file size.

Casey

Mom to Dawn 20 HH, Ken 10 ADHD, 7 CHARGE

ICQ 728514 AIM ZeeCasey

CHARGE Web Page:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/1220

Debra,

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour to adopt , he would be

one lucky boy to wind up with you all. :)

Love,

Mom to Kennedy 20 mos old CHARGEr, 10, 8, and wife to Graeme

New Brunswick, Canada

Visit the " Weir homepage " at: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/5716

ICQ #1426476

Hi everyone

It's looking more and more positive that we will be adding to our

family. There is a little more red tape to get through before the final

decission is made, but the attorney said that we look favorable. We're even

talking about when we can be there to bring him home. The attorney is

supposed to call me back tonight to give us the final word, but he is

talking

about us possible leaving tomorrow.

How about this for great news. We can't wait to have him home with us and

spoil him with all our love. Tryny is so excited to have a baby brother

" like him " , he signs 15 to 20 times a day " go baby, baby brother home now " ?

So as soon as I know the final word you all will be amoung the first to

know.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. We want in our

family and yours. I will send a picture as soon as I know how (oh Casey,

you

could do it for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Debra

---------------------------

Debra,

God's Grace is upon you and how fast this adoption is taking place. This

is such a wonderful blessing.

Amy mom to Brittney 7 CHARgE

Hi everyone

> From: DW33333333@...

>

> It's looking more and more positive that we will be adding to

our

> family. There is a little more red tape to get through before the final

> decission is made, but the attorney said that we look favorable. We're

even

> talking about when we can be there to bring him home. The attorney is

> supposed to call me back tonight to give us the final word, but he is

talking

> about us possible leaving tomorrow.

>

> How about this for great news. We can't wait to have him home with us and

> spoil him with all our love. Tryny is so excited to have a baby brother

> " like him " , he signs 15 to 20 times a day " go baby, baby brother home

now " ?

> So as soon as I know the final word you all will be amoung the first to

know.

>

> Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. We want in

our

> family and yours. I will send a picture as soon as I know how (oh Casey,

you

> could do it for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!).

>

> Debra

>

> > For information about the CHARGE Syndrome Foundation or to become a member

please contact marion@....

>

• 1 year later...

Wow, Sara....way to go! Hope you enjoyed your walk and had a good nap.

Lyn

hi everyone

Hi Lyn

Iwent out again for my walk with my husband,another hour

of the same,im so tired and very sleepy i cant wait to

lay down, is not because i overate,because i did eat good

today and also a vegetable salad with fat free italian

dressing,but im so sleepy i dont know how long i cant

stay on the computer, maybe taking a nap in the recliner

with my fan on, i think is the heat that got ot me,

i hope i sleep through the night, Sara.

-Hi Lyn

I had a great nap, but i was up all night after that,

i tried my computer and couldnt keep my eyes open, so i

went to the recliner turn on the fan,and kept my eyes close

all night, i woke up in the morning all rested, i feel great

now,i went to my sister this morning and it was fun,she

had t o go someplace and i came home and the fresh air

did me good, Sara,

-- In Serious-Weight-Watchers@y..., " jbm1 " <jbm1@r...> wrote:

> Wow, Sara....way to go! Hope you enjoyed your walk and had a good

nap.

>

> Lyn

> hi everyone

>

>

> Hi Lyn

> Iwent out again for my walk with my husband,another hour

> of the same,im so tired and very sleepy i cant wait to

> lay down, is not because i overate,because i did eat good

> today and also a vegetable salad with fat free italian

> dressing,but im so sleepy i dont know how long i cant

> stay on the computer, maybe taking a nap in the recliner

> with my fan on, i think is the heat that got ot me,

> i hope i sleep through the night, Sara.

>

>

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi Pat,

I'm Topper () one of the co-owners of the group...

I had RAI about thirteen years ago.. so I've got that experience behind my belt... and I'm now severely hypo and just getting back on meds.. so I've got that experience, too... AND I used to raise and train tropical birds so I've got that perspective down too.... AND I'm 'running down the hall screaming' scared of needles..so I know what you mean there, too! hehehehehe

First the blood draw.. it's really not that bad.. and I'm one the is TERRIFIED of needles.. I've had to be lain on at times by the nurses to hold me down when I was a kid I was so afraid.... Just explain to the tech that you are nervous and that you're okay with someone that can do it really quick.. but if they have to try a second time you may lose it... sooooooooo....... and they'll make sure that you get a good tech cause they hate having to pick up the fainters off the floor! (I'm serious...) Just be right up front honest with them and they'll be really nice... The put the needle in and take two to four vials of blood from the one needle... just be calm.. don't tense up and it will take just a minute or two and they're all done.

