RemedySpot.com

Re: [bronchfriends] all terminal!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Norma,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I won't be having the first one until about the middle of January, and am not too concerned. I feel I have a good doctor. My neurological problems have taken the forefront of my several "conditions" and will be seeing the neurologist next week.

I do remember you, and maybe our paths will cross someday, my youngest daughter lives in Bolingbrook, right next to Naperville.

Best regards,

MarilynMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Marilyn,

I had my first cataract surgery last spring. Two days later I was admitted to the hospital with pseudomonas pneumonia. Since I am on Medicare, I had to go to a nursing home for the third week to finish up my PICC line Iiv actibiotics. All that time my husband was working in Phoenix. I had the second eye done about two months ago. The surgery is very easy--only drops to put in the eye prior to surgery and afterwards. It is such a simple surgery now. Best of luck. You may not remember me since I have not been very active in this group recently. I am the one who visited the town where you live several years ago. I have two children who live in Chicago. My daughter has lived in Naperville, Overland Park, Rolling Meadows and now lives in Wheeling. My son works in ton but was living in Oak Park when he drove me to your hometown to visit the antique shops on one of my visits

to him while he lived in Oak Park.

Best of Luck,

Norma (native of Illinois now livining in Texas)

Subject: Re: Re: [bronchfriends] all terminal!!To: bronchiectasis Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 5:37 PM

Thank you Joy! You gave me just the lift I needed. Yes, these are supposed to be the "golden years", but somehow not so much. I try to always see the glass as half full, but is sometimes hard. It is good to have your good words. I pray that you can have a good summer. It is cold snowy winter here. Had to scrape ice off my car to get out. Now found I have cataracts and will have surgery next month. Never a dull moment.

Best always,

Marilyn

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Marilyn,

I am glad that I can be helpful. That was my experience with cataract surgery and others with whom I have compared experiences.

It would be nice to personally meet someone else with bronchiectasis. When I was in pulmonary rehab., there was a man who had it but he did not share his experiences. I am amazed how much you are able to do. I am 74 and do not seem to have as much energy as you do. I have not regained my energy since I had pseudomonas pneumonia last spring and was in the hospital for two weeks. I know I would feel better if I went back to rehab., but I have to drive in heavy traffic about 25 miles. The time that they want me to come is later in the day so the traffic is heavier. I do have a treadmill and Total Gym at home, but it is easier to do other things.

Take care,

Norma

Subject: Re: Re: [bronchfriends] all terminal!!To: bronchiectasis Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 12:20 AM

Norma,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I won't be having the first one until about the middle of January, and am not too concerned. I feel I have a good doctor. My neurological problems have taken the forefront of my several "conditions" and will be seeing the neurologist next week.

I do remember you, and maybe our paths will cross someday, my youngest daughter lives in Bolingbrook, right next to Naperville.

Best regards,

Marilyn

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Just a quick note to all, thanks for your posts, looks like we all have had a lousy year in many ways-- BUT we are all supporting each other, that’s the way to go.

Joy, I am still a consumer carer representative to our MHS- and in so do sit on many hospital committees at the top end- management.

Having nurse liason workers, community liason workers etc has been a wonderful asset, and is continuing to roll out more.

Also now having more emphasis on education- educating staff, is a great benefit- many more nurse educators etc.

Nurse liason workers are so much more 1 on 1 , which does mean they do remember you, do follow up etc.

So please you are getting a little better service.

Makes a big difference when you can actually feel the difference having someone else does care and understand- especially when you live alone- or have family and carers who don,t seem to understand.

Being close to Xmas here in Australia ( to all others) .

we ( my carer and I ) have been inundated with calls from past members we have helped, and members of the groups we support, all asking to meet with us today at the local boat club--

Normally about 7 of us meet weekly for raffles and lunch on saturday- we assist 3 of those to communicate--

Well we are so pleased, we have 21 arranged to meet us today-- for a xmas get together.

Isn,t that just amazing- all these people could not get out past their front doors a year or two ago-- and now they are asking us to meet them for lunch.

I am overwhelmed.

I will try and get a pic and send next post.

2 of these people are coming from Noosa and the Sunshine Coast-- ( both have spent most of the past 4 years in mental health facilities) but in past 18 months have been coming to us, and who have become so well, have moved away to start new lives.

I am hoping some will win a turkey or ham for xmas.

BUT who cares if they don't, they have won something much better, much longer lasting and that’s fulfillment, friendships and TRUST in each other.

And have also gained NEW HOPE.

Take care all.

Hugs again Sandy

Ps just had another person ring to ask to meet us-- she only got back from 10 days in a Bris hospital- and sleep clinic-she is now permanently in wheelchair- we have managed to save her mind, her legs, and now hoping to get her well enough to drive again--diabetes, constant infections, mrsa and all on top of mental illness is pretty big task for her to remain so positive again-- yes has c pap also, now a newer one--

Norma,

I did go to pulmonary rehab for six weeks about two years ago, and it was helpful in learning breathing techniques, and to push myself a little. Now the neuropathy seems to be in the forefront, and while I do become fatigued easily, I am able to do more of some things, but less of others. I am usually in bed by 7 p.m. I share a home with my oldest daughter and her three girls, who are 12, 8 and 5. I cook dinner, grocery shop, do lauundry and some cleaning. But there are days when I just have to stay in bed. So, no time or energy for social life, but it is a good, full life.

Hope you have a blessed day.

MarilynMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.