RemedySpot.com

Re: USA doctors that know Bronch ??? Who has one??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I go to Dr. McNally at University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, CT. He told me at my last visit that a colleague of his at the University is actually going to be creating a Bronchiectasis Center at the University. I've had very good results since I started seeing him. It will be interesting to see what kind of treatment and research they may end up doing in this new center.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Anywhere in the world?

yes I can..

Dr Brantley is one of our own Alpha specialty drs in FL..he's a researcher and treats his patients for bronchiectasis..

My dr also treats my bronchiectasis well..there are dr's out there..just few and far between..

Sandie in MD USA

Never Look Down on SomeoneUnless You're Willing to Help Them UpStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Well, first of all, in the range of mild to severe bronchiectasis I'm not that bad. However, I was having repeated rounds of pneumonia putting me in the hospital. I was at the point where I was beginning to wonder if the rest of my life was going to be like this. One year I was in the hospital four times and out of work several weeks each time. And I have a chronic cough (still, unfortunately) that drives me nuts! :) At first he tried a few things, added a second steroid, but finally decided to put me on the rotating antibiotics. I take Ampicillin and Doxycyline - 10 days out of the month every other month, alternating them. It's now been a year and I haven't had pneumonia, in fact I've only had one cold and I actually recovered from it without it turning into something horrible. You get to the point where you're paranoid about being around anyone who has a sniffle! Now I've got to get myself going and build up my stamina again. I let myself get down so low that I've had a hard time getting my energy back. After a year, it's time to put it aside now and get moving! Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

Hi ..I know with many viral and bacterial infections we'll have body pain..but someone here posted a link about the association of arthritic pain w/bronchiectasis.

It was an eye opener for me. Rheumatoid Arthritis runs in my family..so on that note I mentioned this to my dr who has run some tests, including the test looking for the RA factor..

This link, which I found to be one of the most informative on bronchiectasis yet explains this a little..

http://www.australiandoctor.com.au/HTT/PDF/ad_htt_031_038___may20_05.pdf

Sandie

Never Look Down on SomeoneUnless You're Willing to Help Them UpWho's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

I think that was me. I have been having a lot of pain. I do research on the internet. Just put in bronchiectasis and rheumatoid arthritis (or whatever you want to look at) and do a search. That is how I get a lot of my info.

MarilynWho's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

I too am paranoid about coming in contact with anyone with a cold. I think that is natural with our compromised immune system. I now take Airborne 2-3x's a day and hope that will ward off some of those germs floating around, at least for the winter time.

Eileen-FL

I have wondered how effective airborne acutally is ..what exactly is Airborne? Is it a blend of vitamins and anti oxidants?

Never Look Down on SomeoneUnless You're Willing to Help Them UpStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Joy,

I never thought I would e:mail Oprah, but this whole situation is getting getting to me. I don't get mad, I get proactive. I still have a lot of responsibilities in life and while I have never wanted to live to be 90, I would like to feel a little better at 71. We do have to be our own advocates and the squeaky wheel gets oiled first. OK, no more cliches. Dr. Oz is not Australian, just whatever nationality that would have Oz as a name.

It is so great to hear from you.

Thanks,

MarilynStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

• 3 weeks later...

Anywhere in the world?

From: bronchiectasis [mailto:bronchiectasis ] On Behalf Of Mach1of8@...

Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008

10:20 AM

To: bronchiectasis

Subject: Re: USA doctors

that know Bronch ??? Who has one??

Can anyone tell me the name and location

of a doctor that has

ALOT of experience with Bronch patients??

I f you have a doctor that seems to know

its diagnosis, treatment and aggravations...please forward the name ,

number and address. Maybe even a story about them and their willingness

to learn about Bronch and find the best treatment .

Thank you.

Mark

Namaste....

I honor the place in you

in which the entire Universe dwells,

I honor the place in you

which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace,

When you are in that place in you,

and I am in that place in me,

we are One.

Start the year off right. Easy

ways to stay in shape in the new year.