RemedySpot.com

Re: diagnosis when?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi lin,

Where did you read bronch was recognised in 1995 – are you sure you didn’t mean 1955? I was diagnosed in 1970. What I have read is that there’s been no real research 40-50 years – most of our lifetimes, because it was believed abx had ‘fixed’ it.

If you have a doctor who just can’t be bothered and trots out the ‘you’re just depressed’ line – I would really urge you to find another, and when you do, ask the new dr to obtain your history. . I’d be wary of taking any advice from a dr who can’t be bothered to find out about a condition.

Any pro(for)biotic – is the opposite of an anti(against)biotic and will undoubtedly help if you’ve had abx at all. Eventually yoghurt isn’t enough - I’d have to eat bucket-loads and it makes my nose stream. I started SB FlorActiv several yrs ago and for the first time had a happier gut!

It can be hard to stand up for your rights when you’re unwell, one day with a fever and the next feel ‘fine’. However, making appts when you are well really works - write down what you need to discuss, want clarified, want information about, any other health issues which get left unattended because with an exacerbation bronch takes over. I have learnt this from others and it has helped me enormously.

Wishing you every good thing,

--

Joy

Australia

-- --

" Wealth is nothing, position is nothing, fame is nothing.

Who you become inside is everything.

What happens to you is not as important as how you react to what happens. "

Any pro(for)biotic – is the opposite of an anti(against)biotic and will undoubtedly help if you’ve had abx at all. Eventually yoghurt isn’t enough - I’d have to eat bucket-loads and it makes my nose stream. I started SB FlorActiv several yrs ago and for the first time had a happier gut!

Joy..what is your daily dose on the probiotic? And do you take this all the time..or just when you'r'e using abx? also..how often are you treated w/abx..what meds are you taking?

Sandie

Never Look Down on SomeoneUnless You're Willing to Help Them UpStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Hi Sandie,

I use probiotic daily, (if I don’t things ‘jam up’!). The SB FlorActiv is made by BioCeuticals (www.bioceuticals.com.au) and contains Saccharomyces cerevisiae (boulardii) 25mg/capsule. I did use homeopathics for a while, but really couldn’t say they’re strong enough for Pseudomonas infections – or fungal (mostly candidal oral and dermal.) If you can get something which contains same ingredient I would highly recommend – with so much abx onslaught we have, I don’t think yoghurt has enough... But if it works, that’s great!

At least 2-4 courses (2x weeks usual) abx during the year is usual, but can be more – have had up to 7-8 exacerbations in one year, around 04-05. Last year had long courses of anti-fungals as well, so between one and another it feels like a lot, and I’m supposed to take Strontium for osteoporosis, but haven’t started yet. Just too many meds, just can’t get my head around it, and I suppose I really will need to ...

I have had to take other abx other than Ciprox at times (eg for teeth removal or other kinds of infections), and try to avoid the known fungus-favouring ones.

I remember an earlier email – it’s hard to love your body when it ‘fails’ so much .... But it’s so important to love it, appreciate what it has endured, and treasure it until it’s time has come to let you move on...

Joy

(from Oz)

--

Sentient beings, all our very own mothers, are as limitless as space