RemedySpot.com

fatigue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

from someone who has ms it could be sounds similiar to the symptoms i would be checked again god bless

Run, Jump, Smile, Believe in God and Yourself. Never give up, Never let go. Always take a risk and whatever happens good or bad, know that you are still a winner.

Carol Ann Wooster

08-16-04

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/28/05 5:17:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

carolannwooster@... writes:

<< from someone who has ms it could be sounds similiar to the symptoms i

would

be checked again god bless >>

How does someone get checked Carol Ann? My last doctor told me to get my eyes

checked for any signs. I did and my eye doctor did not see anything

consistent with MS. What else should I have done?

Thanks,

Guest guest

With my current schedule, I am doing tae bo when I get home from work, which is out of synch with my body clock as i am a morning person, but there is just no time in the morning right now and i already get up at 4am, so getting up earlier won't work. After my busy (exhausting) day, if I do any of the more advanced workouts, I am frequently worthless the rest of the evening, but as I continue doing them more consistently, that is getting better. It is important for each of us to know our bodies. If you do have a touch of chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia, exercise is critical to you health, but you must be cautious not to overdo or push to hard as that can trigger a flare. Also make sure you have not cut your diet too much and that you are gettting adequate protein. Nothing will wipe you out more than to be doing a workout without any fuel to burn. It may take 3-6 weeks for your body to acclimate to a new level of workout, and then you should see some increased energy. Delana.

-----Original Message-----From: tae-bo_on [mailto:tae-bo_on ]On Behalf Of Agaw12577@...Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:02 PMTo: tae-bo_on Subject: FatigueDo any of you get extremely fatigued after working out? I took my usual walk this morning then came home and did Lower Body BootCamp. About an hour after my workout, I was sitting on the couch like a zombie. I could barely keep my eyes open. I am completely exhausted. I am concerned that this is not normal. Any insights?As Deb has said: "Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first step.""This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment" -

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/28/05 9:52:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, js.tate@...

writes:

<< Has " anything " else changed? If you get my drift! ;-) >>

Like my monthly friend? (So sorry to the men on the list.) Well, to answer

that, I don't know. I am still nursing my 17 month old, so I haven't had a cycle

since Feb. 03 :) I don't miss it either, LOL>

Guest guest

I hadn't heard that they start that early but I know that I hit a wall all of a sudden. One moment I'm getting up early, exercising daily, everything is regular and good and the next moment I was tired ALL the time, couldn't find the energy to exercise and became a total witch. I would actually see red and know that I was going to yell at the kids when they really hadn't done anything to deserve it. Immediately made my list and made an appt. to see an OB/GYN. I'm doing better, but it's gotten down to learning what I can do on the sleep I've had and doing my best to get up at 4 to get the exercise in even though I go to bed at 8!

Has "anything" else changed? If you get my drift! ;-)

Joan

-----Original Message-----From: tae-bo_on [mailto:tae-bo_on ]On Behalf Of Agaw12577@...Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:55 PMTo: tae-bo_on Subject: Re: Fatigue<< , may I ask how old you are? I'm just wondering if you could begoing thru (excuse me guys), perimenopause. >>I am 28. I will cry if it is perimenopause all ready. I read somewhere that symptoms start as early as 30. I am almost there.As Deb has said: "Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first step.""This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment" -

Guest guest

Yeah, that " thing " . For some women it gets heavy others very light to

non-existent. You know, you may just be tired cause you're MOM! ;-)

Chasing around after kids is exercise in itself.

Joan

> Like my monthly friend? (So sorry to the men on the list.) Well, to

answer

> that, I don't know. I am still nursing my 17 month old, so I haven't

had a cycle

> since Feb. 03 :) I don't miss it either, LOL>

>

>

Guest guest

you get an mri, which is the best see a neurologist there are other tests as well they can do

Run, Jump, Smile, Believe in God and Yourself. Never give up, Never let go. Always take a risk and whatever happens good or bad, know that you are still a winner.

Carol Ann Wooster

08-16-04

Guest guest

Oh hmm I am too. I sleep up to 10 hours a day and I wake up and I'm still tired and could sleep even more. Its embarassing how tired I am and my boyfriend just tells me that I just need to get up and be active. He doesn't understand. I can do the simplest task and just be exhausted.

Agaw12577@... wrote:

<< Eek! What? I must have missed a post! I'm 28!! What's going on? >>,We are trying to figure out why I am so tired all of the time :)As Deb has said: "Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first step.""This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment" -

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/29/05 4:50:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

cavhc9941@... writes:

<< Breast feeding itself can sap you body and it can be very difficult to keep

up with the nutrients you need, is there any weaning in the near future? >>

I certainly hope so. My baby has other ideas though. She is fighting me on

the weaning. I have an appointment for a physical on May 9th. I will make sure I

discuss all of this with my doctor. Honestly, I am not taking any vitamins. I

eat calcium foods on most days, but probably not enough. I sleep ok, but do

wake up often because the baby does not yet sleep through the night. I don't

think I have ever had mono, but I will mention that to my doctor and see if she

can test me for it. My brother had it when we were younger. Wow, I wonder if I

caught it at one point? The fatigue you are describing is exactly how I am

feeling. Thank you so much Delana. I am so grateful to have a doctor on this

list :)

