RemedySpot.com

is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and a tad

hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a minutes then

i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then yesterday morning

woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having another asthma attack and

needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of day i was ok then i ended up

coming home from work with a semi nauseous headache and i had that most of the

evening. then today i woke up hoarse again and i was coughing some to this

morning. i let my bedroom door open during the day so that air can get into my

room and cool it off, but at bedtime i close my door. i been using my peak flow

and it has been normal so that is not a problem. Monday was my first asthma

attack since Feb. P.S. all i have right now is my rescue inhaler, was on

steroid inhaler like 2 months ago for a really bad cough.

so my questions are:

1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

Guest guest

Sounds like you are sick, and possibly your asthma is acting up also, if it were me, I would go to the Dr.'s to make sure I am ok.To: asthma Sent: Wed, June 29, 2011 3:15:55 PMSubject: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and a tad hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a minutes then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having another asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of day i was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous headache and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again and i was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during the day so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i close my door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not a problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have right now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago for a really bad cough.

so my questions are:

Guest guest

Boy, my cough has been worse too. My advair doesn't seem to make a difference and my singulair is not helping. I've wondered if something is triggering my cough to be worse. I've had to refill my rescue inhaler for the first time since last year.KathyTo: asthma Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:15 PMSubject: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and a tad hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a minutes then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having another asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of day i was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous headache and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again and i was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during the day so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i close my door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not a problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have right now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago for a really bad cough.

so my questions are:

Guest guest

Generally if you think you might need to call your doc, or if you arent sure what is going on, then you probably should go...

Ann

To: asthma

Sent: Wed, June 29, 2011 3:15:55 PM

Subject: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

so my questions are:

Guest guest

I would call your doctor. They may be able to talk you through it over the phone. I usually end up talking to their assistants. 

But I don't play with this stuff. Most of us know our bodies pretty well so when it starts doing things that aren't unfamiliar, I'm always on the side of better safe than sorry. 

so my questions are:

-- Take care,

Guest guest

thanks all who commented so far today i woke up extra hoarse and then i came

home from work with a migraine so idk what is going on

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and a tad

> > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a minutes

> > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then

> > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having another

> > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of day i

> > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous headache

> > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again and i

> > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during the day

> > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i close my

> > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not a

> > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have right

> > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago for a

> > really bad cough.

> >

> > so my questions are:

> > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Take care,

>

>

Guest guest

i have developed a cough that makes me cough non-stop and is worse when i lay

down, so i called my doctor today and got an appointment for 2morrow wednesday.

so i hope all goes well. last time i had a bad cough i got an inhaler to take

and it helped. it was QVAR. i have only had a dry cough for like 4 days but do

not want to take a chance since i got asthma. will let u knoe what the doctor

says. thanks for the help

> >

> > > **

> > >

> > >

> > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and a tad

> > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a

minutes

> > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then

> > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having

another

> > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of day

i

> > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous headache

> > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again and

i

> > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during the

day

> > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i close

my

> > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not a

> > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have

right

> > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago for a

> > > really bad cough.

> > >

> > > so my questions are:

> > > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> > > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Take care,

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

So glad he/she could see you so soon. Please do let us know how it goes. Hope you are better soon.

i have developed a cough that makes me cough non-stop and is worse when i lay down, so i called my doctor today and got an appointment for 2morrow wednesday. so i hope all goes well. last time i had a bad cough i got an inhaler to take and it helped. it was QVAR. i have only had a dry cough for like 4 days but do not want to take a chance since i got asthma. will let u knoe what the doctor says. thanks for the help

> >

> > > **

> > >

> > >

> > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and a tad

> > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a minutes

> > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then

> > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having another

> > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of day i

> > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous headache

> > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again and i

> > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during the day

> > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i close my

> > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not a

> > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have right

> > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago for a

> > > really bad cough.

