RemedySpot.com

Testing/what types

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you have pursued testing to get some answers regarding your child's

constipation, what tests were done and by what doctor?

My dd, who has been very healthy, seems to be deteriorating. She has

dark circles under her eyes, doesn't eat well, is bruising easily, has

been sleeping horribly. She has a rash around her mouth that I think

may be eczema. It almost seems she may be having malabsorption issues.

Of course, all of these things could relate to constipation except even

when she's cleaned out, she is acting this way. I am wondering if she

has a food intolerance or allergy. I have twice in the past cut out all

dairy for 6 weeks and that didn't help. I think it is time for a visit

to the doctor, but I'm not sure what to ask for. Stool panel, allergy

testing, x-ray? None of this has been done because they just say it is

withholding, but I know it isn't. I need to press for more this time.

We have an open network for our insurance, so I don't need referrals

but I would prefer to find someone through my doctor because I do like

her.

Thanks,

I forgot to add that I realized this coincided with an increase in my

egg consumption (still breastfeeding) about a month ago, so we have cut

all egg products. I am hoping, hoping, hoping that it is that easy.

According to school pictures, the dark circles took at least until the next grade here level to see an improvement, but they do improve with time................the sleeping issue is a sign of it affecting the nervous system, (should improve with time)..............ezcema happened only right after Miralax. I think time and water is the only thing that can heal as there is no antidote for PEG.............my heart goes out to you and your family

Subject: Testing/what typesTo: miralax Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 4:02 PM

If you have pursued testing to get some answers regarding your child's constipation, what tests were done and by what doctor? My dd, who has been very healthy, seems to be deteriorating. She has dark circles under her eyes, doesn't eat well, is bruising easily, has been sleeping horribly. She has a rash around her mouth that I think may be eczema. It almost seems she may be having malabsorption issues. Of course, all of these things could relate to constipation except even when she's cleaned out, she is acting this way. I am wondering if she has a food intolerance or allergy. I have twice in the past cut out all dairy for 6 weeks and that didn't help. I think it is time for a visit to the doctor, but I'm not sure what to ask for. Stool panel, allergy testing, x-ray? None of this has been done because they just say it is withholding, but I know it isn't. I need to press for more this time. We have

an open network for our insurance, so I don't need referrals but I would prefer to find someone through my doctor because I do like her. Thanks,

Jeanie,

Thank you, but she has only had Miralax twice for a week or so when it

was the only way to get her isimpacted, so I'm not concerned with side

effects of Miralax. I'm talking about just side effects and/or causes

of constipation.

>

> According to school pictures, the dark circles took at least until

the next grade here level to see an improvement, but they do improve

with time................the sleeping issue is a sign of it affecting

the nervous system, (should improve with time)..............ezcema

happened only right after Miralax. I think time and water is the only

thing that can heal as there is no antidote for PEG.............my

heart goes out to you and your family

Is the doctor a GI or just a pedi? If she is just a pedi, then demand for her to send you to a gi. If she refers you, it usually only takes about a week to get in, if you try without a referral, they may not even see you. Deanna,Fort Worth, TexasMom to Cody age 10, Dx: EE (2/08), Guilliam Barre Syndrome(3/08), Epstein Barr Virus-Mono(6/08), Environmental Allergies (mountain cedar & cats)(3/08), Eczema (since birth).

To: miralax Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:02:46 PMSubject: Testing/what types

If you have pursued testing to get some answers regarding your child's constipation, what tests were done and by what doctor? My dd, who has been very healthy, seems to be deteriorating. She has dark circles under her eyes, doesn't eat well, is bruising easily, has been sleeping horribly. She has a rash around her mouth that I think may be eczema. It almost seems she may be having malabsorption issues. Of course, all of these things could relate to constipation except even when she's cleaned out, she is acting this way. I am wondering if she has a food intolerance or allergy. I have twice in the past cut out all dairy for 6 weeks and that didn't help. I think it is time for a visit to the doctor, but I'm not sure what to ask for. Stool panel, allergy testing, x-ray? None of this has been done because they just say it is withholding, but I know it isn't. I need to press for more this time. We have an

open network for our insurance, so I don't need referrals but I would prefer to find someone through my doctor because I do like her. Thanks,