RemedySpot.com

Re: What's A Person To Do?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We reached this point also. Bear in mind that Miralax is available over the counter and is often prescribed for only occasional constipation, so many people on this list (I think) are dealing with more minor constipation that CAN be dealt with in all sorts of other ways. But some children, like my daughter, have very severe chronic constipation that can't be explained by doctors. (The closest we came to an explanation is that she's double-jointed and double-jointed kids are more prone to constipation--that, and we suspect vaccines played a role.) We are coping with Miralax right now because it does seem like there isn't any other option--for now. And just watching and monitoring for potential side effects (like insomnia, which we have noticed). What else can you do? All drugs have side effects and it's true for all drugs that they aren't worth taking except as a last resort. But for us we are at the last resort stage.

Bonnie-----Original Message-----From: gronk73@...Sent: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 02:28:15 -0000To: miralax Subject: What's A Person To Do?

What's a person to do if while being aware of the possible pitfalls of Miralax, the fact might remain that perhaps Miralax might be the only thing that does the job?

Staying plugged up is NOT an option.

Tom

Free Online Photosharing - Share your photos online with your friends and family!

Visit http://www.inbox.com/photosharing to find out more!

Guest guest

Here I am responding to my own post. I have been reading about something called

lactulose. It appears to be a safe alternative to Miralax. Does anyone have

any experience with this product?

It's a prescription item in the US but not for those who live in Canada.

Tom

>

> What's a person to do if while being aware of the possible pitfalls of

Miralax, the fact might remain that perhaps Miralax might be the only thing that

does the job?

>

> Staying plugged up is NOT an option.

>

> Tom

>

Guest guest

No...17 cap fulls is not a typo...the nurse practitioner heading up the constipation clinic specified it in 3 differant letters to doctors. My 9 year old son almost didn't survive.

Steph

17 capfuls? Is that a typo??? I'm talking about four teaspoons. Bonnie

What's A Person To Do?

What's a person to do if while being aware of the possible pitfalls of Miralax, the fact might remain that perhaps Miralax might be the only thing that does the job?

Tom

Free 3D Earth Screensaver

Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/earth

Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver

Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/marineaquarium

Guest guest

That's terrible. I'm very sorry to hear it. How is your son doing now? Bonnie What's A Person To Do?

Tom

Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver

Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/marineaquarium