> > >

> > > so my questions are:

> > > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> > > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Take care,

> >

> >

>

-- Take care,

Guest guest

i went to the doctors today, she looked at ears, listened to lungs,felt glands

and looked at throat. she said that my throat looked red (which surprised me

cause it usually never hurts just was raw this time) so she did a strep test

which came back negative. then she was like ur lungs sound ok but i am going to

put u back on the inhaler u took last time u had a bad cough which is QVAR.

then she was like if u get a cold it can make asthma worse. she never really

told me what i was sick from but she did mention upper respiratory infection, so

not sure if i have it or if she said that can make asthma worse. but u would

think if i had an upper respiratory infection that i would have gotten

antibiotics. she said i should be better in 5 days and if not then come back.

i know the inhaler will help with the cough but am not sure what to do about my

throat and hoarseness. so that is where i stand right now with my illness

> > > >

> > > > > **

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and

> > a tad

> > > > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a

> > minutes

> > > > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then

> > > > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having

> > another

> > > > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of

> > day i

> > > > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous

> > headache

> > > > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again

> > and i

> > > > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during

> > the day

> > > > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i

> > close my

> > > > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not

> > a

> > > > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have

> > right

> > > > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago

> > for a

> > > > > really bad cough.

> > > > >

> > > > > so my questions are:

> > > > > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> > > > > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Take care,

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Take care,

>

>

Guest guest

Good answer Ann. It is very important to not take antibiotics until they are necessary. I would also try some peppermint tea. It is good for me for sore throats and a light cough.MadelineTo: asthma Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:55 PMSubject: Re: Re: is

my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

Its possible that you have an upper respiratory infection. If you dont have signs & symptoms of a bacterial infection-which she shouldve seen on examination- antibiotics would be more harm than good to you. (They would have killed off the good bacteria which is fighting the viral infection).

For hoarseness and rawness in your throat, you could try gargling with 1/4tbsp of salt in warm water...that might help soothe your throat. There is a virus going around among some of my friends where they have been hoarse for a few weeks...voice rest is about all you can do for that.

Ann

Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

i went to the doctors today, she looked at ears, listened to lungs,felt glands and looked at throat. she said that my throat looked red (which surprised me cause it usually never hurts just was raw this time) so she did a strep test which came back negative. then she was like ur lungs sound ok but i am going to put u back on the inhaler u took last time u had a bad cough which is QVAR. then she was like if u get a cold it can make asthma worse. she never really told me what i was sick from but she did mention upper respiratory infection, so not sure if i have it or if she said that can make asthma worse. but u would think if i had an upper respiratory infection that i would have gotten antibiotics. she said i should be better in 5 days and if not then come back. i know the inhaler will help with the cough but am not sure what to do about my throat and hoarseness. so that is where i stand right now with my illness

> > > >

> > > > > **

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > a tad

> > minutes

> > another

> > day i

> > headache

> > and i

> > the day

> > close my

> > a

> > right

> > for a

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Take care,

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Take care,

>

>

Guest guest

Sometimes those awful tasting Halls cough drops work wonders for the hoarseness. I use the honey flavored ones.To: "asthma " <asthma >Sent: Thu, July 7, 2011 12:16:07 PMSubject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting

sick

Good answer Ann. It is very important to not take antibiotics until they are necessary. I would also try some peppermint tea. It is good for me for sore throats and a light cough.MadelineTo: asthma Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:55 PMSubject: Re: Re: is

Its possible that you have an upper respiratory infection. If you dont have signs & symptoms of a bacterial infection-which she shouldve seen on examination- antibiotics would be more harm than good to you. (They would have killed off the good bacteria which is fighting the viral infection).

For hoarseness and rawness in your throat, you could try gargling with 1/4tbsp of salt in warm water...that might help soothe your throat. There is a virus going around among some of my friends where they have been hoarse for a few weeks...voice rest is about all you can do for that.

