RemedySpot.com

Re: Flaxseed oil - 15 month old won't take it

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I myself think the swollen tummy is a result of Miralax use, It's been almost 9 years and we still have more gas than you can imagine, swollen tummy that sound like a hollow drum if you tap it? I thought it might help to give a probiotic, seems to help but never the less, it's still an issue..................I'm sure they will tell you it's gas.....................I believe Kondromel is a type of mineral oil but can't remember now

Subject: Flaxseed oil - 15 month old won't take itTo: miralax Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 6:41 PM

My 15 month old takes prunes, pears or peaches everyday (full jar of Gerber 3rd stage). She also drinks tons of water. She STILL holds in her bowels and when she goes, she cries. I don't blame her as they are large and a bit on the hard side (blood sometimes appears too).We bought flaxseed oil to put in her bottle, but it floats to the top - even after I keep shaking it during her feeding and then near the end of her bottle, she stops and starts to gag on the oil. I tried putting it in her baby fruit and she could taste it again.Any ideas on how to get this flaxseed oil in her.Also....the pediatrician recommended Kondremul. Is this safe - I never heard of it??? I have an appt for her tomorrow to have them give her a good check over for any fissures or tears. I would love her stomach to get x-rayed too as her stomach always seems swollen to

me.

Since activator chiro. My kids tummy rumbles growls burps bloating have subsided. Good riddens to almost 4 years of that with my daughter.

From: bonniepard <bonniepardyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Flaxseed oil - 15 month old won't take itTo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 6:41 PM

My 15 month old takes prunes, pears or peaches everyday (full jar of Gerber 3rd stage). She also drinks tons of water. She STILL holds in her bowels and when she goes, she cries. I don't blame her as they are large and a bit on the hard side (blood sometimes appears too).We bought flaxseed oil to put in her bottle, but it floats to the top - even after I keep shaking it during her feeding and then near the end of her bottle, she stops and starts to gag on the oil. I tried putting it in her baby fruit and she could taste it again.Any ideas on how to get this flaxseed oil in her.Also....the pediatrician recommended Kondremul. Is this safe - I never heard of it??? I have an appt for her tomorrow to have them give her a good check over for any fissures or tears. I would love her stomach to get x-rayed too as her stomach always seems swollen to

me.

With my son not being able to chew we resort to a syringe for many

things if it cant be mixed in his food. She may not like it still as

you mentioned but it is quick and over with. To make the taste easier

maybe take some of her baby food and mix a little together with the

flax and uptake in the syringe. If you try this be sure and put

inside her check area on the side of her tongue, this helps with less

spitting/going in wrong and coughing etc. Also pedia sure is a good

masker for many supplements! Her stools are most likely large from

cronic constipation and stretching of the intestines. Have you

considered other things for children that are flavored. Im thinking

that oil type movers well just tend to lubricate the hard stuff

unless mixed in with the food, this is what seemed to be the

situation with mineral oil when we used this for our son years ago,

so still big but just lubricated. Jennie<><

>

> My 15 month old takes prunes, pears or peaches everyday (full jar

of

> Gerber 3rd stage). She also drinks tons of water. She STILL holds

in

> her bowels and when she goes, she cries. I don't blame her as they

are

> large and a bit on the hard side (blood sometimes appears too).

>

> We bought flaxseed oil to put in her bottle, but it floats to the

top -

> even after I keep shaking it during her feeding and then near the

end

> of her bottle, she stops and starts to gag on the oil. I tried

putting

> it in her baby fruit and she could taste it again.

>

> Any ideas on how to get this flaxseed oil in her.

>

> Also....the pediatrician recommended Kondremul. Is this safe - I

never

> heard of it??? I have an appt for her tomorrow to have them give

her a

> good check over for any fissures or tears. I would love her

stomach to

> get x-rayed too as her stomach always seems swollen to me.

>

We had good luck with the liquid glycerin infant suppositories. They ease the release of the stool and cause the baby to push. When my son was at his worst we did this to prevent very painful stools. Our ped said it was safe to do daily. We eventually had luck with resolving some pelvis and low back issues with an activator.com chiro doctor and we no longer need to do it. I just give him 4 to 6 ounces of apple juice a day now and he is fine. Good luck. Ps the liquid glycerin worked waaaay better for us than the plugs.

Subject: Re: Flaxseed oil - 15 month old won't take itTo: miralax Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 9:54 PM

With my son not being able to chew we resort to a syringe for many things if it cant be mixed in his food. She may not like it still as you mentioned but it is quick and over with. To make the taste easier maybe take some of her baby food and mix a little together with the flax and uptake in the syringe. If you try this be sure and put inside her check area on the side of her tongue, this helps with less spitting/going in wrong and coughing etc. Also pedia sure is a good masker for many supplements! Her stools are most likely large from cronic constipation and stretching of the intestines. Have you considered other things for children that are flavored. Im thinking that oil type movers well just tend to lubricate the hard stuff unless mixed in with the food, this is what seemed to be the situation with mineral oil when we used this for our son years ago, so still big but just lubricated.

Jennie<><>> My 15 month old takes prunes, pears or peaches everyday (full jar of > Gerber 3rd stage). She also drinks tons of water. She STILL holds in > her bowels and when she goes, she cries. I don't blame her as they are > large and a bit on the hard side (blood sometimes appears too).> > We bought flaxseed oil to put in her bottle, but it floats to the top - > even after I keep shaking it during her feeding and then near the end > of her bottle, she stops and starts to gag on the oil. I tried putting > it in her baby fruit and she could taste it again.> > Any ideas on how to get this flaxseed oil in her.> > Also....the pediatrician recommended Kondremul. Is this safe -

I never > heard of it??? I have an appt for her tomorrow to have them give her a > good check over for any fissures or tears. I would love her stomach to > get x-rayed too as her stomach always seems swollen to me.>

that's amazing, I wonder why?

From: bonniepard <bonniepardyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Flaxseed oil - 15 month old won't take itTo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 6:41 PM

me.