RemedySpot.com

Re: What kind of doctor would be good to treat the constipation without using PEG?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I would quit cold turkey and look at all the recommendations on the board. I went on at age 43 and the side effects hit in 3 months of use, then I discontinued it. I could not hold a bowel movement in on it but as soon as it quit my bowel abruptly quit. I have gum tissue and tooth problems. Side pain quite often and a lot of bloating. The burning on urination still surfaces on occasion.

My doctor put me on lactulose, then Milk of Mag when that did not work. I have success with the Milk of Magnesia but only need a little and body levels should be monitored, even though a toxic level is a lot.

Good luck with the Naturopath. I hope it works out. Just keep in mind that the treatments they use are still drugs.

Rae

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:25 PM

To: miralax

Subject: What kind of doctor would be good to treat the constipation without using PEG?

Hi there!I am considering taking my daughter to see some kind of natural doctor. I found a highly recommended homeopath near me but her treatment will be reducing the dose of Miralax by 1/8th teaspoon at a time.My daughter hasn't shown signs of reacting to the Miralax yet although she does have some anxiety/tantrums etc. However, upon thinking back to before the Miralax, those things don't seem to have worsened. My gut feeling is to want to take her off the Miralax right away, but I'm not sure if that is the best.Any advice on what kind of doctor would be good? I would love some guidance as I really want to take my daughter off the Miralax.Thanks so much!~

Guest guest

Why are you not wanting to stay with your homeopath? Because of her reduction suggestion? If so, remember you are the parent here and you can advocate on behalf of your daughter how you want. Drs (homeo's included!) ideas are suggestions, in cases like this. I know the bottle says to not stop immediately, but my opinion is that's just a way to continue use of it (more money spent) or have the user change their mind (more money spent). With that opinion, I took my son off PEG cold-turkey. We had an arsenal of back-up, just in case (ha! no pun intended...just saw that after I typed "back-up"), like Natural Calm, fish oil, coconut oil, etc. I jacked him up on magnesium, too, until he had runny, loose stools and then backed it down. It worked great for that transition period. Good luck!

Hi there!

I am considering taking my daughter to see some kind of natural doctor. I found a highly recommended homeopath near me but her treatment will be reducing the dose of Miralax by 1/8th teaspoon at a time.

My daughter hasn't shown signs of reacting to the Miralax yet although she does have some anxiety/tantrums etc. However, upon thinking back to before the Miralax, those things don't seem to have worsened.

My gut feeling is to want to take her off the Miralax right away, but I'm not sure if that is the best.

Any advice on what kind of doctor would be good? I would love some guidance as I really want to take my daughter off the Miralax.

Thanks so much!

~

Guest guest

Thanks for your reply!!

I haven't started going to the homeopath yet but made an appointment with her

and had a good conversation with her on the phone.

I'm wondering if I can find a doctor who will treat with other methods and have

my daughter go off the Miralax right away. I don't want to cause bad rebound

constipation though.

Would you be willing to describe how you handled your transition period?

And lol about the " back up " arsenal :)

Thank you!

>

> Hi there!

>

> I am considering taking my daughter to see some kind of natural doctor. I

found a highly recommended homeopath near me but her treatment will be reducing

the dose of Miralax by 1/8th teaspoon at a time.

>

> My daughter hasn't shown signs of reacting to the Miralax yet although she

does have some anxiety/tantrums etc. However, upon thinking back to before the

Miralax, those things don't seem to have worsened.

>

> My gut feeling is to want to take her off the Miralax right away, but I'm not

sure if that is the best.

>

> Any advice on what kind of doctor would be good? I would love some guidance as

I really want to take my daughter off the Miralax.

>

> Thanks so much!

>

> ~

>

Guest guest

, do you usually use a homeopath for health care? If so, you'll know they are GREAT about working with people...not dictating like traditional medicine doctors can sometimes do. If you had a positive experience on the phone, I would go in and talk with her about wanting your daughter off now...in my experience, they are more than willing to compromise. We've used homeopaths for over 10 years now and I love it! I don't how much detail you want on how we handled the transition. Our son was 7 at the time...he was on a capful a day and I stopped it completely one day. But, I had Natural Calm mixed with Plum Smart juice (you can find it anywhere juice is sold). We pumped him full of it (he LOVED it, couldn't get enough so it was easy) until he had runny, loose stools (if I remember right, it was 3 times the amount listed on the bottle). I let that go for a few days to clean him out and then backing off until he pooped how I wanted him going. I also supplemented with the suggested dose of fish oil and cooked only with olive oil, especially for him. If I were to do it again, I would do the same thing but add in Juice Plus gummies. They're so nutritious that with all he had going and the lack of absorbing nutrients, I think they would've been a good addition if I had known about them at the time.

I would quit cold turkey and look at all the recommendations on the board. I went on at age 43 and the side effects hit in 3 months of use, then I discontinued it. I could not hold a bowel movement in on it but as soon as it quit my bowel abruptly quit. I have gum tissue and tooth problems. Side pain quite often and a lot of bloating. The burning on urination still surfaces on occasion.

My doctor put me on lactulose, then Milk of Mag when that did not work. I have success with the Milk of Magnesia but only need a little and body levels should be monitored, even though a toxic level is a lot.

Good luck with the Naturopath. I hope it works out. Just keep in mind that the treatments they use are still drugs.

Rae

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:25 PM

To: miralax

Subject: What kind of doctor would be good to treat the constipation without using PEG?

Hi there!I am considering taking my daughter to see some kind of natural doctor. I found a highly recommended homeopath near me but her treatment will be reducing the dose of Miralax by 1/8th teaspoon at a time.My daughter hasn't shown signs of reacting to the Miralax yet although she does have some anxiety/tantrums etc. However, upon thinking back to before the Miralax, those things don't seem to have worsened. My gut feeling is to want to take her off the Miralax right away, but I'm not sure if that is the best.Any advice on what kind of doctor would be good? I would love some guidance as I really want to take my daughter off the Miralax.Thanks so much!~

Guest guest

Wellness practitioner, Chiro / Accupunturist To: miralax Sent: Wed, June 6, 2012 1:26:08 PMSubject: What kind of doctor would be good to treat the constipation without using PEG?

Hi there!

I am considering taking my daughter to see some kind of natural doctor. I found a highly recommended homeopath near me but her treatment will be reducing the dose of Miralax by 1/8th teaspoon at a time.

My daughter hasn't shown signs of reacting to the Miralax yet although she does have some anxiety/tantrums etc. However, upon thinking back to before the Miralax, those things don't seem to have worsened.

My gut feeling is to want to take her off the Miralax right away, but I'm not sure if that is the best.

Any advice on what kind of doctor would be good? I would love some guidance as I really want to take my daughter off the Miralax.

Thanks so much!

~