RemedySpot.com

RE: eye blinking

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is he on Miralax? This is usually the culprit..............

Jeanie

Subject: eye blinkingTo: miralax Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 11:31 AM

Does anyone have any theories about miralax and eye blinking? My 3 year old has been blinking his eyes in an exagerated way. He has done this for the last year and it has been noted as a possible sensory tic by his neurologist. I have noticed that the blinking has gotten worse now that it is winter and very dry in northern wisconsin. I have heard that the oxalates are deposited in the eyes first. Does this make any sense. He also rubs his eyes?

A couple of suggestions: (try one for 2 weeks, then pause for a week

and try another)

Calm and Calmer

Homepathic Calms Fotre

Magnesium (citrate , malate or glycinate is probably best) - Kid Calm

or Natural Calm if your child won't swallow pills. Epsom salt baths

too.

Calcium (citrate) Note - it will problably be magnesium OR calcium

that is needed at first -- not both!

Here's a mom's post that you might find interesting

http://www.ctds.info/tics.html

Note -- If you child is suffering from constipation and tics -- I

would be willing to bet big $$ that your child is deficient in

magnesium.

>

> Does anyone have any theories about miralax and eye blinking? My 3

> year old has been blinking his eyes in an exagerated way. He has

done

> this for the last year and it has been noted as a possible sensory

tic

> by his neurologist. I have noticed that the blinking has gotten

worse

> now that it is winter and very dry in northern wisconsin. I have

heard

> that the oxalates are deposited in the eyes first. Does this make

any

> sense. He also rubs his eyes?

>

I would also like to add that this may not ever have happened if he weren't on Miralax, the chemical make up pulls several things from the body, i.e. magnesium (hypomagnesia) calcium (hypocalcemia) this goes for electroyletes as well (salt/water) see FDA adverse reactions.....................there are many reports, and it's in the literature that indeed Miralax causes this........................http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/miralax/files/

Subject: Re: eye blinkingTo: miralax Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 10:24 PM

A couple of suggestions: (try one for 2 weeks, then pause for a week and try another)Calm and CalmerHomepathic Calms FotreMagnesium (citrate , malate or glycinate is probably best) - Kid Calm or Natural Calm if your child won't swallow pills. Epsom salt baths too.Calcium (citrate) Note - it will problably be magnesium OR calcium that is needed at first -- not both!Here's a mom's post that you might find interestinghttp://www.ctds. info/tics. htmlNote -- If you child is suffering from constipation and tics -- I would be willing to bet big $$ that your child is deficient in magnesium. >> Does anyone have any theories about miralax and eye blinking? My 3

> year old has been blinking his eyes in an exagerated way. He has done > this for the last year and it has been noted as a possible sensory tic > by his neurologist. I have noticed that the blinking has gotten worse > now that it is winter and very dry in northern wisconsin. I have heard > that the oxalates are deposited in the eyes first. Does this make any > sense. He also rubs his eyes?>

I think this is a good suggestion on trying the magnesium also. There are many who have had twitching issues with the body and the magnesium helped to completely stop them. I am so thankful I discovered magnesium from this group. Not only has it been a big part in helping with my sons constipation but has helped control his seizures(complex- petit,twitching(tics) to grand mals etc). This is also along with gut healing I believe from mycotoxins(fungal/yeast/viral issues). According to Jeanie miralax is bad for pulling things from the body and Im guessing this would include minerals, magnesium, etc. Balance is so important and I am still trying to figure that one out:). Jennie<><

Subject: Re: eye blinkingTo: miralax Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 8:24 PM

A couple of suggestions: (try one for 2 weeks, then pause for a week and try another)Calm and CalmerHomepathic Calms FotreMagnesium (citrate , malate or glycinate is probably best) - Kid Calm or Natural Calm if your child won't swallow pills. Epsom salt baths too.Calcium (citrate) Note - it will problably be magnesium OR calcium that is needed at first -- not both!Here's a mom's post that you might find interestinghttp://www.ctds. info/tics. htmlNote -- If you child is suffering from constipation and tics -- I would be willing to bet big $$ that your child is deficient in magnesium. >> Does anyone have any theories about miralax and eye blinking? My 3

