RemedySpot.com

Re: Research on Asperger's Disorder - A little background on Jimmie Gilliam's Claim to Fame

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

rogernmeyer@... wrote:

> A comment on the Gilliam Scale.

>

> Gilliam " created " his scale as a not-well-disguised rip off of the

> Attwood-Garnett Australian Scale. I know a bit about it, because he

> contacted me in the early days of his scale's development.

[ snip a *really* useful early history ]

Impressive, ! A keeper. Many thanks.

- Bill, AS

--

WD " Bill " Loughman - Berkeley, California USA

http://home.earthlink.net/~wdloughman/wdl.htm

Guest guest

Bill and others...

The politics and bigtime economic stakes of the autism industry are among reasons I've kept my hand out of many of the arguments within the academy, research and service and program provider communities. They all have an interest in preserving fame and fortune not so much at other's expense as in accord with their own personal and professional interests, many of which are rife with conflict, self-dealing, and the kind of back climbing and back biting common to the many opportunities to participate in feeding frenzies that occasionally break out in the health and public policy fields. We're in the midst of one given the current brouhaha over the American Psychiatric Association's documented DSM 5 mis-steps and poorly disguised coverups of conflicts, collusion, bad faith, and the substitution of personal policy and promotional agendas over the public weal.

Yes, my knowledge of some of the internal detail for developments is a bit arcane, and spotty, but I'm interested in rolling out some of the factoids I've come across only to show that people who stand up for perfectly good points of view don't often recognize in whose hands they're actually in as pawns in these nasty imbroglios.

N. Meyer Re: Research on Asperger's Disorder - A little background on Jimmie Gilliam's "Claim to Fame" > >rogernmeyer@... wrote: >> A comment on the Gilliam Scale. >> >> Gilliam "created" his scale as a not-well-disguised rip off of the >> Attwood-Garnett Australian Scale. I know a bit about it, because he >> contacted me in the early days of his scale's development. > [ snip a *really* useful early history ] > >Impressive, ! A keeper. Many thanks. > >- Bill, AS