Now.. you're birds.. If you do end up hyper, my thyroid was swollen to double normal size and was blocking my wind pipe..it went in instead of out.... they may have to give you RAI... So, to keep your birds safe ....

You'll only be dangerous to them for about 4 days. the same as a human baby needs to be kept away from you for four days.... They have much smaller bodies than a baby and will be more easily affected.... Set the birds up in a room that you can stay out of.. or in a corner of a room where you won't get any closer than four feet from them....

If you are living alone and/or have no one that can do your daily bird chores you have an alternative....

Rig up their cages with water bottles that will hold enough water for 4 or 5 days.. and get them set up now so that they can kinda get used to using them... they have little beads that will attract the birds to lick and deliver a drop at a time... and set them up with food dispensers (one or more) that will hold enough food to last for the same period of time... The birds may be a bit snippy if they are used to daily attention and baths.. but they'll be much better off if you stay away from them.... Pick up a small bottle of, rats, I can't think of what it's called right now... it's a liquid that you can put in the water, a tonic that will help prevent spread of disease.. I just can't think of the name if it right now.... It's an 'ounce of prevention' kind of thing that will make up for not being able to do daily water changes... You didn't mention what species of birds that you have.. but if they are millet spray lovers, if you hang one or two of them in the cages they may forgive you for ignoring them....

If you do have RAI the radiation is given off of you in your perspiration.. bodily eliminations (urine and bowel) and breathing.. so you do want to stay away from them and not handle things that the birds will come in contact with. Parrots can live for many decades.. so I'd be very careful as symptoms may not appear for many years if they do get an over exposure... and if you love your birds I'm sure that you'd rather be more careful rather than cut corners and risk their health and well being.

If there is someone around that can care for them for you for a few days.. get them familiar with how to change their water and food.. whatever treats and/or fresh foods they get and how often... if you have all that stuff covered before you have to face your own medical mystery.. you'll be able to concentrate on you, knowing the your feathered buddies are going to be okay during a time that you may have to stay away from them...

I didnt' have any warm blooded critters when I got my RAI but had a friend come in to set up my plants and fish.... Some of the plants were food producers.. lettuce and strawberries that I had growing in my apartment.. I had no warning at all about my RAI.. so I coudn't make arrangements other than to have a friend do it for me... Picture me sitting on the far side of the room trying to explain how to set up the automatic fish feeder.. and how to dunk the plants to water log them to last for several days... hehehehhe

My fish and plants made it just fine...

Holler if you have ANY questions.. We're all here to help....

Topper ()http://toppertwo.tripod.com

Ohhhhhh.... I can't help it... tell me about your birds..!!!! what kind(s) do you have???? hehehehehe

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 23:06:41 -0000 "Pat" writes:> Hi! I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Pat > and I live in Illinois. I'm 43 years old. About the middle of > February I noticed that the bottom of my neck was swollen out --> goiter. I have an appt. Monday to find out what is going on. I've > been reading alot about the thyroid and its still alittle confusing. > I just had some questions and am hoping someone can help me.> It seems like its better to be hypo than hyper, correct? The > treatments for hyper eventually bring the person to a hypo state > right? I don't know which I am...I have symptoms of both so I don't > anything yet.> I'm really frightened about alot with thyroid disease. It seems > like > medicine often doesn't work and people have to go for RAI. I read > about RAI in a couple books and thats confusing because it seems > like > sometimes you go home right after (same day) and sometimes you have > to stay for awhile in the hospital. I know I shouldn't even be > thinking of this, but I have a number of small birds and the thought > of RAI is scary esp. because of them. The teensiest little things > affect them and I'm sure RAI would be one of them. Anyone on here > ever have RAI that had parrots --esp. small parrots?> I shake thinking about my visit Monday. I have asthma and it was my > normally scheduled visit for a checkup. Sometimes I wonder if my > asthma meds caused this. I'm a big chicken when it comes to > needles. Had my thyroid tested about 8 years ago and at that time > is was normal. But now I have a goiter.> > Anyways, just wanted to say hi and unlurk.> > Thanks,> Pat

Guest guest

Hi Pat! I am (Feisty) one of the co-owners of the group. Welcome!We are glad that you delurk. We have a wonderful group here that will share their knowledge and support. I am not sure whether it is better to be hypo rather than hyper. Both are terrible . Feisty

