RemedySpot.com

RE: Newbie here..Need advice,am losing my mind and body.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi B. :)

Welcome to the group! I'm so sorry to hear your story. I too, suffered (and feel I'm still suffering) from being on the WP.

My suggestion would be - If this were me, I would not ditch the E just yet. You might want to consider continuing with that and go looking for a new non WP dr.

I'm laughing (not at you) about the filling comment. Been there, done that one. It was also suggested that I didn't do the protocol right.

Have you read Dr. Vliet's stuff or listened to any of her radio shows?

http://herplace.com/

Hang in there! And keep posting if you want! It's been kind of quiet here but I know others will respond when they can.

Liz

www.ojaipaintedminis.com

http://fineartamerica.com/artwork/tag/liz+vernand

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of blessed2bmomSent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:33 PMTo: rhythmicliving Subject: Newbie here..Need advice,am losing my mind and body.

I am working with a WP doc for the last 11 months. I.Am. A. Mess. AND SICK OF IT!I have a long,ugly story to tell, but I cannot think straight at the moment. Yesterday was day 28 of the LAST time I will take the WP. I have NO idea how I found this group-but I did, and another general site for hysterectomies-and haven't taken ANY hormone since yesterday AM.Yes, I am telling my doc. though I can't imagine she will be surprised-and she will blame my failure, on not getting me silver fillings out-and detoxing!Brief history...I am 3.5 yrs. post-complete hysterectomy/oophorectomy,after losing a 20+ yr battle with stage 4 endometriosis. Before my hysterectomy, I was also dxed with Fibromyalgia. POST hysterectomy, I was dxed with Hypothyroid,CFIDS,EBV,and a heart murmer. Long history of anxiety,insomnia, and panic disorder. A ball of fun.11 months ago, after much misery of various BHRT, I saw a doc who seemed to know her hormones, and I fell for it.After many blood draws,one check-up, and two phone consults(she's an hour away) I was told there wasn't much she could do for me,until my mercury came out, and meanwhile, she has told me to tough it out(or the nurses,actually)-the latest,being that I had a yeast infection out of nowhere, and HORRIBLE bladder issues-mainly leaking a lot. There have been many changes to the WAY I use the WP-but never an adjustment of dosage. Though she has adjusted my Armour thyroid-each time telling me it will effect my sex hormones-and to give it another two mos to balance out. Balanced? What's that?I blame myself for much of this-I thought I was well read-but it is painfully clear to me now, that if WP works-it's not meant for women who have had such a horrible medical history as mine, and an oophorectomy in my late 30's! BUT!!! SHAME ON THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!NOW-What can I do? I am so depressed-I feel so betrayed by sooooooo many docs, and have no trust in them. I read the list of P ovrerdose, and,yes, I do have many of them-though some were already there. However!! I am NOT getting better on this protocol. My words mumble-jumble,I have gained tons of weight,and am soooo depressed-with thoughts of suicide at times. My brain is scary!!!!!!!! No word recall,no memory,total fog. It has taken me a loonngg time just to write this.There is a new compounding pharmacy in my city,and the pharmacist is very nice an informed. Do I turn to him? My husband wants me to see someone first thing tomorrow. I am scared.b.

• 2 weeks later...

What is (WP)?Thank you,Kay

Subject: Re: Newbie here..Need advice,am losing my mind and body.To: rhythmicliving Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 8:24 AM

Hi B,

I am sorry to read what you have been through....and yes, I can understand the hesitancy in trusting the medical field after such a track record. I am glad you found this group for help and support, it certainly made a big difference for me to be able to understand that I am not alone.

Brief hx of myself; three yrs ago while undergoing expl. surg for a suspicious mass in my abdomen, the 'dr' I had chose to remove a functioning ovary and leave a non-functioning one in. Within a couple weeks after the surg I began to suffer from extreme fatigue and all over body joint pain.....then the loss of s.t. memory, hairloss, inability to sleep, weight gain, mood alteration set in.....After 11 months of begging for help and being told it was all in my head I went outside of the HMO to some other physicians for help. Was diagnosed with hypOthyroid (hashi's) and then later with a bunch of food allergies which i never had prior to the surgery (i was hypOthyroid for at least a few years prior to surgery though and refused treatment by the hmo 'docs'). I also tested high with the EBV titer, but no 'current' infection reported (per the lab results).

Out of desperation to feel better I went on the WP. What it did for me was decrease my joint pains (initially), but that only lasted for the first two weeks of the protocol. None of my other symptoms improved (in fact it was a pretty bad rollercoaster ride). I too gained a massive amount of weight on it and got the linea negra one gets while pregnant (even though my serum P levels never went higher than 3.3). The Dr I saw at the time had warned me not to go on the WP but I was reaching for some hope to get better and signed the consent to begin. This Dr, after 4.5 months on the WP told me that ethically he would not write another order for it after seeing how bad it was making me feel. I give him great accolades for that because, when you are on it, and it is effecting your brain/mood, it is hard to see things clearly.

I have been off of the WP now for 1.5yrs now and still have not been able to lose the weight I've gained. I still have all the problems I had before and during the WP; however, my body feels much different. It feels as if the high doses in the WP, like the surgery did, changed the entire physiology of my body. I swear that high level of P used in the WP is STILL sitting in my body and messing the entire endocrine/immune system up!

From my readings, and from the many Physicians I saw, drastic changes in hormones can set off numerous changes in the body (especially autoimmune issues) if one is prone to them. Thus the increase in my hashi antibodies, the worsening of the psoriasis after my surgery and the increased allergies to food. More recently, per the Dr I am seeing now (and more reading) the addition (ie WP), or deletion (ie: surg) of hormones can basically 'turn on' the switch in ones body for medical issues that would not have 'come to be' if these severe hormonal changes did not occur.

I wish I had some good news to share with you about something I found that worked for me. I haven't found anything yet. I did start on LDN (low dose naltrexone) which is supposed to help reset the immune system and has some very interesting results. To date (started on 12/04/08) I haven't had much change (maybe a bit improvement in the sleep area); However, a friend of mine has had some excellent results on it. She has been hypOthyroid for years. Taking between 120 to 180mg of Armour per day. She went on the LDN and had to decrease her armour to 30mg/day, and thinks she will have to decrease even further. She reports an increase in her mood, increase in her energy, and increase in her brain functioning (clearer thinking and got back her ability to multitask!). ....

I do also feel better when I take the 'Standard Process' body detox system (seems to help decrease the inner racing/anxiety a bit). There was another woman on this board (sorry, but it has been so long since her post i forgot her name). She too had used the WP and gained weight from it (and had, what i believe would be termed, 'inner anxiety'). Anyway, I remember she wrote about going on Iadoral and Cortef. She had reported it helped her to start losing the weight she gained from the WP (you know that weight that will simply not come off no matter what one does to get it off)....

I don't know if she is still a member of RL, but hoping that if that treatment continued to help her, she will respond to give you her insights....

Hang in there B.....you have been through a lot and it sounds as if your body is reeling from the hormonal upheavals it has had throughout these past few years.....

Have you been tested for any other viral, bacterial or fungal infections? That is something I am thinking may also play in to the reactions I am having.

If the LDN ends up working for me, I will certainly let you know.

Kam

************ **One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www. aol.com/? optin=new- dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom000000 25)