Ann

i went to the doctors today, she looked at ears, listened to lungs,felt glands and looked at throat. she said that my throat looked red (which surprised me cause it usually never hurts just was raw this time) so she did a strep test which came back negative. then she was like ur lungs sound ok but i am going to put u back on the inhaler u took last time u had a bad cough which is QVAR. then she was like if u get a cold it can make asthma worse. she never really told me what i was sick from but she did mention upper respiratory infection, so not sure if i have it or if she said that can make asthma worse. but u would think if i had an upper respiratory infection that i would have gotten antibiotics. she said i should be better in 5 days and if not then come back. i know the inhaler will help with the cough but am not sure what to do about my throat and hoarseness. so that is where i stand right now with my illness

> > > >

> > > > > **

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > a tad

> > minutes

> > another

> > day i

> > headache

> > and i

> > the day

> > close my

> > a

> > right

> > for a

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Take care,

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Take care,

>

>

Guest guest

Can you get Cherry Drops sweets in America? They are as good as cough sweets for sore throats, and taste so much nicer.Also, do you have Whittards Tea? It's a British company, but I don't know if they have shops abroad. They have a tea called Dreamtime which is also brilliant if you have cough and sore throatJennTha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...! Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.Subject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sickTo: asthma Date: Thursday, 7 July, 2011, 20:42

Sometimes those awful tasting Halls cough drops work wonders for the hoarseness. I use the honey flavored ones.To: "asthma " <asthma >Sent: Thu, July 7, 2011 12:16:07 PMSubject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting

sick

Ann

> > > >

> > > > > **

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > a tad

> > minutes

> > another

> > day i

> > headache

> > and i

> > the day

> > close my

> > a

> > right

> > for a

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Take care,

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Take care,

>

>

Guest guest

I know we have cherry cough drops, but, there is probably a store somewhere in this country that sells those. Can find anything on the internet. LOL.To: asthma Sent: Thu, July 7, 2011 4:56:46 PMSubject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i

getting sick

Can you get Cherry Drops sweets in America? They are as good as cough sweets for sore throats, and taste so much nicer.Also, do you have Whittards Tea? It's a British company, but I don't know if they have shops abroad. They have a tea called Dreamtime which is also brilliant if you have cough and sore throatJennTha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...! Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.Subject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sickTo: asthma Date: Thursday, 7 July, 2011, 20:42

sick

Ann

> > > >

> > > > > **

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > a tad

> > minutes

> > another

> > day i

> > headache

> > and i

> > the day

> > close my

> > a

> > right

> > for a

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Take care,

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Take care,

>

>

Guest guest

Never heard of that tea, but, I know we have something called Sleepytime Tea, never tried it though. But, I guess in the better tea stores it will probably be there.To: asthma Sent: Thu, July 7, 2011 5:09:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: is my asthma

getting me or am i getting sick

I know we have cherry cough drops, but, there is probably a store somewhere in this country that sells those. Can find anything on the internet. LOL.To: asthma Sent: Thu, July 7, 2011 4:56:46 PMSubject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i

getting sick

sick

Ann

> > > >

> > > > > **

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > a tad

> > minutes

> > another

> > day i

> > headache

> > and i

> > the day

> > close my

> > a

> > right

> > for a

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Take care,

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Take care,

>

>

Guest guest

like i said all doctor gave me was inhaler for my coughing. yesterday i woke up

so hoarse that i could hardly talk, then also yesterday coughed up a little bit

of yellow mucus. i started my inhaler yesterday morning and last night i

coughed like crazy, i was coughing and coughing and coughing. then today i woke

up coughing more, was just as hoarse as yesterday then also was real stuffy and

had yellow snot so am not sure what is going on.

> >> > > >

> >> > > > > **

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy

and

> >> > a tad

> >> > > > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a

> >> > minutes

> >> > > > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then

> >> > > > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up

having

> >> > another

> >> > > > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most

of

> >> > day i

> >> > > > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous

> >> > headache

> >> > > > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse

again

> >> > and i

> >> > > > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open

during

> >> > the day

> >> > > > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i

> >> > close my

> >> > > > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is

not

> >> > a

> >> > > > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i

have

> >> > right

> >> > > > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago

> >> > for a

> >> > > > > really bad cough.

