RemedySpot.com

Tests to confirm ethylene-glycol poisoning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The CT scan sounds very promising, because of all the reading I have done and the swelling of the brain that takes place with PEG toxicity. I have read that the two populations most effected by brain swelling are the elderly, male and female and teenage boys. The boys have brains that are the size they will be as adults, but the skulls are much smaller and have quite a bit of growth/enlarging over the next several years.Central nervous irritability is a big problem with a large brain enclosed in a small, undeveloped skull.Arterial Blood Gas:This is a blood test taken from the radial artery in the wrist or can be taken from the femoral artery. It can be rather painful, because it is not a venous stick, but deep into an artery for a blood sample. Heavy pressure for at least five minutes must be applied after the sample is taken. This would reveal a metabolic acidosis (a documented adverse reaction reported over and over to the FDA) which would confirm something very wrong.I think it would be a definitive test, if it came back abnormal.Everything I have read talks about how the body has this incredible ability to self-correct these problems on it's own.The true dilemma is that each day the body actually 'rectifies' the poison, we go back and re-poison them!!!!The body can only fight so long and can only take so much!I get furious just thinking about how we have to convince people that this is happening!Those who should understand it the most are the reluctant ones!If it is so unbelievable, then run the tests and prove us all wrong. "Do no harm"Check for Ketones-don't know how this plays into it all, but any nurse in the hospital can check this with a urine sample over test paper easy enough to find, no cost with immediate resultsCheck urine under the microscope for oxalate crystals-Jeannie knows about this one.The lab can easily do this!Exams

and Tests

Ethylene glycol toxicity should be suspected in anyone

who is severely ill after drinking an unknown substance, especially if they at

first appear drunk and do not have a smell of alcohol on their breath.

Diagnosis of ethylene glycol toxicity is usually made

through a combination of blood, urine, and other tests such as:

·

Arterial blood gas analysis

·

CHEM-7

·

Chest

x-ray (shows fluids in the lungs)

·

Complete

blood count (CBC)