RemedySpot.com

Kid Calm vs. Natural Calm

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They are indeed different.....................

Natural calm

Kid Calm

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1/2 teaspoon

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Magnesium (elemental from magnesium citrate)

85 mg

65%

Vitamin C (as magnesium ascorbate)

200 mg

444%

Zinc

2 mg

20%

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1/2 teaspoon

Other Ingredients: Magnesium citrate, magnesium ascorbate, zinc, stevia and natural orange flavor.

Thanks Jeanie for posting that. I realize now that my calculations

were off. There is a difference of 17.5 mg. per 1/2 teaspoon of

magnesium in the Adult version vs. the Kid's and Baby versions. (Not

a huge amount...but it could make a difference.) The magnesium levels

in the Baby and Kids versions are identical as are the amounts of

vitamin C. The Kid's formula has 2 mg. of zinc, so that is the

difference there. (It also has stevia, an herb sweetener and natural

orange flavor.) I guess the question would be why does the Kid's

version have the added zinc?

>

> They are indeed different.....................

>

> Natural calm

>

>

> Kid Calm

> Supplement Facts

> Serving Size: 1/2 teaspoon

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Amount Per Serving

> % Daily Value

>

>

>

>

>

> Magnesium (elemental from magnesium citrate)

> 85 mg

> 65%

>

>

>

>

>

> Vitamin C (as magnesium ascorbate)

> 200 mg

> 444%

>

>

>

>

>

> Zinc

> 2 mg

> 20%

>

>

>

>

> Supplement Facts

> Serving Size: 1/2 teaspoon

>

>

> Other Ingredients: Magnesium citrate, magnesium ascorbate, zinc,

stevia and natural orange flavor.

>

My guess is...............It balances with copper, when you give zinc, it lowers the copper. Elevated copper causes aggression. Most Autistic children have a zinc deficiency and elevated copper..........

Note: I used this for an example, I am in no way suggesting the use of this product below, however........................

What does Zinc Balance® do?Zinc Balance ® is a synergistic combination of Zinc Monomethionate and Copper Gluconate in a 15:1 ratio, because supplementing with zinc without including copper may cause a copper deficiency.* The amino acid Methionine facilitates absorption and transport of zinc in the human body.* Zinc Monomethionate resists absorption interference from fiber and phytic acid.*

http://www.utopiasilver.com/products/supplements/zincbalance.htm

I strongly encourage any parents on here with behavioral, or autistic children to call Pfeiffer Treatment Center in Naperville IL, to obtain any of their supplement information, they tell you all about the balancing of the bio-chemistry, i.e. elevated copper/zinc defieciency........and the problems they cause. If they are balanced, you child is calm and so is mom and dad, without medication. They specialize in balancing the body's bio-chemistry.............There's only ONE in the world, non-profit organization, they treat with vitamins and minerals, wow! what a concept! They have clinics all over the world..............

http://www.hriptc.org/

Subject: Re: Kid Calm vs. Natural CalmTo: miralax Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 3:48 AM

Thanks Jeanie for posting that. I realize now that my calculationswere off. There is a difference of 17.5 mg. per 1/2 teaspoon ofmagnesium in the Adult version vs. the Kid's and Baby versions. (Nota huge amount...but it could make a difference.) The magnesium levelsin the Baby and Kids versions are identical as are the amounts ofvitamin C. The Kid's formula has 2 mg. of zinc, so that is thedifference there. (It also has stevia, an herb sweetener and naturalorange flavor.) I guess the question would be why does the Kid'sversion have the added zinc?>> They are indeed different... ......... .........> > Natural calm> > > Kid Calm> Supplement Facts> Serving Size: 1/2 teaspoon> > >

> > > > Amount Per Serving> % Daily Value> > > > > > Magnesium (elemental from magnesium citrate)> 85 mg> 65%> > > > > > Vitamin C (as magnesium ascorbate)> 200 mg> 444%> > > > > > Zinc> 2 mg> 20%> > > > > Supplement Facts> Serving Size: 1/2 teaspoon> > > Other Ingredients: Magnesium citrate, magnesium ascorbate, zinc,stevia and natural orange flavor.>