RemedySpot.com

Re: Aloe Juice dosing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Suzan!! Aloe has been a life saver for our son for a while now!! We originally was scripted by a natural doc 1 ounce 2 times a day for at that time 5yrs old(9yrs now). I think about 2 tlbs is about 1 ounce. We have always measured by ounces. Our original aloe was s aloe juice(no taste/smell), we had immediate results with his reflux but very little with constipation. I discovered it is because it is to processed, to much taken out of the needed ingredients for constipation. I tried other forms and found the Wallmart brand to work good, close to whole form but not to bitter and resonable price. I have done much research on aloe and it seems to be something we can use often. If you are finding results with the amount you are using I would stick with that. We havent noticed to much on needing more with time except that he is older now and I well use a

little more sometimes, depending if he is backing up to much. Kinda go with your guts on this on how often to use. If 1 dose works than back off with it and take it day by day. We do use more on regular basis. We use 2 to 4 ounces depending on how he is doing, usually the 2 ounces more regular. My son has hirschsprungs so we have to work much harder than the norm to keep things soft/going so I suspect most may not even need that much in norm situations. I consider it a healthy juice, it is anti viral/bacteria and loaded with minerals ect. Also a natural anti inflammatory, so many of our children struggle with this when it comes to the GI. It is natural pain reliever also, this helps relieve gut/stomach pain also. Our family even uses it for headaches, menstrual cramps etc. Our son has had many test, scopes, biopsies, blood work ups etc. and nothing seems to be a side affect/problem with the aloe. There are tons of links on aloe juice

benefits. One thing I can say is to really encourage spring water with anything you use. Tap water is loaded with chlorine and is horrid on the good flora/bacteria in the gut(this is a BIG problem I think with most of our constipated kids, us too!)! I feel our kids not only need things to get the stool moving but to work on gi healing also(this is the cause to begin with). Aloe is a good start on the gut healing!! I sure hope this is something that is going to work for your daughter! Jennie<><

Subject: Aloe Juice dosingTo: miralax Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 5:11 AM

You guys are always so helpful. I've not been great about thankingeveryone for their help, but I've always appreciated all the adviceeveryone has given to my questions. So here's another one. I justgot some Aloe Juice and gave my 5 year old about a half a Tablespoonof it mixed in juice. It actually seemed to help, I think. Maybe itwas just good timing. But I'm curious, is aloe juice something thatcan be given daily, or does it work best to only use it when she needsit? Does it eventually stop working if you use it too much? Thanks.Suzan

Thanks for the dosing info and also the heads up on water. We have

one of those brita thingies on our faucet, but I suppose that's not

as good as spring water. I'll have to get some for her. Also thanks

for the info about Walmart's brand. I didn't even think they would

have it, but I will look for it because I just realized the brand I

got does have a taste and it's not that great! :)

Thanks!

Suzan

>

>

> Subject: Aloe Juice dosing

> To: miralax

> Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 5:11 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> You guys are always so helpful. I've not been great about thanking

> everyone for their help, but I've always appreciated all the advice

> everyone has given to my questions. So here's another one. I just

> got some Aloe Juice and gave my 5 year old about a half a Tablespoon

> of it mixed in juice. It actually seemed to help, I think. Maybe it

> was just good timing. But I'm curious, is aloe juice something that

> can be given daily, or does it work best to only use it when she

needs

> it? Does it eventually stop working if you use it too much? Thanks.

> Suzan

>