Guest guest

I have been reading your posts, it sounds like your fatigue is out of proportion to the amount of sleep you get. I doubt it is just early menopause. I do think you need a good medical evaluation to make sure your thyroid gland is functioning normally, that can fail after pregnancy, sometimes the usual screening tests are not sensitive enough to pick it up. The estrogen deficiency from breast feeding can make you feel like you are in the perimenopause, especially if it is enough to be preventing periods. I do not know if one of the over the counter menopausal supplements would help with that, oral contraceptives sometimes do, check with your ob/gyn. Breast feeding itself can sap you body and it can be very difficult to keep up with the nutrients you need, is there any weaning in the near future? Are you taking a good multivitamin and getting plenty of calcium? Chasing kids and the sleep disturbance from careing for young children can also take their toll, and there could also be some lingering post partum blues. I can't remember what you said about whether or not you had been tested for mono-nucleosis. I had mono at 34yo, it took several months before I was diagnosed when I finally ended up with pneumonia. Prior to that, I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I didn't feel depressed but had gone through a lot of life changes and wondered why I just couldn't seem to do anything and why I wasn't myself. The Epstein Barr Virus that causes mono is in the same family as the cold sore virus. Once you have it, it never leaves your body and can come out at times when you are run down and have pushed yourself too hard. When that happens to me, I get a recurrance of the profound fatigue similar to what you are describing, the kind where you can't get enough sleep and where you are so tired that it is very difficult to push yourself through it and where increased rest is almost mandatory. People who have not experienced that kind of fatigue have difficulty understanding it. Some people end up with a more chronic fatigue after mono that may go on for years, but still typically gets better with time and does respond to gradual conditioning with exercise and paying critical attention to good diet, good sleep, emotional support, etc, to build up your immune system. When I see people with fatigue, it frequently can be a combination of several things put together from the above list. Other things that can contribute are anemia and sleep apnea, which is more prevalent in people when they are overweight. Even if no cause is found, there are a couple of medications that are not stimulants and that are not addicting that can help with the symptoms. One is wellbutrin, orginally an antidepressant medication but tends to increase energy and has the nice side effect of decreased cravings for food and cigarettes. The other, which is more for day time sleepiness or drowsiness is provigil. Over the counter lysine can help with the mono virus to prevent or decrease recurrances. Hope this info helps so that you can ask the right questions and make suggestions when you see a doctor. Good luck, and do not give up. Tae Bo, but listen to your body to find out how much you can do without making things worse. Maybe several shorter workouts a day would be better...Delana.

-----Original Message-----From: tae-bo_on [mailto:tae-bo_on ]On Behalf Of Agaw12577@...Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:55 PMTo: tae-bo_on Subject: Re: Fatigue<< , may I ask how old you are? I'm just wondering if you could begoing thru (excuse me guys), perimenopause. >>I am 28. I will cry if it is perimenopause all ready. I read somewhere that symptoms start as early as 30. I am almost there.As Deb has said: "Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first step.""This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment" -

Guest guest

it seems no matter how early I go to bed getting up the next morning is hard.

I have been getting up late.

I just have no energy either.

carolyn wrote:

Oh hmm I am too. I sleep up to 10 hours a day and I wake up and I'm still tired and could sleep even more. Its embarassing how tired I am and my boyfriend just tells me that I just need to get up and be active. He doesn't understand. I can do the simplest task and just be exhausted.

Agaw12577@... wrote:

<< Eek! What? I must have missed a post! I'm 28!! What's going on? >>,We are trying to figure out why I am so tired all of the time :)As Deb has said: "Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first step.""This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment" -

Guest guest

I hope you all figure out your fatigue problems. I've had my bouts

but I can point to exactly the cause which is usually lack of sleep

either getting up at night with my son when he was small, keeping the

same bed time as hubby when I had to be up 2 hours before him and my

general insomnia that gets worse if I don't regularly exercise and/or

eat too much junky food.

I don't have any advice but I do feel for you.

> In a message dated 4/28/05 5:11:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> dorygcat@y... writes:

>

> << Eek! What? I must have missed a post! I'm 28!! What's going

on? >>

>

> ,

> We are trying to figure out why I am so tired all of the time :)

>

>

>

> As Deb has said: " Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first

step. "

> " This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment " -

>

>

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Val,

I've been on 6, 25mg T3 for 4 months.

I was feeling great until about 2 weeks ago. Now I feel tired and achy

most of the time.

Should I try incorporating Thyroid S again? If so how do I go about it?

What do you think?

Guest guest

Ok, VAl, that's what I'll do.

Thanks,

>

> I would raise T3 as if you haven't supressed your TSH enough, your

> thyroid will still be making enough T4 to feed the RT3 problem.

>

> --

> Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WV

>

> http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

>

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/

> http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/RT3_T3/

>