> year old has been blinking his eyes in an exagerated way. He has done > this for the last year and it has been noted as a possible sensory tic > by his neurologist. I have noticed that the blinking has gotten worse > now that it is winter and very dry in northern wisconsin. I have heard > that the oxalates are deposited in the eyes first. Does this make any > sense. He also rubs his eyes?>

I also wanted to add in reading the link you sent it was interesting to read on the the wheat/grain concerns. I did not realize this is a cause for mineral difeciencies, but do know they are high, high in the fungal/mycotoxin problems. Gosh no wonder our country is in such a health/medical mess! This also is why it is so important to not let politics take over our organic/supplement industry as mentioned in the other post earlier. Jennie<><

From: mommtlc <oldworldtile@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: eye blinkingTo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 8:24 PM

Hi Tracie,

I live in Hayward, but I will be in LaCrosse to see family Thurs-Sunday!

Pam

To: miralax Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:01:13 PMSubject: RE: eye blinking

Pam, If you don¢t mind me asking, where in northern Wisconsin do you live? I am in La Crosse.

Tracie

From: miralax@yahoogroups .com [mailto:miralax@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of pamruettenSent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:31 AMTo: miralax@yahoogroups .comSubject: eye blinking

Does anyone have any theories about miralax and eye blinking? My 3 year old has been blinking his eyes in an exagerated way. He has done this for the last year and it has been noted as a possible sensory tic by his neurologist. I have noticed that the blinking has gotten worse now that it is winter and very dry in northern wisconsin. I have heard that the oxalates are deposited in the eyes first. Does this make any sense. He also rubs his eyes?

Thank so much!

To: miralax Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 10:24:48 PMSubject: Re: eye blinking

A couple of suggestions: (try one for 2 weeks, then pause for a week and try another)Calm and CalmerHomepathic Calms FotreMagnesium (citrate , malate or glycinate is probably best) - Kid Calm or Natural Calm if your child won't swallow pills. Epsom salt baths too.Calcium (citrate) Note - it will problably be magnesium OR calcium that is needed at first -- not both!Here's a mom's post that you might find interestinghttp://www.ctds. info/tics. htmlNote -- If you child is suffering from constipation and tics -- I would be willing to bet big $$ that your child is deficient in magnesium. >> Does anyone have any

theories about miralax and eye blinking? My 3 > year old has been blinking his eyes in an exagerated way. He has done > this for the last year and it has been noted as a possible sensory tic > by his neurologist. I have noticed that the blinking has gotten worse > now that it is winter and very dry in northern wisconsin. I have heard > that the oxalates are deposited in the eyes first. Does this make any > sense. He also rubs his eyes?>

Oh, I love Hayward! Too bad we’re not in town this

weekend. If you are back to visit, you’re more than welcome to look us

up. Would be nice to get the kids together?! Merry Christmas, safe travels.

miralax [mailto:miralax ] On Behalf Of Pam

Ruetten

Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:55 AM

To: miralax

Subject: Re: eye blinking

Hi Tracie,

I live in Hayward, but I will be in LaCrosse to see family

Thurs-Sunday!

Pam

To: miralax

Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:01:13 PM

Subject: RE: eye blinking

Pam, If you don¢t mind me asking, where

in northern Wisconsin do you live? I am in La Crosse.

Tracie

miralax@yahoogroups .com [mailto:miralax@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of pamruetten

Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:31 AM

To: miralax@yahoogroups .com

Subject: eye blinking

Does anyone have any theories about miralax and eye blinking? My 3

year old has been blinking his eyes in an exagerated way. He has done

this for the last year and it has been noted as a possible sensory tic

by his neurologist. I have noticed that the blinking has gotten worse

now that it is winter and very dry in northern wisconsin. I have heard

that the oxalates are deposited in the eyes first. Does this make any

sense. He also rubs his eyes?