-- Hi Everyone

Hi! I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Pat and I live in Illinois. I'm 43 years old. About the middle of February I noticed that the bottom of my neck was swollen out --goiter. I have an appt. Monday to find out what is going on. I've been reading alot about the thyroid and its still alittle confusing. I just had some questions and am hoping someone can help me.It seems like its better to be hypo than hyper, correct? The treatments for hyper eventually bring the person to a hypo state right? I don't know which I am...I have symptoms of both so I don't anything yet.I'm really frightened about alot with thyroid disease. It seems like medicine often doesn't work and people have to go for RAI. I read about RAI in a couple books and thats confusing because it seems like sometimes you go home right after (same day) and sometimes you have to stay for awhile in the hospital. I know I shouldn't even be thinking of this, but I have a number of small birds and the thought of RAI is scary esp. because of them. The teensiest little things affect them and I'm sure RAI would be one of them. Anyone on here ever have RAI that had parrots --esp. small parrots?I shake thinking about my visit Monday. I have asthma and it was my normally scheduled visit for a checkup. Sometimes I wonder if my asthma meds caused this. I'm a big chicken when it comes to needles. Had my thyroid tested about 8 years ago and at that time is was normal. But now I have a goiter.Anyways, just wanted to say hi and unlurk.Thanks,Pat

Guest guest

Welcome to the group Pat and glad you unlurked. I live in Alberta, Canada and am 45 and my first grand son was born the other day. I started out Hyper but am now Hypo. You mention that you have small parrots, that's great, do they talk at all. You right the sometimes meds don't work but maybe they will for you, they did for me. I take 100mg of synthroid per day and am going tomorrow to get rechecked. I have noticed that I'm losing wieght again and tired and have headaches again. Although they say that the headaches are caused by MS which I'm suppose to have. I just want to find out if I can go from hyper to hypo to hyper again. Good luck with your appointment Monday and lets us know what your doctor says.

Gloria

Pat wrote:

Hi! I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Pat and I live in Illinois. I'm 43 years old. About the middle of February I noticed that the bottom of my neck was swollen out --goiter. I have an appt. Monday to find out what is going on. I've been reading alot about the thyroid and its still alittle confusing. I just had some questions and am hoping someone can help me.It seems like its better to be hypo than hyper, correct? The treatments for hyper eventually bring the person to a hypo state right? I don't know which I am...I have symptoms of both so I don't anything yet.I'm really frightened about alot with thyroid disease. It seems like medicine often doesn't work and people have to go for RAI. I read about RAI in a couple books and thats confusing because it seems like sometimes you go home right after (same day) and sometimes you have to stay for awhile in the hospital. I know I shouldn't even be thinking of this, but I have a number of small birds and the thought of RAI is scary esp. because of them. The teensiest little things affect them and I'm sure RAI would be one of them. Anyone on here ever have RAI that had parrots --esp. small parrots?I shake thinking about my visit Monday. I have asthma and it was my normally scheduled visit for a checkup. Sometimes I wonder if my asthma meds caused this. I'm a big chicken when it comes to needles. Had my thyroid tested about 8 years ago and at that time is was normal. But now I have a goiter.Anyways, just wanted to say hi and unlurk.Thanks,Pat

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi Bev,

How are your wedding plans coming along? It is such a big task. Just don't

get too stressed.

Nice to hear from you.

Pam

Radioactive Mamma

Hi Everyone

> Hi Everyone

>

> I thought I would pop in and see how you are all doing.

>

> Some of you will already know me but for those that don't I will

> tell you who I am ....

>

> I'm Bev, I own the Immune-system Support Group. This is where

> and met. I am 33 and have Behcet's Disease. It is a rare

> condition. I live in the UK with Phil my fiance who also has

> Behcets. We met through another support group and will marry on

> 10th September.

>

> I hope you are finding this group helpful and informative.

> and are great people and we are proud to have them in our

> group too.

>

> Take care and if any of you have any questions please feel free to

> ask.

>

> Talk to you again soon

>

> Bev

> Immune-system Group Owner

> http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/immune-system/

>

> If you know someone who may wish to join our group

> please email me at immune-system-owner@...

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 6 months later...

Well i didn't know that Thyrotoxicosis is a part of what I have. I

had gone about 7 years before they finally found what I had, They all

said that I had sinusitis, and soforth. Anyhow, my sister started to

have a rapid heart rate, sensitivity to heat, excessive hunger. I

told my mom that she should have her tested for thyroid problems,

just cause it sounded like what I had when it started with me. Only

hopefully they would find it early enough to retrain it. They went to

the doctor who gave her a pregnancy test and said great news, you're

not pregnant( that's what they did to me too) My mom then talked the

doctor into taking a thyroid test. The doctor did so unwillingly.

