RemedySpot.com

Steriods

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am also a type 2 diabetic but since being pregnant I haven't been able to get off of insulin. I've tried the oral meds but my sugars were outta control so they added the insulin. Since then Ive just stopped taking the oral meds (I HATE swollowing pills) but when I had my 3 steriod (total in less than 8 months) injections oh my!! my sugars went off the charts for several weeks :( I was taking triple of my insulin just to keep up.

I hope everyone is doing well today,

Milwaukee, WI

Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

Hi

I was only boarderline diabetic with my pregnancies. I wouldnt know what to do with myself if I had to give myself shots. That is horrible. Is it under contorl right now or are you still getting steroid injections?? Well thanks for wishing us all well. I do have to say that I have not been online much because my condition is getting worse. last night was so bad the muscle spasms and pain were excrutiating. The leg pain is off the pain charts. I have to go to the doctor I am just afraid. Taking the dredged ride is the worst though it takes over an hour to either of his offices and depending on traffic depends on how much longer it would take. Not including the wait in the office. That is a JOKE. well I do hope everyone else is doing ok. I havent seen Katrina post either. I know she is getting ready for her surgery. Katrina if your are reading the emails just know I am thinking and praying for you as for the rest of the group

you are in ky prayers too.

Sincerely Janine In Cali Goodman <moon_angel_goddess27@...> wrote:

I am also a type 2 diabetic but since being pregnant I haven't been able to get off of insulin. I've tried the oral meds but my sugars were outta control so they added the insulin. Since then Ive just stopped taking the oral meds (I HATE swollowing pills) but when I had my 3 steriod (total in less than 8 months) injections oh my!! my sugars went off the charts for several weeks :( I was taking triple of my insulin just to keep up.

Milwaukee, WI

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing that info. It will give me a bit of ammunition

when I finally see an orthopaedist. I'm having enough trouble with

blood sugar control without adding steroids to make it even crazier!

> I am also a type 2 diabetic but since being pregnant I haven't been

able to get off of insulin. I've tried the oral meds but my sugars

were outta control so they added the insulin. Since then Ive just

stopped taking the oral meds (I HATE swollowing pills) but when I had

my 3 steriod (total in less than 8 months) injections oh my!! my

sugars went off the charts for several weeks :( I was taking triple

of my insulin just to keep up.

>

> I hope everyone is doing well today,

>

>

> Milwaukee, WI

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

hi Janine,

No im all done with the steriods and my sugars have gotten back to where they should be :) and so far so good with my pain i take each as it comes. I do hope you find some type of relief from the pain. so far my pain is actually pretty good i just have alot of numbness in my left leg and foot and if i turn wrong i have pain that will shoot down my right along with numbness. But 4 days ago I made a drastic move with my pain killers. I stopped taking them. I just wanted to see exactlly how bad my pain was and ironicaly its not as bad as when i was taken the pills- ive been doing alot of icing and anti inflamitory OTC pill to help out with the swelling.

I feel bad knowing how much pain you all are in (and knowing what that pain feels like) I dont want anything thinkin im bragging because im not i even wondered if i should say anything about it for fear that it might be taken the wrong way. I figure if I can find one thing each day to bring a smile to my face it makes me look forward to my next. And I just can't handle my memory losses. I hope everyones day is going well.

Janine Newman <jnewmans1@...> wrote:

Hi

I was only boarderline diabetic with my pregnancies. I wouldnt know what to do with myself if I had to give myself shots. That is horrible. Is it under contorl right now or are you still getting steroid injections?? Well thanks for wishing us all well. I do have to say that I have not been online much because my condition is getting worse. last night was so bad the muscle spasms and pain were excrutiating. The leg pain is off the pain charts. I have to go to the doctor I am just afraid. Taking the dredged ride is the worst though it takes over an hour to either of his offices and depending on traffic depends on how much longer it would take. Not including the wait in the office. That is a JOKE. well I do hope everyone else is doing ok. I havent seen Katrina post either. I know she is getting ready for her surgery. Katrina if your are reading the emails just know I am thinking and praying for you as for the rest of the group

Milwaukee, WI

Guest guest

no problem.. diabetics have enough to worry about along with having problems in the back. Have a great day

<ccraven@...> wrote:

