RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Colonoscopy Prep using Miralax

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son had a horrible experience with the halflytely (miralax). I strongly reccommend you not even consider using it...the mag citrate worked great, tastes better. They have flavors and you can mix it with sprite or 7up. It costs less than 2 dollars. Deanna,Fort Worth, TexasMom to Cody age 10, Dx: EE (2/08), Guilliam Barre Syndrome(3/08), Epstein Barr Virus-Mono(6/08), Environmental Allergies (mountain cedar & cats)(3/08), Eczema (since birth).

To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 9:33:08 AMSubject: Re: Colonoscopy Prep using Miralax

As an adult you can just tell them you refuse to use PEG and want to use something else like magnesium citrate. I know of some that still use the citrate and it works I think better as far as cleanout. The miralax takes longer for the cleanout and is dangerous. Doctors prefer the PEG due to it is easier(taste etc.)Not worth it! Even if it is just the one time it can cause neuro issues, heart issues(my son had this happen in 1 night with the peg being used for cleanout in hospital), it can drop the potassium levels so low you are at risk with your heart. He ended up in ICU due to this. Im not trying to scare you , but in knowing you can use the mag citrate instead makes more sense. Dont feel pressured to use, it is your body, your choice! We all can use a good dose of magnesium/cleanout with! Also I told my sons gastro how horrible he did on PEG and he still used it for his hospital stay(I didnt

realize golyghty was PEG at the time) and he had a little scare himself and now most likely believes us and wouldnt try again. Jennie<><>> Hello Everyone,> > I know the effects of Miralax on the kids but has anyone used the> Miralax for a colonoscopy prep? I'm scheduled for one next month and> told my GI that my son did not do well with the Miralax. She assures> me that I'll be fine since I'm not taking it daily like my son. But> goodness..I' m taking the entire bottle in ONE DAY! Please pass any> information along. Much appreciated!>

Deanna - do you use magnesium citrate daily or just as needed for your son? How fast does it work?Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: deanna gentry Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:28:19 -0800 (PST)To: <miralax >Subject: Re: Re: Colonoscopy Prep using Miralax My son had a horrible experience with the halflytely (miralax). I strongly reccommend you not even consider using it...the mag citrate worked great, tastes better. They have flavors and you can mix it with sprite or 7up. It costs less than 2 dollars. Deanna,Fort Worth, TexasMom to Cody age 10, Dx: EE (2/08), Guilliam Barre Syndrome(3/08), Epstein Barr Virus-Mono(6/08), Environmental Allergies (mountain cedar & cats)(3/08), Eczema (since birth).From: Jennie <mykidshisgift>To: miralax Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 9:33:08 AMSubject: Re: Colonoscopy Prep using MiralaxAs an adult you can just tell them you refuse to use PEG and want to use something else like magnesium citrate. I know of some that still use the citrate and it works I think better as far as cleanout. The miralax takes longer for the cleanout and is dangerous. Doctors prefer the PEG due to it is easier(taste etc.)Not worth it! Even if it is just the one time it can cause neuro issues, heart issues(my son had this happen in 1 night with the peg being used for cleanout in hospital), it can drop the potassium levels so low you are at risk with your heart. He ended up in ICU due to this. Im not trying to scare you , but in knowing you can use the mag citrate instead makes more sense. Dont feel pressured to use, it is your body, your choice! We all can use a good dose of magnesium/cleanout with! Also I told my sons gastro how horrible he did on PEG and he still used it for his hospital stay(I didnt realize golyghty was PEG at the time) and he had a little scare himself and now most likely believes us and wouldnt try again. Jennie<><>> Hello Everyone,> > I know the effects of Miralax on the kids but has anyone used the> Miralax for a colonoscopy prep? I'm scheduled for one next month and> told my GI that my son did not do well with the Miralax. She assures> me that I'll be fine since I'm not taking it daily like my son. But> goodness..I' m taking the entire bottle in ONE DAY! Please pass any> information along. Much appreciated!>