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > > so my questions are:

> >> > > > > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> >> > > > > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > > --

> >> > > > Take care,

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >> Take care,

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Sounds like you need to follow up with your doc. Sometimes they can have a hard time figuring out exactly what to do at first because a cough can be caused by so many things. Let him know your new symptoms and see if he has a change in the game plan for you.MadelineTo: asthma Sent: Friday, July 8, 2011

10:54 AMSubject: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

like i said all doctor gave me was inhaler for my coughing. yesterday i woke up so hoarse that i could hardly talk, then also yesterday coughed up a little bit of yellow mucus. i started my inhaler yesterday morning and last night i coughed like crazy, i was coughing and coughing and coughing. then today i woke up coughing more, was just as hoarse as yesterday then also was real stuffy and had yellow snot so am not sure what is going on.

> >> > > >

> >> > > > > **

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and

> >> > a tad

> >> > > > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a

> >> > minutes

> >> > > > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then

> >> > > > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having

> >> > another

> >> > > > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of

> >> > day i

> >> > > > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous

> >> > headache

> >> > > > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again

> >> > and i

> >> > > > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during

> >> > the day

> >> > > > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i

> >> > close my

> >> > > > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not

> >> > a

> >> > > > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have

> >> > right

> >> > > > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago

> >> > for a

> >> > > > > really bad cough.

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > > so my questions are:

> >> > > > > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> >> > > > > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > > > --

> >> > > > Take care,

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >> Take care,

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

i am going to call my doctor back 2morrow for sure, cause i think i got a sinus

infection. friday was so stuffy i could hardly breathe out my nose, then

everyday day since like thursday wake up hardly able to talk due to hoarseness.

and i am still stuffy and yesterday i pretty much coughed all evening, and i

started the inhaler on thursday so u would think it would have started to work

by now i feel so crappy and just want to feel better.

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > > **

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy

and

> > >> > a tad

> > >> > > > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like

a

> > >> > minutes

> > >> > > > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler.

then

> > >> > > > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up

having

> > >> > another

> > >> > > > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then

most of

> > >> > day i

> > >> > > > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous

> > >> > headache

> > >> > > > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse

again

> > >> > and i

> > >> > > > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open

during

> > >> > the day

> > >> > > > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime

i

> > >> > close my

> > >> > > > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is

not

> > >> > a

> > >> > > > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i

have

> > >> > right

> > >> > > > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months

ago

> > >> > for a

> > >> > > > > really bad cough.

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > > so my questions are:

> > >> > > > > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> > >> > > > > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > --

> > >> > > > Take care,

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> --

> > >> Take care,

> > >>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Sounds like you have a head cold, maybe a regular cold also. My Dr. gives me flutacasone, it is a generic, I forget what the brand name of it is, to spray in my nose, it really helps with the head colds. Also I use the plain saline solution you can get at a drugstore to help loosen up my nostril stuffiness, so I don't use the Flutacasone too much, I only use it if I cannot open up my sinuses any other way. It is not good to use th flutacasone too much with my Symbicort, it says so in the paper that comes with it. Flutacasone is good when it is really stuffy, and you cannot breathe, and really miserable. Ask your pharmacist about combining the two first before you use it. For sinus, I use Tylenol cold and sinus pills in the red, yellow, and green box.

