RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: white oxalates in diaper

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is why we avoided the siezure meds and used an as needed rectal med for siezures. Now with gut healing he is close to siezure free! is the depakote for siezures or other issues? If there is no obstruction causing the siezures(there not sure what is causing them), then I would really consider natural to help control them and even if not for siezures natural may still work for other issues. Jennie<><

Subject: Re: white oxalates in diaperTo: miralax Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 1:34 AM

Looks like Depakote could be causing constipation along with a lot of other issues.From the Physicians Desk ReferenceDepakote side effects may include:Abdominal pain, abnormal thinking, breathing difficulty, bronchitis, bruising, constipation, depression, diarrhea, dizziness, emotional changeability, fever, flu symptoms, hair loss, headache, incoordination, indigestion, infection, insomnia, loss of appetite, memory loss, nasal inflammation, nausea, nervousness, ringing in the ears, sleepiness, sore throat, tremor, vision problems, vomiting, weakness, weight loss or gain.Sounds like a really strong drug....>> I was wondering, would Depakote sprinkles do this as well, I mean, not get processed and come out in diaper?

is on these as well, so not sure. I > am thinking its not Depakote and more Miralax, because it gets less and less and seems to burn, I cannot find any literature at all about Depakote in stools and burning.> >

We have had really good luck with the activator chiro work for constipation. We really havent had a problem with constipation since we started it. I am really pleased with the results.

Subject: Re: white oxalates in diaperTo: miralax Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 9:22 AM

Angie wasn't ever diagnosed with seizures really, when she had an EEG,there was abnormal activity recorded, and that was all I was told.They keep wanting to do EEG's on her, which will not happen. It took 2hours to hook her up, it was a 24 hour EEG, and then she had to weararm restraints the whole 24 hours so as to not pull the leads off. Theneuro doesn't get how awful this is. I think I will give them a call,say she has constipation, and ask about something else. I know theonly way we will know if she needs it is another EEG, but I cannot puther through that again. Why do docs not care about this part ofmedicine????It looks like it may also be the Depakote causing her troubles. WOW!> >> > I was wondering, would Depakote sprinkles do this as well, I mean, > not get processed and come out in diaper? is on these as > well, so not sure. I > am thinking its not Depakote and more > Miralax, because it gets less and less and seems

to burn, I cannot > find any literature at all about Depakote in stools and burning.> > > >>

I know this is not part of the discussion. Sezuires and atlas/axis neck misalignments are strongly related. There a ton of families that get a ton of relief from sezuires through both upper cervical adjustments and cranial sacral work. Some get complete resolution, some get things greatly improved, all of the ones I have read about get improvement. Thing only thing I can tell you is to use a chiro that uses a very gentle method like activator or nucca. You might want to consider investing some time and calling some local practioners and see what they say.

Good luck, my heart goes out to you.

Subject: Re: white oxalates in diaperTo: miralax Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 3:34 AM

Looks like Depakote could be causing constipation along with a lot of other issues.From the Physicians Desk ReferenceDepakote side effects may include:Abdominal pain, abnormal thinking, breathing difficulty, bronchitis, bruising, constipation, depression, diarrhea, dizziness, emotional changeability, fever, flu symptoms, hair loss, headache, incoordination, indigestion, infection, insomnia, loss of appetite, memory loss, nasal inflammation, nausea, nervousness, ringing in the ears, sleepiness, sore throat, tremor, vision problems, vomiting, weakness, weight loss or gain.Sounds like a really strong drug....>> I was wondering, would Depakote sprinkles do this as well, I mean, not get processed and come out in diaper?

is on these as well, so not sure. I > am thinking its not Depakote and more Miralax, because it gets less and less and seems to burn, I cannot find any literature at all about Depakote in stools and burning.> >

I have heard of these 24hr eeg's. Our son was just done under 1/2 hour or so and they seen the activity. Im thinking 24hrs isnt neccessary. He has eeg's that have shown activity and some that dont show anything(but still had seizures). Our neuro didnt script him on the activity, but was pretty confident this would lead to seizures and it did. But even with siezures he ok'd as needed rectal med for the grand mals. The petits are not to much to worry about unless they are cronic. I just dont think this is neccessary for your daughter(24hrs eeg), but I am not the doc and he does no best. I guess im thinking that just because 1 test showed the activity that doesnt mean more test well show anything and im thinking.... medications(very strong ones at that). I can tell you that our sons brain activity/seizures are almost none now. Do you use magnesium(this calms the

brain and of course loosens the stools). Also what about antifungals/virals etc. These are being prooved to be a leading cause for brain activity/siezures healing. I truely believe this is why our sons is almost completely gone(the seizures). I understand the putting tests off, we did this with our sons deep biopsies(had already been through 2). It just drives me nuts, all the tests(he has other medical issues also). We just went through 2 hospital stays totalling 2wks and befor you knew it it is long past and he has gotten past that and happy as can be. Maybe the next eeg wont be the 24hr one. Tell them you only want to do the short one! What determined your daughter needed the eeg(if you dont mind me asking)? Jennie<><

Subject: Re: white oxalates in diaperTo: miralax Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 7:22 AM

Angie wasn't ever diagnosed with seizures really, when she had an EEG,there was abnormal activity recorded, and that was all I was told.They keep wanting to do EEG's on her, which will not happen. It took 2hours to hook her up, it was a 24 hour EEG, and then she had to weararm restraints the whole 24 hours so as to not pull the leads off. Theneuro doesn't get how awful this is. I think I will give them a call,say she has constipation, and ask about something else. I know theonly way we will know if she needs it is another EEG, but I cannot puther through that again. Why do docs not care about this part ofmedicine????It looks like it may also be the Depakote causing her troubles. WOW!> >> > I was wondering, would Depakote sprinkles do this as well, I mean, > not get processed and come out in diaper? is on these as > well, so not sure. I > am thinking its not Depakote and more > Miralax, because it gets less and less and seems

to burn, I cannot > find any literature at all about Depakote in stools and burning.> > > >>

My son has had far more than 24 hours of EEG. Sometimes it's absolutely necessary. And it sucks.

At least one epilepsy disorder requires a sleep EEG for diagnosis (CSWS).

I agree - they suck, and docs rarely get how hard it is. If you think you can see how much it's happening yourself, and the amount of seizure control you have now isn't dangerous, and you are trying alternative methods - I could see refusing to do more EEG's for sure.

Sharry

Re: white oxalates in diaperTo: miralax Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 7:22 AM

Angie wasn't ever diagnosed with seizures really, when she had an EEG,there was abnormal activity recorded, and that was all I was told.They keep wanting to do EEG's on her, which will not happen. It took 2hours to hook her up, it was a 24 hour EEG, and then she had to weararm restraints the whole 24 hours so as to not pull the leads off. Theneuro doesn't get how awful this is. I think I will give them a call,say she has constipation, and ask about something else. I know theonly way we will know if she needs it is another EEG, but I cannot puther through that again. Why do docs not care about this part ofmedicine????It looks like it may also be the Depakote causing her troubles. WOW!> >> > I was wondering, would Depakote sprinkles do this as well, I mean, > not get processed and come out in diaper? is on these as > well, so not sure. I > am thinking its not Depakote and more > Miralax, because it gets less and less and seems to burn, I cannot > find any literature at all about Depakote in stools and burning.> > > >>