They then called my sister about 3 days later to do some followup

tests because there were some abnormalities. They told her that

there's a chance that she has Thyrotoxcosis and because of what I

have, they want to make sure. My sister upon hearing this freaked out

and ask me for information. Her results were:

TSH .02

T4 1.3

But they also said that her Red Blood count was extremely high. So

they are testing her liver too. I was looking it up and what I found

so far was that in Thyrotoxcosis, that the body doesn't believe that

the thyroid hermone does anything, So it tries to make a lot but it's

not put to use,since the body doesn't use it. I'm hoping that if it

is this that they can catch it in advance to train it. Thanks again

for everyones replies.

> Thyrotoxicosis is basically a " storm " of the thyroid. It can be a

feature

> of Grave's, but can also be a feature of Hashimoto's Thyroiditis,

in it's

> hyper state. Too much thyroid hormone being sent out of there, or

can be

> brought on by taking too much med (way too much med). Just the

nature of

> thyrotoxicosis say to worry and be anxious, but basically it can be

a real

> nightmare to someone who is in the middle of it. The fast heart

rate,

> etc.....Has she seen her doctor, and have you seen your doctor. We

probably

> need more info at this point.

>

>

>

> Re: Hi everyone

>

>

> > Sorry, I'm in the dark, same as you, on this one...

> >

> > Topper ()

> >

> > On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:43:40 -0000 " desired_heart "

> > <desired_heart@y...> writes:

> > > hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted before, but I'm more of a

> > > lurcher. I wanted to ask a question. I've had Graves' Disease

for a

> > > while now, and now my sister who is 10 years younger than me is

> > > being

> > > diagnosed with thyrotoxicosis. I wondering if anyone has this,

and

> > > if

> > > anyone knows how it compares to Graves' Disease. She's only 15

and

> > > is

> > > really worried. Thanks in advance.

> > >

> > >

There are so many points in the chemical pathways where there can be a

problem. (((Sigh))). Anyone who has these problems actually needs a doctor

who is very ept at finding where on the electrical pathway the problem

really is.

Re: Hi everyone

> Well i didn't know that Thyrotoxicosis is a part of what I have. I

> had gone about 7 years before they finally found what I had, They all

> said that I had sinusitis, and soforth. Anyhow, my sister started to

> have a rapid heart rate, sensitivity to heat, excessive hunger. I

> told my mom that she should have her tested for thyroid problems,

> just cause it sounded like what I had when it started with me. Only

> hopefully they would find it early enough to retrain it. They went to

> the doctor who gave her a pregnancy test and said great news, you're

> not pregnant( that's what they did to me too) My mom then talked the

> doctor into taking a thyroid test. The doctor did so unwillingly.

> They then called my sister about 3 days later to do some followup

> tests because there were some abnormalities. They told her that

> there's a chance that she has Thyrotoxcosis and because of what I

> have, they want to make sure. My sister upon hearing this freaked out

> and ask me for information. Her results were:

> TSH .02

> T4 1.3

>

> But they also said that her Red Blood count was extremely high. So

> they are testing her liver too. I was looking it up and what I found

> so far was that in Thyrotoxcosis, that the body doesn't believe that

> the thyroid hermone does anything, So it tries to make a lot but it's

> not put to use,since the body doesn't use it. I'm hoping that if it

> is this that they can catch it in advance to train it. Thanks again

> for everyones replies.

>

>

• 3 years later...

Do any of you here have any on advice on a few things. First my doctor says that I have gotten four or so bouts of bronchitis these past two years due to the illness and subsequent death of my husband. That said can anyone tell me a few things. Like what foods should you avoid. What foods should you load up on. What enviroment have some of you in here found more detremental to your bronchitis. I live in the USA in NY state and have been wondering if perhaps I should move to a different climate. I mean they say that cold, windy and damp is not good for bronchitis. So is warm and dry the best? Are taking vitamin supplements a good thing or doesnt it really matter?And last, is the flu shot really a good idea?Peace all and thank you

Hi..I'm Sandie..57 live in MD

Stress will do a number on us for sure. Try to find time for yourself..time to just relax and ' breathe ' a little.

Eat light meals. Because of my illness, i'm underweight. My nutritionist suggested I eat several small light meals. Easy on the carbs..we dont want to bloat our diaphram..that makes breathing more difficult.