Hi ,Thanks for sharing that info. It will give me a bit of ammunition when I finally see an orthopaedist. I'm having enough trouble with blood sugar control without adding steroids to make it even crazier!> I am also a type 2 diabetic but since being pregnant I haven't been able to get off of insulin. I've tried the oral meds but my sugars were outta control so they added the insulin. Since then Ive just stopped taking the oral meds (I HATE swollowing pills) but when I had my 3 steriod (total in less than 8 months) injections oh my!! my sugars went off the charts for several weeks :( I was taking triple of my insulin just to keep up.> > I hope everyone is doing

well today,> > > Milwaukee, WI > > > > > ---------------------------------> Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

Hi You should never worry about the things you say. If you are doing well enough you should talk about it. I feel this group is for advice, support, bad news, good news, and GREAT NEWS I feel you doing what you did with the meds and being brave enough to endure the possible pain that could of occured. You in my book are awsome. I am so happy that you are having better days and that you look for the things that can make you smile I am glad to hear that your sugars are under control also. I cant write too much these days it hurts for me to do anything for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time. So if you all see a response from me and it is a short one please dont take offense to it. I did however buy a new mattress yesterday. I cant handle it anymore. It is suppose to be here on Monday. We will see if that helps me at all. I have not made an appointment for the doc. He does however know what is going on with me because my husband had to go and see him on Wednesday and they

asked him how I was doing. So he spilled his guts about what I am going through and they are waiting for me to call them he is wanting to see me. I figured I would wait until Monday I am just so affraid of what he is going to tell me. Well I better go my legs are going to sleep I have to get up and move around. Katrina I am praying for you girl. Hang in there it will be all ok. and we will be here when you are able to get back online. What time do you go in? It is tuesday right?? I will pray for you that morning also. just know that we are here for you and that we are prying for you. Do you have a laptop? that works wonders for me to carry with me when I was in bed for all those hours after surgery. Well group I will talk to you soon take care of yourselves and have a GREAT weekend

Sincerely Janine In Cali

Goodman <moon_angel_goddess27@...> wrote:

hi Janine,

No im all done with the steriods and my sugars have gotten back to where they should be :) and so far so good with my pain i take each as it comes. I do hope you find some type of relief from the pain. so far my pain is actually pretty good i just have alot of numbness in my left leg and foot and if i turn wrong i have pain that will shoot down my right along with numbness. But 4 days ago I made a drastic move with my pain killers. I stopped taking them. I just wanted to see exactlly how bad my pain was and ironicaly its not as bad as when i was taken the pills- ive been doing alot of icing and anti inflamitory OTC pill to help out with the swelling.

I feel bad knowing how much pain you all are in (and knowing what that pain feels like) I dont want anything thinkin im bragging because im not i even wondered if i should say anything about it for fear that it might be taken the wrong way. I figure if I can find one thing each day to bring a smile to my face it makes me look forward to my next. And I just can't handle my memory losses. I hope everyones day is going well.

Janine Newman <jnewmans1@...> wrote:

Hi

Milwaukee, WI

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Allergists would have loved to have put me on steriods the rest of my life too.

I moved and found an EI doctor. I avoid traditional allergists now. Getting

dexamethasone injected is the less of two evils IMO. There are injections of it

that will last a couple of weeks. Steriods will damage your liver, your bones

and everything else if you read a PDR about them. Guess you should google it.

Alice

>

> Joe,

> You do know that after a few weeks following his taking prednisone,

> your Dad will still have an allergic reaction to the mold UNLESS you

> eradicate it.

>

I guess that I didn't make it clear, in my posting, that he got rid of

the car. But, I DID say that he has to be on Prednisone for the rest of

his life, or the headaches return, immediately, once he stops taking

the Prednisone. We found this out, through trial and error.

------------------------------------

FAIR USE NOTICE:

• 11 months later...
Guest guest

The letter I read did not attack Congressman Waxman

personally and I didn’t find it hostile in tone at all.  This letter merely points out the

consequences of his hearings on steroids. 

Our public officials need to hear what their constituents think and they

need to be made aware of the results of their “lawmaking.â€Â  Politicians have thick skins, or should I

say myopia, that they use to gloss over any criticism.  If the rest of the country been a tenth

interested in what congress does, like the HIV/AIDS community has been in the

past, we wouldn’t have the banking crisis we’re experiencing today. I say send

the letter.