That is the only thing that helps the sinus pain, for me. I know they recalled a lot of Tylenol products, I believe there are store products of these same things. If it doesn't get better for me at home in a day or so, I go to the Dr.'s. For the sore throat I use Hall's cough drops, I like the honey flavored ones. I liked the Robitussin honey cough drops, but, they are hard to find. These are some of the things I use. I even use an over the counter cough syrup from the drugstore I use. Ask the pharmacist before you use any cough syrup. My Pulmonologist told me not to use any of those special cough syrups with the extra letters, I just use plain cough syrup, and he told me to use basically Robitussin, can get this in a store brand also. Just some ideas. But, I would ask the pharmacist about using the Tylenol pills, and cough syrup together, I don't usually do that, I will use one thing

one day, and the other the next, or even wait a day or so, so I don't take it all on the same day, especially if I am taking asthma meds and other meds also. Always take it to the pharmacist first and ask him about everything. That way you don't get in to trouble with mixing over the counter with your regular med prescriptions, or mix too many over the counter meds either. Just some of the things I have found work for me over the years. Still have to be very vigilant about mixing anything over the counter with my prescription meds. Just be very careful, and ask your pharmacist first, they will always tell you not to use it if there is a conflict, and sometimes they can guide you to something better to use, that is ok with the prescription meds you already take.To: asthma Sent: Sun, July 10, 2011 9:18:09 AMSubject: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

i am going to call my doctor back 2morrow for sure, cause i think i got a sinus infection. friday was so stuffy i could hardly breathe out my nose, then everyday day since like thursday wake up hardly able to talk due to hoarseness. and i am still stuffy and yesterday i pretty much coughed all evening, and i started the inhaler on thursday so u would think it would have started to work by now i feel so crappy and just want to feel better.

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > > **

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and

> > >> > a tad

> > >> > > > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a

> > >> > minutes

> > >> > > > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then

> > >> > > > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having

> > >> > another

> > >> > > > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of

> > >> > day i

> > >> > > > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous

> > >> > headache

> > >> > > > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again

> > >> > and i

> > >> > > > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during

> > >> > the day

> > >> > > > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i

> > >> > close my

> > >> > > > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not

> > >> > a

> > >> > > > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have

> > >> > right

> > >> > > > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago

> > >> > for a

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > --

> > >> > > > Take care,

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> --

> > >> Take care,

> > >>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I had to go on the flutacasone about 10 days ago. I could hardly breathe thru my nose and couldn't smell or taste my food. Much better now. Do I need to worry about being on it with the Advair and Singulair too?Thanks,KathyTo: asthma Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:53 AMSubject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

Sounds like you have a head cold, maybe a regular cold also. My Dr. gives me flutacasone, it is a generic, I forget what the brand name of it is, to spray in my nose, it really helps with the head colds. Also I use the plain saline solution you can get at a drugstore to help loosen up my nostril stuffiness, so I don't use the Flutacasone too much, I only use it if I cannot open up my sinuses any other way. It is not good to use th flutacasone too much with my Symbicort, it says so in the paper that comes with it. Flutacasone is good when it is really stuffy, and you cannot breathe, and really miserable. Ask your pharmacist about combining the two first before you use it. For sinus, I use Tylenol cold and sinus pills in the red, yellow, and green box.

That is the only thing that helps the sinus pain, for me. I know they recalled a lot of Tylenol products, I believe there are store products of these same things. If it doesn't get better for me at home in a day or so, I go to the Dr.'s. For the sore throat I use Hall's cough drops, I like the honey flavored ones. I liked the Robitussin honey cough drops, but, they are hard to find. These are some of the things I use. I even use an over the counter cough syrup from the drugstore I use. Ask the pharmacist before you use any cough syrup. My Pulmonologist told me not to use any of those special cough syrups with the extra letters, I just use plain cough syrup, and he told me to use basically Robitussin, can get this in a store brand also. Just some ideas. But, I would ask the pharmacist about using the Tylenol pills, and cough syrup together, I don't usually do that, I will use one thing