Fruits and veggies are good for us.And let's not forget our fiber..we get this also thru grains fruits and veggies.

Vitamin supplements are always good for us..esp if you're not eating well, but eating a healthy balanced diet is always best.

My dr suggests I supplement with Bcomplex, C and E..get my calcium. I try to drink juices..but I can't drink milk. I eat plenty of yogurt, it's good for the digestive system and very good for replacing the good flora our meds deplete from our intestinal tract.

This is simple advice, but I hope it helps

Sandie

I live in hot steamy humid MD. Weather DEFINITELY has an impact on our breathing ..I can't wait for the colder milder less humid temps. I'm in no position to move from MD..I just stay indoors on really humid days. At this point, as humid as it's been I'm ready for colder weather. Protect your lungs w/a scarf over your mouth during those times you have to venture outdoor..breathe your own warm air.

Never look down on SomeoneUnless you're willing to help them UpSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

When you say that humidity "does a job on you" and you bought a humidifier, do you mean you bought a DE-humidifier and use it 24 hrs a day, or do use a humidifier?

I, too, live in an inland area of Calif and find that rain makes me feel worse. We walk each evening and I do sprints where I walk fast or jog for a minute or two, then resume walking. Twice a week I take a yoga class and it's great for exercise, strength, and flexibility, as well.

I am wondering if most of you who didn't develop bronch in childhood are former smokers? I never smoked, but have at times been under tremendous stress from anger and verbal abuse in my marriage. Doctor also says atypical acid reflux plays a part in the condition.

Kay

--------- Re:hi everyone

Hi,I have been reading messages for a long time but haven't responded until now. I'm a new member, 53, and dx'd about 3 years ago. I live in a dry inland area of California, but when I travel to more humid places I really notice a change for the worse. Also if it is windy and there is any dust or pollen in the air I get worse. I take a lot of vitamin supps., musinex and an antihistamine. I highly recommend the flu and pneumonia shots. Exercise is also a plus to keep everything circulating and loose (which I have to admit I don't do enough of). If you have a bad day, ask yourself what changed. Did you eat something different, was the weather different, what was the pollen count? I'm not as bad as some of you out there yet. I hope with your help I can manage my symptoms as I get older. Thanks for this group!! /Debbie

Make your little one a shining star! Shine on!

I'm sorry I goofed on this one. Definitely a DEhumidifier. My son attached a hose to it and inserted in thru the wall to the outside so I never have to empty it. It goes constantly and my house feels so much more comfortable since I did it.

To: bronchiectasis From: ericnkayn@...Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:57:34 +0000Subject: RE: Re:hi everyone

Hello,

When you say that humidity "does a job on you" and you bought a humidifier, do you mean you bought a DE-humidifier and use it 24 hrs a day, or do use a humidifier?

I, too, live in an inland area of Calif and find that rain makes me feel worse. We walk each evening and I do sprints where I walk fast or jog for a minute or two, then resume walking. Twice a week I take a yoga class and it's great for exercise, strength, and flexibility, as well.

I am wondering if most of you who didn't develop bronch in childhood are former smokers? I never smoked, but have at times been under tremendous stress from anger and verbal abuse in my marriage. Doctor also says atypical acid reflux plays a part in the condition.

Kay

--------- Re:hi everyone

Hi,I have been reading messages for a long time but haven't responded until now. I'm a new member, 53, and dx'd about 3 years ago. I live in a dry inland area of California, but when I travel to more humid places I really notice a change for the worse. Also if it is windy and there is any dust or pollen in the air I get worse. I take a lot of vitamin supps., musinex and an antihistamine. I highly recommend the flu and pneumonia shots. Exercise is also a plus to keep everything circulating and loose (which I have to admit I don't do enough of). If you have a bad day, ask yourself what changed. Did you eat something different, was the weather different, what was the pollen count? I'm not as bad as some of you out there yet. I hope with your help I can manage my symptoms as I get older. Thanks for this group!! /Debbie

Make your little one a shining star! Shine on!

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star power. Play Now!

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

I just wanted to let you all know that Ive slept and although mom is about the

same, I am refueled and doing fine and ready to face the test Thursday and

whatever life has in store.I cant say how much you all mean to me.Many of you

are neck deep in life and in caregiving, and to go out of your way to reach out

just shows what wonderful caring souls are here.Please know that Im okay and I

am going to keep on keeping on.I am considering getting the ball rolling on more

help now, I know Ive said it before but Its tough for me to bring a stranger in

with mom.But I do know I cant go it alone.Heartfelt best wishes to all of you.  

Ron