RemedySpot.com

Re: Anyone familiar with kristalose?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

this is lactulose. we used it for about 6 months - good results. it draws water into the colon to soften stool. my daughter said it tasted like bananas. we split up the dose so half was in the morning and half in the evening because otherwise they can get crampy with it. we eventually weened her off, though, and now only use it when she is backed up. (now we only use the kirkman's chewable probiotic and one probiobitic drink a day called goodbelly - have had GREAT results with the combo of the two - sorry the probiotics not working for you - maybe try a different strain???) good luck.

http://www.kristalose.com/product-info.phpNone of the natural interventions are working for us. The GI isrecommending we start this product. Anyone familiar with this? It

contains an artificial sweetener which is an immediate turn-off, butour child is hardly able to function at this point due to alternatingextreme constipation, diarrhea (from probiotics) and near constantleakage. He refuses MOM and natural calm. Miralax made him completely

different with extreme irritability and OCD, but it worked. We aregetting desperate as he is regressing in toileting skills, refusing toeat or separate from me. Colonoscopy results normal. He had normalstools for a week post clean-out, then back to the same old

impaction/leakage syndrome. What the heck is going on?Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you! Which chewable from Kirk's and where do you get the drinks?

>

> > http://www.kristalose.com/product-info.php

> >

> > None of the natural interventions are working for us. The GI is

> > recommending we start this product. Anyone familiar with this? It

> > contains an artificial sweetener which is an immediate turn-off, but

> > our child is hardly able to function at this point due to alternating

> > extreme constipation, diarrhea (from probiotics) and near constant

> > leakage. He refuses MOM and natural calm. Miralax made him completely

> > different with extreme irritability and OCD, but it worked. We are

> > getting desperate as he is regressing in toileting skills, refusing to

> > eat or separate from me. Colonoscopy results normal. He had normal

> > stools for a week post clean-out, then back to the same old

> > impaction/leakage syndrome. What the heck is going on?

> >

> > Any input would be much appreciated.

> >

> >

> >

>

http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/ViewProductDetails@Product_ID@184@Product_Group_ID@... - this is the probiotic.

http://www.goodbelly.com/ - this is the goodbelly. we get it at whole foods. my daughter loves loves loves the strawberry one. each day she has one when she gets home from school and poops in the afternoon. she has even started going on the potty - YAY! she has the probiotic before bed. for whatever reason, the combo of these two has been keeping her pretty regular and making it really easy to poop. i am super super happy with this routine. good luck.

Thank you! Which chewable from Kirk's and where do you get the drinks? > > > http://www.kristalose.com/product-info.php> >> > None of the natural interventions are working for us. The GI is

> > recommending we start this product. Anyone familiar with this? It> > contains an artificial sweetener which is an immediate turn-off, but> > our child is hardly able to function at this point due to alternating

> > extreme constipation, diarrhea (from probiotics) and near constant> > leakage. He refuses MOM and natural calm. Miralax made him completely> > different with extreme irritability and OCD, but it worked. We are

> > getting desperate as he is regressing in toileting skills, refusing to> > eat or separate from me. Colonoscopy results normal. He had normal> > stools for a week post clean-out, then back to the same old

> > impaction/leakage syndrome. What the heck is going on?> >> > Any input would be much appreciated.> >> > > >>

how long have you been using the GoodBelly? how much do you give per

day? my son was 3 in october and he is a withholder. we are potty

training and he is doing pretty good, but he is still inconsisten in

his pooping on the potty. i am giving him the kirkmans chewable

wafer daily and plumsmart juice, but i feel like i still dont have it

figured out, though he is doing much better. i am interested in this

goodbelly drink.

thanks, kelly

>

> > http://www.kristalose.com/product-info.php

> >

> > None of the natural interventions are working for us. The GI is

> > recommending we start this product. Anyone familiar with this? It

> > contains an artificial sweetener which is an immediate turn-off,

but

> > our child is hardly able to function at this point due to

alternating

> > extreme constipation, diarrhea (from probiotics) and near constant

> > leakage. He refuses MOM and natural calm. Miralax made him

completely

> > different with extreme irritability and OCD, but it worked. We are

> > getting desperate as he is regressing in toileting skills,

refusing to

> > eat or separate from me. Colonoscopy results normal. He had normal

> > stools for a week post clean-out, then back to the same old

> > impaction/leakage syndrome. What the heck is going on?

> >

> > Any input would be much appreciated.

> >

> >

> >

>

what have they come up with now................see warning signs: (sparks?) and it also states safety and effectiveness in children has not been established. The refusing to eat is most likely a side affect from the liquid plastic (Miralax) This was a huge issue for us, you could see the nausea alone in the expression on her face and it happens quite often to this day...............almost nine years later. They anxiety in the separation issue is also a side affect from Miralax, they seem to go through a panic and paranoia, and scared mode. I believe you when you say Miralax made him totally different, I've seen it myself and I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that can agree with that. I would keep trying anything but Miralax, if he's showing signs you're talking about, any more is only doing more damage. What OCD things is he doing?