one day, and the other the next, or even wait a day or so, so I don't take it all on the same day, especially if I am taking asthma meds and other meds also. Always take it to the pharmacist first and ask him about everything. That way you don't get in to trouble with mixing over the counter with your regular med prescriptions, or mix too many over the counter meds either. Just some of the things I have found work for me over the years. Still have to be very vigilant about mixing anything over the counter with my prescription meds. Just be very careful, and ask your pharmacist first, they will always tell you not to use it if there is a conflict, and sometimes they can guide you to something better to use, that is ok with the prescription meds you already take.To: asthma Sent: Sun, July 10, 2011 9:18:09 AMSubject: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

i am going to call my doctor back 2morrow for sure, cause i think i got a sinus infection. friday was so stuffy i could hardly breathe out my nose, then everyday day since like thursday wake up hardly able to talk due to hoarseness. and i am still stuffy and yesterday i pretty much coughed all evening, and i started the inhaler on thursday so u would think it would have started to work by now i feel so crappy and just want to feel better.

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > > **

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy and

> > >> > a tad

> > >> > > > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like a

> > >> > minutes

> > >> > > > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler. then

> > >> > > > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up having

> > >> > another

> > >> > > > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most of

> > >> > day i

> > >> > headache

> > >> > > > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse again

> > >> > and i

> > >> > > > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open during

> > >> > the day

> > >> > > > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime i

> > >> > close my

> > >> > > > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is not

> > >> > a

> > >> > > > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i have

> > >> > right

> > >> > > > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months ago

> > >> > for a

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > --

> > >> > > > Take care,

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> --

> > >> Take care,

> > >>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I don't know, you will have to read your insert that comes with your meds, or just call your pharmacist and ask him, if there is any med that you take that is not compatible with it. I read it on my Symbicort insert, then asked my pharmacist. It didn't specifically say not to use them together, but, it had a part on there, where it said what meds not to mix with the meds in my symbicort.To: "asthma " <asthma >Sent: Sun, July 10, 2011 11:01:10 AMSubject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

I had to go on the flutacasone about 10 days ago. I could hardly breathe thru my nose and couldn't smell or taste my food. Much better now. Do I need to worry about being on it with the Advair and Singulair too?Thanks,KathyTo: asthma Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:53

AMSubject: Re: Re: is my asthma getting me or am i getting sick

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > > **

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > a tad

> > >> > minutes

> > >> > another

> > >> > day i

> > >> > headache

> > >> > and i

> > >> > the day

> > >> > close my

> > >> > a

> > >> > right

> > >> > for a

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > --

> > >> > > > Take care,

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> --

> > >> Take care,

> > >>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

today i was trying to think of some treatments that would be best for me, and i

was thinking i might stay on the inhaler if doctor says to so i can give it more

time to work. but as for the sinus crap i was talking with a pharmacist about

treatments and i brought up the idea of getting an injection of antibiotics

because it would work faster to help me recover, and the pharmacist said that it

will help better then oral meds and told me to see if that is what my doctor

wanted to do as far as treatment. so i was wondering if anyone else has had

experience with antibiotic injections for being sick and how it went, i am not

much a fan of needles but if it will help me recover faster and my doctor

suggests it i might have to go for it.

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > > > **

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little

stuffy

> >and

> > > >> > a tad

> > > >> > > > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for

> >a

> > > >> > minutes

> > > >> > > > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler.

> >then

> > > >> > > > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up

> >having

> > > >> > another

> > > >> > > > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then

most

> >of

> > > >> > day i

> > > >> > > > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi

nauseous

> > > >> > headache

> > > >> > > > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse

> >again

> > > >> > and i

> > > >> > > > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open

> >during

> > > >> > the day

> > > >> > > > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at

bedtime

> i

> > > >> > close my

> > > >> > > > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that

is

> >not

> > > >> > a

> > > >> > > > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all

i

> >have

> > > >> > right

> > > >> > > > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months

> ago

> > > >> > for a

> > > >> > > > > really bad cough.

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > > so my questions are:

> > > >> > > > > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> > > >> > > > > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > > --

> > > >> > > > Take care,

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >> --

> > > >> Take care,

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

So sorry you are having so many troubles.I hope your doctor will be able to give you exactly what you need to feel better and clear up whatever you have.

