RemedySpot.com

Re: Substitute for Vitamin D and Calcium

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh, really? Thanks for the tip on cheese. My daughter loves cream cheese and it makes for a quick lunch when I need it. I guess milk is the hardest dairy to digest for some? Thank you.

From: miralax [mailto:miralax ] On Behalf Of nattalie owensSent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:57 PMTo: miralax Subject: Re: Substitute for Vitamin D and Calcium

My daughter does almond milk. Another good one is fortified fruit juice, I know oj is one and I believe that others are in the juice department. You might find that your okay with cheese, it has enzymes in it and it can be much easier to digest, or atleast it is for us.

Subject: Substitute for Vitamin D and CalciumTo: miralax Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 11:08 AM

I was wondering... for those of you who have taken your children off of dairy (due to constipation) what have you substituted for the vitamins and nutrients from milk? I'm worried that my daughter isn't getting enough Vitamin D or Calcium from her current diet.

Thanks!

Natalia

and beware of anything with reduced fat!!! use full fat only. when they take the fat out of dairy, the lactose condenses which is super hard to digest.

Oh, really? Thanks for the tip on cheese. My daughter loves cream cheese and it makes for a quick lunch when I need it. I guess milk is the hardest dairy to digest for some? Thank you.

From: miralax [mailto:miralax ] On Behalf Of nattalie owensSent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:57 PMTo: miralax Subject: Re: Substitute for Vitamin D and Calcium

My daughter does almond milk. Another good one is fortified fruit juice, I know oj is one and I believe that others are in the juice department. You might find that your okay with cheese, it has enzymes in it and it can be much easier to digest, or atleast it is for us.

Subject: Substitute for Vitamin D and CalciumTo: miralax Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 11:08 AM

I was wondering... for those of you who have taken your children off of dairy (due to constipation) what have you substituted for the vitamins and nutrients from milk? I'm worried that my daughter isn't getting enough Vitamin D or Calcium from her current diet.

Thanks!

Natalia

but please remember it's not just the lactose (milk sugar) that can be

a problem - casein and whey components (milk proteins) are problematic

for many.

please check out this before trying cheese if you think dairy is a

possible problem:

http://www.parentsofallergicchildren.org/allergy_to_casein_or_whey.htm

best,

> >

> >

> > Subject: Substitute for Vitamin D and Calcium

> > To: miralax

> > Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 11:08 AM

> >

> > I was wondering... for those of you who have taken your children

off of

> > dairy (due to constipation) what have you substituted for the

vitamins and

> > nutrients from milk? I'm worried that my daughter isn't getting enough

> > Vitamin D or Calcium from her current diet.

> >

> > Thanks!

> >

> > Natalia

> >

> >

> >

> >

>