Jeanie

Subject: Anyone familiar with kristalose?To: miralax Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 1:13 PM

http://www.kristalo se.com/product- info.phpNone of the natural interventions are working for us. The GI isrecommending we start this product. Anyone familiar with this? It contains an artificial sweetener which is an immediate turn-off, butour child is hardly able to function at this point due to alternatingextreme constipation, diarrhea (from probiotics) and near constantleakage. He refuses MOM and natural calm. Miralax made him completelydifferent with extreme irritability and OCD, but it worked. We aregetting desperate as he is regressing in toileting skills, refusing toeat or separate from me. Colonoscopy results normal. He had normalstools for a week post clean-out, then back to the same oldimpaction/leakage syndrome. What the heck is going on?Any input would be much

appreciated.

Ask your doctor to tell you everything about this, see precautions etc. I do know that this can ferment in the gut and It states that hypernatremia can occur..........you need to know what to look for................I'd take this over Miralax, but I don't like the way it states it can ignite if hydrogen builds up and it's combined with a spark? Many people take lactulose, it's usually a liquid and turns the bm's orange, I wonder why he recommended crystals to mix? This wouldn't be very easy to give a child? The other one is already mixed? You say the probiotics gave diarrhea...............did you cut back to see if it helped? The reason I'm asking is xylitol gives a laxative affect................

From: mom2boysplano <emilyrhillhotmail (DOT) com>Subject: Anyone familiar with kristalose?To: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 1:13 PM

http://www.kristalo se.com/product- info.phpNone of the natural interventions are working for us. The GI isrecommending we start this product. Anyone familiar with this? It contains an artificial sweetener which is an immediate turn-off, butour child is hardly able to function at this point due to alternatingextreme constipation, diarrhea (from probiotics) and near constantleakage. He refuses MOM and natural calm. Miralax made him completelydifferent with extreme irritability and OCD, but it worked. We aregetting desperate as he is regressing in toileting skills, refusing toeat or separate from me. Colonoscopy results normal. He had normalstools for a week post clean-out, then back to the same oldimpaction/leakage syndrome. What the heck is going on?Any input would be much

appreciated.

we started the goodbelly right after someone here mentioned it. i had passed it by a bunch of times at the market and wondered about it. i think it has been about two weeks now. if your son is only just three, if it were me (and i am NOT a doctor - so this is entirely my opinion) i would not worry about the potty training. our daughter is going to be 4 in january and we are only now encouraging it - it is more impt that they poop than that they poop in the potty. for the past 4 days she has pooped in hte potty every day, though. so i am very encouraged. but she has done this before - pooped every day in the potty for a week, then a month, no potty, and then back on and so on. i just keep telling myself that she isn't going to go off to college asking for a diaper to poop in. anyway - so the goodbelly. she drinks the little container of the strawberry every afternoon and the kirkman's at night. it is sort of pricey, but i think it is helping a lot. i think it is just a little extra probiotic to help things along. hope that helps. good luck. dana

how long have you been using the GoodBelly? how much do you give per day? my son was 3 in october and he is a withholder. we are potty training and he is doing pretty good, but he is still inconsisten in his pooping on the potty. i am giving him the kirkmans chewable

wafer daily and plumsmart juice, but i feel like i still dont have it figured out, though he is doing much better. i am interested in this goodbelly drink.thanks, kelly> > > http://www.kristalose.com/product-info.php> >> > None of the natural interventions are working for us. The GI is

> > recommending we start this product. Anyone familiar with this? It> > contains an artificial sweetener which is an immediate turn-off, but> > our child is hardly able to function at this point due to

alternating> > extreme constipation, diarrhea (from probiotics) and near constant> > leakage. He refuses MOM and natural calm. Miralax made him completely> > different with extreme irritability and OCD, but it worked. We are

> > getting desperate as he is regressing in toileting skills, refusing to> > eat or separate from me. Colonoscopy results normal. He had normal> > stools for a week post clean-out, then back to the same old

> > impaction/leakage syndrome. What the heck is going on?> >> > Any input would be much appreciated.> >> > > >>

i was looking at Goodbelly at Whole Foods yesterday and it contains Oats.

I'm wondering if it would be problematic for those on GFCF?

Kathy

Re: Anyone familiar with kristalose?

> how long have you been using the GoodBelly? how much do you give per

> day? my son was 3 in october and he is a withholder. we are potty

> training and he is doing pretty good, but he is still inconsisten in

> his pooping on the potty. i am giving him the kirkmans chewable

> wafer daily and plumsmart juice, but i feel like i still dont have it

> figured out, though he is doing much better. i am interested in this

> goodbelly drink.

>

> thanks, kelly

>

>

>

>>

>> > http://www.kristalose.com/product-info.php

>> >

>> > None of the natural interventions are working for us. The GI is

>> > recommending we start this product. Anyone familiar with this? It

>> > contains an artificial sweetener which is an immediate turn-off,

> but

>> > our child is hardly able to function at this point due to

> alternating

>> > extreme constipation, diarrhea (from probiotics) and near constant

>> > leakage. He refuses MOM and natural calm. Miralax made him

> completely

>> > different with extreme irritability and OCD, but it worked. We are

>> > getting desperate as he is regressing in toileting skills,

> refusing to

>> > eat or separate from me. Colonoscopy results normal. He had normal

>> > stools for a week post clean-out, then back to the same old

>> > impaction/leakage syndrome. What the heck is going on?

>> >

>> > Any input would be much appreciated.

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

I did want to add that I was under the impression that Lactulose was supposively a very safe medication, but after reading the warning signs, I'm not so sure...............

From: mom2boysplano <emilyrhillhotmail (DOT) com>Subject: Anyone familiar with kristalose?To: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 1:13 PM

appreciated.