > got > > > my > > > > daughter so "awake" and wanting to "cruise". I don't know if > it > > > was > > > > the Miralax, but it sure seems to be perfect timing. Off > > Miralax -> > > > > > > motor skills increase - :) > > > > The only

issue is she continues to now hold her bowels. It's > > been > > > 3 > > > > days and it sounds gross, but I can the poop it in her little > > > butt. I > > > > give her daily punes, pears, warm baths, bread with fiber, > > water -> > > > > > > everything. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? ???? Thank you!> > > >> > >> >>