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > > **

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > a tad

> > >> > minutes

> > >> > another

> > >> > day i

> > >> > headache

> > >> > and i

> > >> > the day

> > >> > close my

> > >> > a

> > >> > right

> > >> > for a

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > > --

> > >> > > > Take care,

> > >> > > >

> > >> > > >

> > >> > >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> --

> > >> Take care,

> > >>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

-- Take care,

Guest guest

Once in a great while I have to get a shot, usually they give me a z-pack, and that usually works for most of the things. But, maybe it would be better to give your Dr. a call if you are unsure of anything.To: asthma Sent: Sun, July 10, 2011 1:54:05 PMSubject:

today i was trying to think of some treatments that would be best for me, and i was thinking i might stay on the inhaler if doctor says to so i can give it more time to work. but as for the sinus crap i was talking with a pharmacist about treatments and i brought up the idea of getting an injection of antibiotics because it would work faster to help me recover, and the pharmacist said that it will help better then oral meds and told me to see if that is what my doctor wanted to do as far as treatment. so i was wondering if anyone else has had experience with antibiotic injections for being sick and how it went, i am not much a fan of needles but if it will help me recover faster and my doctor suggests it i might have to go for it.

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > > > **

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > > monday morning i woke up feeling kinda sick, i was little stuffy

> >and

> > > >> > a tad

> > > >> > > > > hoarse, then monday afternoon was by the air conditioner for like

> >a

> > > >> > minutes

> > > >> > > > > then i ended up having an asthma attack and needed my inhaler.

> >then

> > > >> > > > > yesterday morning woke up kinda the same way, then i ended up

> >having

> > > >> > another

> > > >> > > > > asthma attack and needed my inhaler cause i was gagging, then most

> >of

> > > >> > day i

> > > >> > > > > was ok then i ended up coming home from work with a semi nauseous

> > > >> > headache

> > > >> > > > > and i had that most of the evening. then today i woke up hoarse

> >again

> > > >> > and i

> > > >> > > > > was coughing some to this morning. i let my bedroom door open

> >during

> > > >> > the day

> > > >> > > > > so that air can get into my room and cool it off, but at bedtime

> i

> > > >> > close my

> > > >> > > > > door. i been using my peak flow and it has been normal so that is

> >not

> > > >> > a

> > > >> > > > > problem. Monday was my first asthma attack since Feb. P.S. all i

> >have

> > > >> > right

> > > >> > > > > now is my rescue inhaler, was on steroid inhaler like 2 months

> ago

> > > >> > for a

> > > >> > > > > really bad cough.

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > > so my questions are:

> > > >> > > > > 1.am i getting sick or is it my asthma messing with me?

> > > >> > > > > 2. should i call my doctor or let it go?

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > > --

> > > >> > > > Take care,

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > > >

> > > >> > >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >> --

> > > >> Take care,

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I can certainly relate to this topic. I have underlying autoimmune issues, so

when I run a low grade fever that spikes in the afternoon, it's always a mystery

to know if I'm actually getting sick, or just flaring. Last month the doctor

ordered some antibiotics because he didn't like my afternoon temps, and I did

feel better, but never did know what was wrong or if it was an infection, which

part of me was unhappy.

JoAnn

Guest guest

thanks all i called the doctor back today and they called me back and the doctor

wants to see me again so i go back to the doctors 2morrow to see why i am still

sick, i was kinda hoping just to get a script sent in but that is not happening.

>

> I can certainly relate to this topic. I have underlying autoimmune issues, so

when I run a low grade fever that spikes in the afternoon, it's always a mystery

to know if I'm actually getting sick, or just flaring. Last month the doctor

ordered some antibiotics because he didn't like my afternoon temps, and I did

feel better, but never did know what was wrong or if it was an infection, which

part of me was unhappy.

>

> JoAnn

>